FfH2 0.25 Bug Thread

I built the Mercurian gate in a city guarded only by a lion and a bear (both with nationality declared), and Basium and his angels appeared in the city, but it did not pass under his control. My animals were kicked out of the city, but then went right back at the end of the turn (they had been kicked into calabim territory, without a right of passage agreement). The next turn I decided to gift the city to him, and when I did so both of my animals and all of his units were kicked out of his boarders, across calabim territory into Kuriotates land.

(I built the gate in a tiny city on the other side of Calabim lands, using a great engineer. I had captured this city from the barbs in the early game, after they took it from the vamps. It was still 99% calabim, and had no tiles under its control on land. I had open boarders with The Kuriotates, and not with the Calabim. I had actually just signed a peace treat with the vampires about 3 turns earlier, which is probably why Basium didn't declare war on them along with the other AV civs)

I vaguely remember having a problem with the gate related to having (HN) animals in the city in a game or two before BtS, probably back in .21. I remember my lion was kicked out of the city, but I moved it right back. The Mercurians decided not to join the game that time.

Possible Multiplayer OOS involves Orthus. Happened in two different games, everytime one of us gets in a fight with him, it starts the OOS. :cry:

I'd second this - razing AV's capital should _always_ lower AC. Razing large AV non-capital city is another thing (small AV cities should too, imho)

I was playing Grigory with 3 evil AIs, all of them AV and I was unable to lower AC at all (got 100+). Grigory is neutral, but they should mind 100+ AC (as I see them)

mine 2c

The major problem with the AC raising is the spread of AV which is nearly unstoppable if you aren't ready because of the no limits on disciples. There should really be a cap on them, I've witnessed Perpentach sending more than 10 at once and spreading AV like... hell.

For the Bannor, you can pick to switch to the Crusade civic when you research Fanaticism, even if you are not at war (since it prompts you if you want to change). Since I don't normally use Crusade much, I am not sure if it behaves correctly (except that I am not at war) Either way, I think there needs to be a check every turn (if its not there already) that if the Bannor are not at war, they are taken out of Crusade (such as if Corlindale sacs himself for peace).

I've been trying games with the Labruscum option, and it appears to only seed barbarian cities on one continent? Not sure if this is intentional or not. Easily reproducable by starting a Custom Continents game with two or more continents. If you go into the world builder you can clearly see that barb cities are only one one cont.

Also, with the 'No Settlers' option barb activity seems greatly diminshed. I've played a few games like this up to turn 260+ and have seen almost no barbarian activity at all. The only ones I do see seem to be lizardmen from ruins. Plenty of animals but no new barb cities appearing. I've tried this both with and without Labruscum and it seems to make no difference. I'm not sure if this is a bug or intended behaviour? Possibly because of the low number of cities it never triggers normal barbarian spawning?

Using patch 'k'. No other game options checked in either case. Large map, other settings as default.

I can confirm that barbarian cities are only created on a single, otherwise not populated continent (saw that 3 times out of 3 - on archipelago).

Well, if you have fewer, larger continents then the barbs' continent wouldn't be otherwise unpopulated. I've played several himisphere games where I shared a continent with the barbs cities and with 2 or 3 AI civs.

Still, they are only on one of them.

Isn't hidden nationality supposed to prevent a unit from capturing cities? For some reason, my 3 HIll giants can capture cities whill my mercenaries can't. THis alowed me to capture several cities already which might be unfair

From the front page first post:
Permanent Changes (things that won't be "fixed")
1. Hidden Nationality units can capture cities.
2. You don't get line of sight into cities with you religion if you control the holy city.
3. Units can attack and cast in the same turn.

Yes, with Labruscum there doesn't seem to be any link between where the civs start and which contintent gets the barb cities.

I've had it where the barb cities are only on my continent, only on a continent with other civs or on an unpopulated continent. It also appears to be possible for the barb cities to be on an island chain or other small area, not just on a full continent.

Isn't hidden nationality supposed to prevent a unit from capturing cities? For some reason, my 3 HIll giants can capture cities whill my mercenaries can't. THis alowed me to capture several cities already which might be unfair
Yeah. Despite the post that responded to this one, allowing hidden nationality units to capture cities is really really broken to the point where I refuse to do it because the AI just doesn't know how to properly respond.

The major problem with the AC raising is the spread of AV which is nearly unstoppable if you aren't ready because of the no limits on disciples. There should really be a cap on them, I've witnessed Perpentach sending more than 10 at once and spreading AV like... hell.

They need to fix the issue where you can make a disciple of the order... spread the order to an ashen veil city... and BOTH religions will now be active in that city...

They need to fix the issue where you can make a disciple of the order... spread the order to an ashen veil city... and BOTH religions will now be active in that city...

