FfH2 0.25 OOS errors

ah oki, we'll will hafta get others to delete theirs heh

will that somehow help with the sync log issue? or just hopefully for OOS?

No, just trying to make the OOS testing as valid as possible.

No, the modified dll was just for that version.

Hi

Played a game with my brother. We both deleted the 0.25 directory and re-installed it and patch f. Played it with combat damage types off, and raging barbarians on. Everything was fine until an OOS error on turn 123. Capria discovered Runes of Kilmorph that turn and converted and I defeated an attacking Goblin. Don't know of any other significant events. I'd been fighting goblins every turn though.

Hope that helps.

I took screenshots of the event and combat logs etc. for that turn and if it's any use I can post or send them.

Edit: It may have actually been two goblins now that I look at it. One of my warriors had Orthus' axe, and may have been attacked as well, but I'm not sure if it was definitely him.

Hi again.

Just tried 3 more games. This time with damage types, AI spells, Hidden Nationality and Events all off.

The first 2 games I was Perpentach and the game went OOS right away. The first time I had to do a hard reset.

The 3rd game I went Cassiel and my brother was Jonas Endain, and it went OOS in the 2nd turn.

EDIT: 5th game: Taking Arturus Thorne and Jonas Endain. With combat damage and hidden nationality off, resulted in an OOS error in the 2nd turn again.

Edit: Played 6th game. I was Perpentach again, and my brother was the Sheaim. Only damage types turned off. OOS in turn 83. I got an event about archaologists unearthing a cache of ancient texts in the sands of Midgar desert, but I'm not sure if that's relevant. No other major occurrences that we noticed.

i think the barb trait leaders always cause OOS on turn 2

and balseraph commonly go OOS for us, i think because of the random units turning barb thing

yeah...those silly clowns. Although Loki running away doesn't cause OOS anymore it seems, and arena doesn't crash the game. So it's either that or like I really just think it's when a stack attacks your city when you have the "Quick Combat" and "Quick Defense" enabled it goes all crazy-like. Like a clown, but mayb without the actual interferance. *shrug*

I rewrote the trait switching from scratch (quite a pain, the old way was so elegant). Im hoping the new way avoids all the Adaptive and Insane OOS's. Even better if it resolves those issues we will have a clue on how to address the other issues.

Cannot be added damage types only. We tried our first MP game (0.25f) yesterday. One sure OOS trigger was battle against any barbarian unit. This was true for host and non-host alike.
Generally, we experienced OOS, for other unknown reasons, every 5 turns or so. We tried with or w/o barbarian cities from start. Didn't seem to matter.

Played a game with two human players again. Khazad and Amurites (plus 5 AI civs). Turned off damage types, and had no barbarians or lairs. Got to turn 170 without any OOS errors, and will continue it again tonight to see if any occur. Was hoping to see if there were no OOS's with no barbarians. Barbatos the Lich did spawn however, and destroyed a civilisation (capria) early on, so he may affect things later.

We tried yesterday a multi player game with two friends.
From first turn and randomly every 10 to 15 turns OOS
So we tried a normal BTS game, same thing.
Then we read in civfanatics forum that often the cause for OOS apparently is "random events"
Tried a normal BTS Game without random events and lo and behold not one OOS
Is there an option in FFH2 to turn that option off for testing?
regards, sA.

We tried yesterday a multi player game with two friends.
From first turn and randomly every 10 to 15 turns OOS
So we tried a normal BTS game, same thing.
Then we read in civfanatics forum that often the cause for OOS apparently is "random events"
Tried a normal BTS Game without random events and lo and behold not one OOS
Is there an option in FFH2 to turn that option off for testing?
regards, sA.

Yeah its a debug option.

Thank you Kael, we will try it again tonight with random events off
Ill post any news

:-(
didnt make any difference for us, playing with or without random events
beginning around turn 30 we got every 2 to 3 turns an OOS
(in BTS normal it did make a difference...)

random events dont cause OOS, we were getting them before when we turned them off, and have played many games getting events without OOS.

the options ive found yield very few OOS are:
No Barbarians (would be nice if no barbarians meant no barbatos either, as i think he causes OOS like other barbs)
No leaders with Barbarian trait, Charismatic, and Insane
No leaders with chaos mana (mutants going barbarian triggers OOS i think; tho this doesnt stop non-chaos mana civs from turning mutant, but thats hopefully fixed soon)
a 2v2ai game
Hallowed ground
All debug options except No Events

with those settings we seem to only get OOS from combat sometimes, and very sparingly from something the AI does on its turn that isn't combat

Thats great information. Im hoping the adaptive and insane OOS's are fixed in the version im uploading right now. If so we may know what we need to do to fix the rest.

right now the most common OOS occurs randomly during fighting, not specific to special damage types.

like in a game tonight we had an OOS where for one player the AIs warrior who killed him had only 0.6 str for me, and 1.2 str for the other player. it appears as tho theres a random number in combat that isnt communicated to all players in sync.

right now the most common OOS occurs randomly during fighting, not specific to special damage types.

like in a game tonight we had an OOS where for one player the AIs warrior who killed him had only 0.6 str for me, and 1.2 str for the other player. it appears as tho theres a random number in combat that isnt communicated to all players in sync.

Could you check and see if the switching traits OOS is fixed. You should be able to prove/disprove it by starting a 2 player game (no ai players/no barbs), one player playing Perpentach and the other any adative leader. Then just play until the adaptive leader has had a chance to change civics and the perpentach player has been effected with insanity (you probably want to run with the living world option to make insanity change more likely).

well, we've played games with 3 cassiel AIs for a long time and no OOS, or does it have to be human players? either way we'll try with human players later heh

Nah, it doesn't matter if hes human or not. Thats good news, one of the OOS problems may be resolved. That DamageType one is going to be a pain but I will see about digging into that one next.

Top Bottom