FfH2 0.30 Bug Thread

This was reported earlier when patch B was out, but it still hasn't been addressed.

Playing Ljosalfar and I can't get a hawk to rebase to my hunter. It can rebase to cities.

It is with any hawk and it's from 0.25 already.

Originally Posted by Kael
66. The Infernals don't need to be in the world to create the Mercurian Gate, tech prereq for the Gate moved back to Fanaticism.

Allright, I don't understand why this change, anyways the Civilopedia for the Gate should be updated then, since it says it can be built after the Infernals entered the World.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvRandomEventInterface", line 72, in getHelpAdventure2

NameError: global name 'unit' is not defined
ERR: Python function getHelpAdventure2 failed, module CvRandomEventInterface

Guess it should be pUnit instead of unit.

And one more, same event:

Can't find type enum for type tag PROMOTION_JADE_RUNE

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvRandomEventInterface", line 93, in applyAdventure3

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function applyAdventure3 failed, module CvRandomEventInterface

Here is the save game you guys wanted. The way I see it the main problem is that it's an everybody-loves-everybody-else game. They almost all adopted Octopus and therefore they don't fight each other, thus millions of troops are present.
However, there are other strange things happening. Shortly after this save was done, Sabathiel created Basium, but Hyborem hadn't been created before. Basium then adopted - Octopus, quite a surprise, since he is supposed to be Good incarnate.

It's a strange world ;o)

Anyway, I also have a suggestion about religions, don't know if this is the right place: How about making them events instead of researchable technologies? They could be triggered with a certain chance if you have researched a certain tech, and you would have the choice of adopting the religion or not.

Cheers, bluepescadero

Attachments

• Sidar_Svartalfar_AD-0928.CivBeyondSwordSave
    699.1 KB · Views: 60
This is being caused by excessive inflation. It will be fixed in patch "d".

1. Running Patch 'D' I still encounter the endless 'Waiting for Civilizations' at the end of turn 731.

Here's a save from the turn earlier.

2. A strange thing happens when a bunch of infernal troops take Glulynn. It's given to me (the Sheim) instead.

Attachments

• Tebryn Arbandi AD-0729.CivBeyondSwordSave
    482 KB · Views: 48
In my last game Sidar who had the Esus religion (yeah, it's not that secret) and he was also member of the Undercouncil (not that secret either) created Basium who had Empyrean religion and was a member of the Overcouncil. Quite a surrealistic experience and extremely peaceful.

Suggestion. Wouldn't it be more logical to have a Good civ create Basium instead and an Evil civ for the Infernials. Yes I do understand that this would let any Neutral civs out of the Good-Evil conflict, but isn't that the whole point, being neutral or at least force any one that summons Basium to become Good and vice-versa for the Infernials.

I just come up with a good question. Please say that the "Team - Basium" is broken if the summing civ adopt the AV religion? Another question. A neutral civ that summons Basium, they really can't summon the Infernials too, can they?

I just come up with a good question. Please say that the "Team - Basium" is broken if the summing civ adopt the AV religion? Another question. A neutral civ that summons Basium, they really can't summon the Infernials too, can they?

The infernals can only be summoned by evil civs becuase it requires state religion to be ashen veil, which changes the alignment to evil....

Here is the save game you guys wanted. The way I see it the main problem is that it's an everybody-loves-everybody-else game. They almost all adopted Octopus and therefore they don't fight each other, thus millions of troops are present.
However, there are other strange things happening. Shortly after this save was done, Sabathiel created Basium, but Hyborem hadn't been created before. Basium then adopted - Octopus, quite a surprise, since he is supposed to be Good incarnate.

It's a strange world ;o)

Anyway, I also have a suggestion about religions, don't know if this is the right place: How about making them events instead of researchable technologies? They could be triggered with a certain chance if you have researched a certain tech, and you would have the choice of adopting the religion or not.

Cheers, bluepescadero

This isnt a patch "c" or "d" save game.

mervvyn said:
Are we meant to get messages along the lines of "Player X has adopted Undercouncil!"? It seems an obvious way to tell who has founded/adopted CoE.

You don't need to have Council of Esus as your state religion to adopt Undercouncil. Any neutral or evil civ can join the Undercouncil.