This is intentional. Both religions are now allowed in the same city at the same time. Later in Shadow many events will revolve around conflicting religions in a City.

I play Malakim, Monarchy, patch f (patches g, h, i, j, k do not mention anything about my questions).
I searched the civopedia: nothing.
I searched the FAQ (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=190988): nada
(edited)I searched the wiki: found for prob3, but not for prob1/2

Problem 1: I Can not summon guardian Vines, griffons, Treant, or sanctify
A Priest of Leaves, or a High priest of leaves can not summon any of these, or sanctify. Is it correct?
In the wiki (http://civ4wiki.com/wiki/index.php/FfH_Nature_(Magic_Sphere)), it is not clear who can and who can't.

I promote a priest to High Priest of Leaves, with Nature 3.
In theory this promotion gives
- Entangle: it works.
- Summon Treant: it does NOT work, no matter you are in an ancient forest ad have a High Priest (with patriarch promotion), a nature mode, summoning/divine/sorcery tecs.
- Vitalize: it works.
In my pic below, you have 2 High Priests of Leaves with the promotion "nature III", on an ancient forest. None can summon.

At a point, my highest High Priest of Leaves was a 105 experience points unit. Even him could not summon Treants, no matter in cultural border, waiting turns, on an ancient forest...
You can reproduce with the save file attached below.

Problem 2:
In the wiki: "Temple of Leaves increases the chance that a Treant will be spawned in an Ancient Forest."
After 300 turns, with a lot of ancient forest, and all cities with the Temple of leaves, I had not a single Treant spawning.
Is it activated?

Problem 3: just solved.
After a lengthy search I discovered that Eurabatres is unique to the Kuriotates.
Ooops, the in-game civilopedia does not say anything about it. Thanks to the wiki... (I hope the wiki will feed more the in-game civilopedia in the future)

Attachments

• LILI AD-0560-Malakim-priest of leaves promotion.CivBeyondSwordSave
    694.8 KB · Views: 42
"Problem" 1: Priests and High Priests of the Leaves do not have the summoning promotion. They can only cast divine and sorcery spells (runes, OO, and order priests only have access to divine spells. Only AV priests can summon). This is intended. If you want nature summons, use a druid, Yvain the Woodelf, or a nature III summoner unit (the last one seems like a bit of a waste, since it is so much easier to get the needed promotions on the first two that to get an adept enough levels to upgrade and get the nature III promo. They are better saved for other spheres' summons.)

"Problem" 2: Treants only spawn (as oppose to being summoned by a unit with nature III and summoning promotions on a forestd tile) when the forest is being invaded by enemies. If you are not under attack,then you will never get a free treant. This is intended. However, the Wiki is out of date. Building like temples of the leaves have no effect on the chances of treant spawning. I'm pretty sure that the spawning mechanism was different early on, but since I started playing (the last version of the Light Phase), all that has mattered was your state religion and the Ancient Forests being invaded.

1: Treants are permanent summons, you can have one for each caster that is able to summon them and they don't disapear like normal summons. Maybe you already had the maximum number of treants?

2: Treants will only spawn if an enemy unit moves into one of your ancient forests, they do not simply spawn on their own.

I destroyed a city with the Ashen Veil in it last night, and the AC went UP instead of down like it used to. Is this normal now? If so, it's going to be really tough fighting the clock, and I liked the "you are saving the world" bonus from other civs.

Also an odd thing: the Ashen Veil was founded by Auric Ulvin in this game. He still couldn't adopt it of course, but I was surprised to see that.

I've seen the dwarves send out large numbers of Thanes of Kilmorph across the map converting the majority of the civs to Runes. I don't know what happened but I would like to see this type of behavior slowed down.

Thank you MagisterCultuum and Draconian!

Actually I skipped the druids for concentrating on Priest as I heavily use the internal civipedia, and found no clear explanation concerning their usefulness...

This mod is NOT something you can play casually... I play for the 2nd time, and I am now at 19h30mn in my secongd game...
You really need to "specialize" yourself in a civiization as they are so many, and so different from each other. The "official" civ looks now very monotone after testing this elegant and complex mod.
The 49 year old I am is so used to read manuals and reports. and I am simply submerged by all details, and the mosaic of information a bit every where on the net...
Ah! I hope some young guns will, a day, have the courage of compiling everything and do a manual...

Actually, he can adopt it, but he won't. The AI is still weighted to never adopt a religion, but he hasn't had the agnostic trait for the last several versions (since .22, I think).

The inability to research religious techs was recently changed from being civ-specific to being an effect of the Agnostic trait. When Kael made this change, he probably took away the limitations on the Illians and the Barbarian state (he gave the barbarian leader agnostic/summoner), but since the Illians do not have agnostic, they are free to found any religion they want.

Top Bottom