FfH2 0.30 Bug Thread

Loki is not running away before being attacked. He just got attacked by a hill giant and then got attacked and injured by a wolf.

Okay, Barbatos twincasting is bad enough, but his wraiths are lasting 3 turns and roaming VERY far.

Also, I believe i'll be turning the cult of the dragon off. It's coming way too early to deal with all of the rioting it incites, and after seeing what it does, I would be choosing to never allow it any of my cities anyway.

The ratcatchers are being founded multiple times.... might just mean their founding city is moving, but it's odd.

I'm also starting to feel that starting with pacifism is just an unneeded penalty for civs without a spiritual leader. It's like starting a turn behind due to the troop cost.

When creating a custom game, game option is not loaded. I have to check the choice again :(.

; Game Options
GameOptions = 100100100011000001000100100000001000000000

Goblin workers seem to be able to remove Jungle from the start.
I have captured one from the barbarians and it can remove jungle in neutral lands (this is early in the game and neither bronze working nor sanitation is researched)

Originally Posted by Ozcor
Getting a recurring CTD, not sure why. This is the save - it crashes when I end turn.

No crash with me with patch "a". I'll get it uploaded and you can install and see if you still have a problem (it wont break saves).

Yup, that did the trick, apparently. Thanks, Kael!

Sarisin, check this out. GF seems to have an internal problem with what the dl-software thinks this mod is. I couldn't get it either. But following the linked post worked for me.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for your kind assistance. It worked. :)

It shouldn't take 20 hours to get the mod, though, and I hope the next major release can have alternate means of obtaining such as a torrent file as mentioned.

Time to play:lol:

My Chalid Astrakein's fire bonus got glitched up somehow. I have 6-7 sun mana but hes got +30ish fire combat. I think he was normal before, but when I lost power and loaded an auto-save he was super powerful although additional sun mana increased it by just 2.

Shortly after I loaded it, I crashed as well.

I just tried it and it is working fine for me. Gibbon can never steal because on recon units can. Rathus (the guy with the Nether blade) can steal if he (not your civ) is following the Council of Esus. It would be unusual to see Rathus worshipping Esus though so make sure to mouceover his unit icon and make sure he is an Esus follower.

If he is then you have to move him into a plot with another unit with an equipment for him to steal, or a city with an equipment in building form. That unit/city you are stealing from cant be a member of your team (you cant steal from team members).

Ah, ok. i understand. i just assumed that if my state religion is Esus he can steal :p

My Chalid Astrakein's fire bonus got glitched up somehow. I have 6-7 sun mana but hes got +30ish fire combat. I think he was normal before, but when I lost power and loaded an auto-save he was super powerful although additional sun mana increased it by just 2.

Shortly after I loaded it, I crashed as well.

This was an issue before as well with saved games and affinity. It was saving the strength + affinity instead of just the base strength. So each time you saved/reloaded, you'd get the +affinity added on top again.

I founded The Empyrean and was granted the Holy City as normal. It founded during a Golden Age and I immediately adopted Overcouncil along with a couple other civics. But I did not adopt the religion yet (should I have adopted the religion first?). There was no council election and no measures to vote on many turns after I adopted it. Some time later my Prophet was born and I moved him to the Holy City only to discover that the Holy City was absent!?! It disappeared though the city still had the religion. I didn't have any saves other than the one-turn autos and the turn 1 save. So I couldn't determine when I lost the Holy City. Or if I lost it due to not having adopted the religion before adopting the OverCouncil.

Desiring to play on, I WB'd the Holy City back in the original city. The next turn I meet all the civs from another continent. None of us had ocean going vessels. Then when Hyborem entered the world (on that distant continent) I meet him as well. Is it intended that the Council Leader meet all undiscovered civs?

Also I was still able to vote on resolutions despite being the only member. I passed Single Currency and the 'all foreign trade routes' measures. But my trade routes were unaffected. I've noticed other possible trade route problems so I don't if this is a Council problem or related to the other problems. Once I build The Great Lighthouse I will report on the trade route issues.

i had the exact same thing happen to me. (except i adopted the Emp religion ASAP) when i built the Holy City wonder thing that grants the Overcouncil i met all civs o nthe other continent even though we didnt have ships. Hyborem spawned right next to my 4th city.

How long does it take to impersonate? I got into impersonation and unable to come back. OK, I start impersonate Varn (Order), start the war with everybody, Invented AV, converted into it, pugred the unfaithful... About 20-30 turns passed. Time to come back. How?

Impersonation appeared too addictive. :(

She means the cultural value civic religion, not any particular religion.
Yes, sorry. I thought she means Religious Discipline which is no more.

edit: just tried it out. created 2 rathus hero's in the world builder, and gave away the sword of 1 of them. Both could still pick up an othus axe, so i suppose it is possible to carry more than 1 item (1 hero had both the axe and the nether blade).
My shadow was able to wear at the same time Nether Blade, Orthus's Axe and Golden Hammer (stolen). Either it was 3-handed shadow or the third tool was carried by the great commander (who was also riding that shadow).

Here's an interesting one. I was scoping out the map to see what I could conquer for some reagents, and couldn't find any at all in the world.

Do reagents have to be revealed now?

Am I just blind? :)

Here's the file - The map is Hemispheres, 4 continents - varied, with islands

Attachments

• JamesFFH2.CivBeyondSwordSave
    461 KB · Views: 64
Played Svartalfar, 0.30 with no patch.
I had 3 cities and one of them got captured by a goblin.
The city went from 3 pop to 1.
The weird thing though, the other two cites took a population hit when the city got taken, bringing them each down by two.

Played Svartalfar, 0.30 with no patch.
I had 3 cities and one of them got captured by a goblin.
The city went from 3 pop to 1.
The weird thing though, the other two cites took a population hit when the city got taken, bringing them each down by two.

That means that leader is using the conquest civic.

OOS errors... I hosted a game online with myself, my wife sharing my same network and my brother in a different state. Went fine for about 110-150 turns and we got our first OOS error, no python exceptions, i reconnected as I was the off number and play continued. Started getting more and more common OOS until we finally just gave up because they were happening every turn, always with myself as the off number.

Save game is attached, not sure if you will be able to do anything with it.

Sorry, but I've only started downloading the new patches just now. Do I have to download the whole thing over again, or is there a patch for 0.25 -> 0.30?

I'm the Sidar I discovered Deception first, switched to the religion, got the holy city building, adopted the undercouncil civic, got 3 people to adopt the civic with me and 50ish turns later, still no council election and I can't find anywhere how to start it, anyone got anything on this?

well, I just reinstalled the whole game and now it seems to work.

I also got the "Someone is opening speaking out about your incompetence" event. 6 times in about 20 turns. 4 of the times I chose to have the fool whiped and now the unhappiness from that has not gone away in over 100 turns.

This has got to be a bug... I'm at war with the Malakim and I move one Sheaim unit into their territory. The unit is out of movement points, but is still able to pillage. In fact, it's able to pillage multiple times. It reduces the town in the tile to nothing and destroys the road for good measure.

I'm going to note that I haven't tested this with patch 'a' yet, but there's nothing in the notes about it...

edit: updated to 'a' on the current save game and it still does it. The same issue applies to bombarding.

Top Bottom