May I ask why you don't need to be good to summon "the ultimate good civ". In my game (mentioned above) Sidar was neutral, but he behavied like a criminal (with his shadows) so I wanted to go to war with him, but then Basium who is good (and liked with everyone else) would joined Sidar thanks to the Team rules and I guess that alot of the other civs would join in too. Then come the madness. A defensive pact with all the members in the council AND with Sidar their team mate who worshipped Esus and was part of the undercouncil). So whe had a cold war so to speak. No one could attack without trigger everyone else (except for a lone dwarf on an island far far away), yeah except for Sidar and the damn Shadows (I love them, if I have them). Yes I know that I can build units that can see invisible units, but no one as strong as a shadow and you usually only get one shot to attack him if he is masked and if he is threatened he become unmasked then I can't attack him. I tried to end the defensive pact (and the open border) but then I become villain of the world and crashed economically.

My solution to this was to bite in the sour apple and take the hits from the shadows from time to time and start to win some other way (I won culturally instead, but I almost quit of boredom instead).

another possibly intentional "bug" - the Celestial Compass doesn't affect the Hallowing of the Elohim ritual... or possibly the Elegy.

Hmm, do you mean teammates were on two different councils? That would certainly be a problem to be fixed.
First I tried to convert him, but he wouldn't so at the end of the game (damn I didn't come up with that idea earlier) I build alot of vicars and started to sacrifice them in the Sidar cities and when all his cities had my religion I managed to bribe him to convert to the Empyrian religion. Okey that didn't do anything for the council issue but at least I saw an end to the Shadow conflict. But I won soon after this happen anyway.

Gambling ring production cost is not reduced when you get the under council votes for it. Smuggling building can't be built either.

patch d

Don't know if this is intended but i have been able to destroy an unique improvement with a shadow .

In this game i've got also 3 CTD when passing the turn . But i don't post a save , every time i've reloaded i get no more the CTD . Does the ritual birthright regained work ? I've done only one game but when i've finished the project , i 've not been able to cast my world spell another time ( none of the ai players was building it ) .

Tcho !

May I ask why you don't need to be good to summon "the ultimate good civ". In my game (mentioned above) Sidar was neutral, but he behavied like a criminal (with his shadows) so I wanted to go to war with him, but then Basium who is good (and liked with everyone else) would joined Sidar thanks to the Team rules and I guess that alot of the other civs would join in too. Then come the madness. A defensive pact with all the members in the council AND with Sidar their team mate who worshipped Esus and was part of the undercouncil). So whe had a cold war so to speak. No one could attack without trigger everyone else (except for a lone dwarf on an island far far away), yeah except for Sidar and the damn Shadows (I love them, if I have them). Yes I know that I can build units that can see invisible units, but no one as strong as a shadow and you usually only get one shot to attack him if he is masked and if he is threatened he become unmasked then I can't attack him. I tried to end the defensive pact (and the open border) but then I become villain of the world and crashed economically.

My solution to this was to bite in the sour apple and take the hits from the shadows from time to time and start to win some other way (I won culturally instead, but I almost quit of boredom instead).

In my book a Neutral could summon Basium to maintain neutrality, such as if Hyborem has been summoned.

With patch D evil civs are now able to use the civic Public Healers. At the civics screen it doesn't say good alignment required but in the pedia it still says Public Healers is for good aligned civs only.

That should be fine. Can you get me the following to check this out:

1. A screenshot of your "C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods" directory.

2. A screenshot of your "C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2 030" directory.

3. A copy of your "C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier\Assets\XML\Art\CIV4ArtDefines_Misc.xml" file.

I have this same issue, do you want more screens?
or have you figured it out yet?

Thanks

A waiting for ... error. Funny fact, I have played this from the 0.24 (I played some on 0.23 before that) and this is my first waiting error. Have I been lucky or what?

Btw, this is a patch D save, a standard large "big-small" game.

Attachments

• Fenhorn.CivBeyondSwordSave
    191.7 KB · Views: 58
Some observations from my patch a game:

playing as the Clan, on a huge pangea map with raging barbs, wildlands, double events and double bonusses.

1) the Clan worldspell does not work on animals. could be intended.

2) building mana nodes on islands inside my borders doesn't give me mana.
it gives me horses from the same island but no mana. not even after i buid a city on the island.

3) i had a HN spider with about 200 xp fom combat and it never gave me any baby spiders. is the chance to get a baby set once and then repeated after each combat?

4) while at peace with the barbs Barbatos gave me death mana ( i build a city next to him :)

Top Bottom