1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 0.25 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Oct 4, 2007.

1. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

That is what we all assume is meant by the "item mechanic" that is scheduled to be implemented in shadow for the Axe, the pieces of barnaxus, and several new items that none of us (except Kael and possible some team members) know about. (I'm hoping I can also convince them to make spellstaffs into items, so one enchantment III archmage can make them for the other war-mages)

Hmm, 4 days without a patch, a list of changes for an upcoming patch, or any glaring reason to need one. Could this mean that work on Shadow has finally begun?

2. Leigekiller

Leigekiller Chieftain

I am also having issues with catipults in Patch K suddenly 2 warrios and 10 catapults are assulting my cities, I can't defend against that kind of assult early game, and I am on my 4th try tonight.

BTW new posting, but I have been following them for a good while, love this mod!

LK

3. JDexter

JDexter Prince

@Magister:
    I asked that in the regular thread:

4. CuteKills

CuteKills Chieftain

Went back to an earlier save, and it seems OK now.

?

5. felwar

felwar Warlord

Definitely too early in my game for summoned creatures or magic. Still, it was Cassiel, who loves pacifism. If ever there was a reason to delete a unit, that would be it.

6. Demus

Demus King

could be the unit carrying the axe walked past barbatos? i hardly ever notice AI disbanding units, they'd rather go to war

7. Hoerks

Hoerks Chieftain

Patch K:
    Planar Gates spawn for me. Make sure you have at least one of the other buildings in the city which are needed to spawn a certain unit. And the more Gate cities you got, the better.

What bugs/oddities I found:
    Units can both cast AND attack in the same turn. (i guess this isnt intended)
    Treetop defense Promotion is not removed when leaving the wood.
    Evangilist promotion does not work(as far as i understand it)
    Hell terrain stops farms from spreading irrigation and when you are building a water mill at the time the tile turns into hell terrain, your worker stops building and you will not be able to build a water mill on that tile anymore.
    Promotions which should be spread after combat are not spread.

Mana Prequesites for tower are shown as "or" but are "and". This way you need all kind of mana to be able to build the towers.

Are targeted spells now autotrageting?

(maybe old) Patch J: could not create Forests with nature III promoted druids.

8. MagisterCultuum

casting and attacking in the same turn is intended (it is easier on the AI)

treetop defense promotion (like homeland) doesn't go away in BtS, but it only has an effect when in the appropriate tiles.

Evangelist mechanic is waiting for shadow

I'm not sure if it is implemented yet, but hell will eventually probably make rivers dissappear (so that it won't look odd for normal rivers to flow into hellish seas. This is probably intended

Yeah, targeted spells now auto-target. It is annoying not to have as much control over your casters abilities, but the AI is better at it. I'm hoping we can eventually move to a version where human casters can target while the AI still autocasts.

9. Hoerks

Hoerks Chieftain

But you can still build farms on tiles with fresh water and water mills next to rivers if they were turned into hell before you started doing so nor do existing farms get affected.

10. GeeJo

GeeJo Flibbertigibbet

1: Hyborem auto-razes Hellfire tiles when he's at war with the barbarians.
    2: Killing units with a Prophesy Mark doesn't lower the Armageddon Counter
    3: Prophesy mark adds again to the counter when the unit upgrades (though if the above is fixed this'll cancel out)
    4: Getting two manes per kill again (wasn't that fixed in Fire?)
    5: Captured workers are gaining racial traits (handy when you're Hyborem and half the world's in flames, though)
    6: Perhaps auto-destroy nodes when the tile ownership changes to make it more obvious that they need to be rebuilt? I don't think the AI understands that it needs to at the moment.
    7: Demons' Altar didn't apply Scourge to Mardero. Heroes don't get building-applied bonuses?

11. MrBones

MrBones Chieftain

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but it seems that the regenerate map function is gone nor does the game remember my choices of game options when playing a custom game.

12. MagisterCultuum

Regenerate map was purposefully removed, by the game's lack of memory is just annoying.

13. felwar

felwar Warlord

Is there a chance that in the removal of the map regeneration feature, the bare minimum requirements for things like mithril and reagents were also removed? Playing a global highlands map and just discovered there were none.

Also, as with the person above, I noted it will not save my option preferences despite the .ini file listing them correctly.

14. JDexter

JDexter Prince

Also the starting settlers did loose their special promotion on regeneration I believe.

15. Vortex79

Vortex79 Chieftain

Suggested fix: random leader name generator for player count larger than x.

Patch K

Playing on a large terran world on patch K after getting past the video issues, they do not play in game because I had to turn videos off to get the game to load so I watched them seperately with the Bink video player, which I realize is kind of cheating :lol:

But anyhow, at 40 leaders, a lot of leaders get utilized twice and if the names and colors are similar, it's difficult to tell who has ownership of which territories.. also.. I miss my mana counter sidebar *sniff*

16. kidcarson

kidcarson Chieftain

If the mana counter side bar needs to come back, perhaps it can go on the bottom where the unit auto-sort thing used to go. The mana counter always interferred with the leaders/scores that were listed in the same place and would be even worse now that you can play up to 40 leaders.

17. MagisterCultuum

I thought I'd just state how annoying it is when you are asked if you want to liberate a city to someone you are at war with.

18. Fritzworth

Fritzworth Chieftain

FFH2 0.25k + media pack (BTS 3.13 + CVGameCoreDLLpatch-v1.09), on XP, with 3 GB of RAM.

Already got 0.25k to run just fine with a custom game (standard map). Tried one of my favorite FFH2 0.23c custom scenarios: Earth-IceAge map (hey, it fits FFH). Got a CTD with MS 'report crash?' dialog before even getting to the 'here's your character' screen. Got the same result with both Earth-IceAge maps (Civ4 and BTS). I'll go try a huge map in a normal (custom) game. ..fritz..

19. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Emperor

The mana bar gui will return in Shadow. Read the first post. ;)

20. ZhugeTien

ZhugeTien Enlightened Despot

I know that the Homeland promotion is now permanent and is only supposed to work when within your own cultural borders. I just started a game as the Elohim (Ethne the White, randomly) and saw one of my scouts withdraw from combat with a bear. The scout was defending and was several squares outside my borders when this occurred.

Also, hawks still don't rebase to hunters properly. The only way to load them is when they are in the same city by using the "load" command. Attempting to rebase hawks allows it to another city, but shows a grey square over a hunter. The hunters are, of course, not at maximum cargo. Will this be resolved in Shadow?

Thanks once again for your continued efforts to keep this mod playable and fun. Dealing with BtS must be a real... well, bear. heh