FfH2 0.30 Bug Thread

Played a game the other night with Unrestricted Leaders turned on (I played Tasunke leading the Clan...THAT'S how wars are started:D ) and I met one of the dwarven leaders leading the Doviello...(funny, but not terribly threatening), but THEN I met Hyborem leading the Elohim! Is Unrestricted Leaders supposed to work for the Infernal and Mercurians, too? They aren't selectable on the customer screen for player use...why were they available for the AI to use, without their tech/gate being produced, yet?

I'm having the same problem as well. My game played decently up to around turn 900. From turn 900 to about turn 925 it crashed almost every turn. AFter that it seems like it went back to being stable again. Here's a save maybe you can figure out what's going wrong.

I've tried your saved and got no CtD . I was able to play over 15 turn (almost razed all amurite cities ) . I've changed some little thing with patch H , but this is the only thing i think about , You can try to change that : in CvEventManager.py , line 1668 , 'UNIT_MACEMAN' doesn't exist anymore , Replace it with 'UNIT_CHAMPION' .
This happen when a barbarian city is created at the end of a game . however i've seen no barbarian city created in the log in the 15 turn i've played . Do you use patch h ?

Tcho !

Played a game the other night with Unrestricted Leaders turned on (I played Tasunke leading the Clan...THAT'S how wars are started:D ) and I met one of the dwarven leaders leading the Doviello...(funny, but not terribly threatening), but THEN I met Hyborem leading the Elohim! Is Unrestricted Leaders supposed to work for the Infernal and Mercurians, too? They aren't selectable on the customer screen for player use...why were they available for the AI to use, without their tech/gate being produced, yet?

Unrestricted leaders aren't supposed to work at all. It's an option that is still allowed for those players who want to try something "different" but the game balance is quite likely to go way out with certain combinations of powerful leaders with powerful civs. The game is balanced on a "civilization level", meaning that one leader might be better than another, but they will have a downside elsewhere to balance it. With unrestricted leaders, this is lost, and you feasibly gain the Fallow Elohim as mentioned, or worse...

Of course "worse" is a relative term. As long as you know what to expect (no-one expects the unrestricted leaders! Their chief weapon... <STOP THAT!>) it can be good fun anyway...

I've tried your saved and got no CtD . I was able to play over 15 turn (almost razed all amurite cities ) . I've changed some little thing with patch H , but this is the only thing i think about , You can try to change that : in CvEventManager.py , line 1668 , 'UNIT_MACEMAN' doesn't exist anymore , Replace it with 'UNIT_CHAMPION' .
This happen when a barbarian city is created at the end of a game . however i've seen no barbarian city created in the log in the 15 turn i've played . Do you use patch h ?

Tcho !

I am using patch h. Like I said earlier for some reason it crashed quite a bit for like 20 turns, then it stopped. I'm not sure why, though at times the retreating Rathas seemed like they may have caused it.

During a game i defended a city using my Ritualists' Ring of fire spell. However, i had a forest tile next to my city with Remnants of Patria. The spell set the forest on fire and unfortunately removed the World improvement. I don't know if it's a bug, but it was pretty annoying losing 9 hammers...

If the Ring of fire is so powerful that it can remove a monument made out of stone, it should definately inflict far more damage on enemy units than it currently does.

Maybe tiles have problems having two improvemnts?!?

Cheers!

Hi i've been asking around about this problem but noone can REALLY help me out so i figured now that i've pin pointed the problem to this mod and i really really wanna play it i figure ill post my issue here.
Really simple, the game crashes whenever i have FFH2 installed to beyond the sword. and load the mod through that program. In fact once its installed to it i cant even play beyond the sword normally, that will crash also.
I saw an error report about it being a gamecoreDLL issue I THINK but im not a computer wiz so i dont know where to look etc.
Anyways im really excited to try this so the sooner i can get this working the better. THanks guys. I know my computer can run these games so its not a hardware issue. Evyerthing runs fine without FFH 2 installed.

All I can think of is that you might be installing in the wrong location, so go here and follow the instructions, see if that fixes your problem. If not, I can help you more in that thread hopefully.

Maybe infernal and basium will just enter your game lead by different leaders?!?

My main concern is that if the leaders are to be truly THAT unrestricted, then Basium and Hyborem should be playable leaders from the selection screen, and Infernals and Mercurians should be a selectable faction.....though either way I understand that it causes massive imbalance using this option at all.

Well, i have a problem so this would seem the ideal place to post it. After playing (and becoming addicted to!) FhH Age of ice (came with BtS), i decided to try out 2.030. so i click on load mod , chose my civ, chose the map type and then appears the "game snapshot" screen just before the game begins. seeing that all is well, i click play. suddely microsoft apears telling me there was an error, and sugesting i send an error report. now this may be something wrong with my computer, as Grave's History in the Making has a similar fate, the difference being that it freezes on the initializing screen, just after. however most other mods I've tried work.

i would appreciate any help i can get.

thanks!

Have you got the latest BtS patch (3.13)?

There's an entire forum for installation issues here.

Gah, patch H seems to be causing more problems than it solves...

Namely, multiplayer seems to be out the window with it. I tried four or five lan games, and every single game I got an OOS within the first 30 turns. Reloading an autosave and trying to do different things would at best change which turn the OOS happened on by a few turns.

Reinstalled patch G and all the OOS problems went away...

Diddnt know there was another patch relased. i'll have a look

Surely the undead should be immune to fear? My Stygian Guards wouldn't attack Acheron.

Also: Is it intended that Drowns upgraded to Stygian Guards remain undead rather than become demons?

PC Specs:
CPU: Intel E6750 Core 2 Duo 2.66Ghz
RAM: 2 GB PC6400 DDR2
Video: Nvidia GeForce 8600GT with 256 MB memory

Progress 1 turn and it ends up in an infinite loop. I left it alone for 10 minutes and my CPU processing was around 50% the entire time according to Task Manager. I tried turning down graphics to minimum in case it was a problem with Raging Seas since the Lanun are still in the game.

Edit: I am running FfH2 version 0.30h on Civ4:BtS 3.13. The game was started on FfH2 0.30g and I patched it to h after running into the infinite loop. Patch h did not resolve the problem.

Attachments

• Chris AD-0255.CivBeyondSwordSave
    725.3 KB · Views: 52
It works, thanks guys!

Maybe infernal and basium will just enter your game lead by different leaders?!?

They won't. It is hardcoded in Python for them to have their normal leaders when they are created, If there is already one Hyborem/Basium, you will get another.

18. Added German translation by Kontrollator.

the german translation in CIV4GameText_FFH2.xml is mixed up - pedia entries are mixed up with descriptions.

does someone have a CIV4GameText_FFH2.xml form patch g? - or an updated one?

give me a message on this please!

:cry: :(

So in my current Tasunke game using patch h, I am finding in impossible to promote Horse Archers. They are the only unit who has this issue, far as I have seen. I don't rightly recall where it started, but I don't think I've been able to promote any of my Horse Archers. Thankfully some of them were upgrades from Horsemen, and so got a few levels before they went promotion-immune.
View attachment Tasunke.CivBeyondSwordSave

Top Bottom