FfH2 0.32 Bug Thread

I always found that the idea of a slave captured by a summon actually worked well. After all, why would a slave hang around when it's guard disappears?

I understand that Bloom now takes two turns, but the mechanics are a little awkward. After casting the spell, on the next turn the Priest has movement points indicated, but still cannot move. A better implementation would be for the Priest not to 'wake up' until the Bloom is complete -- same as with a Worker building a road.

I had an odd issue where in both of the games I've played in 0.32 (Calabim, Monarch, Pangaea, Large Map, Normal Speed, Wildlands, Raging Barbarian, Barbarian World, No AI Building Requirements), the AI has not bothered going for any religions. First game I won a Religious Victory with Order on turn 268, simply because nothing else had been founded. Has anyone else seen anything like this?

I understand that Bloom now takes two turns, but the mechanics are a little awkward. After casting the spell, on the next turn the Priest has movement points indicated, but still cannot move. A better implementation would be for the Priest not to 'wake up' until the Bloom is complete -- same as with a Worker building a road.

1) In the specific case of Bloom, if the Priests casting Bloom worked completely like Workers, perhaps one could somehow change it so Bloom could finally, finally be cast on Improvements? I don't care if it takes twice or three times as much time - yes, I probably won't be able to have forests in every field of my culture, but at least I wouldn't have to pillage and rebuild my own improvements anymore. It's incredibly frustrating micromanagement otherwise (besides, Disciple units cannot even pillage by themselves, not that that would make anything significantly better...).

I know that foresting newly conquered territory completely with improvements within a few turns would be overpowered, but with a sufficiently long delayed casting time (e.g., I don't know, 10 turns (arbitrary value) for a single Town? Less for non-changing/non-developed improvements like Pastures, Farms or Cottages - e.g. 5 turns?) would make this less frustrating. An alternative would be to allow Bloom to be cast on Improvements which would automatically destroy these Improvements. I would still have to rebuild them (by the way, this issue is augmented by the fact Elven Workers are sloooow), but at least the Pillaging component would disappear.

2)In the general case of delayed spellcasting, depleting the caster's movement points until finished might work to fix this interface issue. Does it at least say something like "cannot move (1 turn)"?

3) I've been wondering for some time about this now: Building improvements on Forests costs nothing additional for New Forests (e.g. ~5 turns for Cottages), making it most efficient to immediately build improvements on New Forests before they develop to normal Forests (~9 turns for Cottages) and then to Ancient Forests (~12 turns for Cottages). Is it intentional that Ancient Forests increase the developing time even more than Forests (otherwise, it might be because they somehow count as both Forests and Ancient Forests)? It would be more practical to have a single improvement building time for all types of forest.

Possible fix for the Mushroom event spawning on peaks:
Spoiler :

Edit: CIV4EventTriggerInfos.xml -> EVENTTRIGGER_MUSHROOMS: <PythonCanDo>canTriggerMushrooms</PythonCanDo>

Edit: CvRandomEventInterface.py -> Add the following canTriggerMushrooms function:
Code:
def canTriggerMushrooms(argsList):
	kTriggeredData = argsList[0]
	pPlot = gc.getMap().plot(kTriggeredData.iPlotX, kTriggeredData.iPlotY)
	if pPlot.isPeak():
		return False
	return True

Haven't been able to test it yet...but it should work unless I'm forgetting a step?

Playing as Kuriotates, when my centaurs move onto forest, none of their buttons (ie, available promotions and orders) are visible.

Possible fix for the Mushroom event spawning on peaks:
Spoiler :

Edit: CIV4EventTriggerInfos.xml -> EVENTTRIGGER_MUSHROOMS: <PythonCanDo>canTriggerMushrooms</PythonCanDo>

Edit: CvRandomEventInterface.py -> Add the following canTriggerMushrooms function:
Code:
def canTriggerMushrooms(argsList):
	kTriggeredData = argsList[0]
	pPlot = gc.getMap().plot(kTriggeredData.iPlotX, kTriggeredData.iPlotY)
	if pPlot.isPeak():
		return False
	return True

Haven't been able to test it yet...but it should work unless I'm forgetting a step?

OK I'm no python expert, but wouldn't you want an "else" in there after "return False"?

Al

Not sure if its a bug with the mod or the map script, but in my last game, my Khazad settler started on a peak using perfectworld

New problem with patch a. After choosing to allow one of my cities to follow minister koun I received a python exception:

File "CvRandomEventInterface", line 387, in doSoverignCity1
File "CustomFunctions", line 110, in formEmpire

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception

odd bug... see picture...

Soldier and priest are standing on resources, pig, wolf rider came into plot and raised the pig pen without even attacking the soldier or priest, as you can see in picture they co-exist.

May be intended, but it takes 2 turns for bloom to work, also clicking bloom does not end the units move until you press "w" or go to another unit and try to go back.

May be intended, can spread COE without it as state religion.

P.S. i like the new summon tiger with FOL priests, or maybe its the nature mana, in any case, nice...

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    192 KB · Views: 175
Not a bug but more of a....
WTF is the the AI waiting for...
See pictures...

Varn Gosom has been waiting for 3 turns now....

EDIT: Just an update I had several turns to re-enforce and was able to hold off his forces.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    190.1 KB · Views: 163
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    187 KB · Views: 169
  • Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    185.5 KB · Views: 145
I guess 85% City defense is too much for the AI ?!

On another note:
Aren't you supposed to change your magic nodes, if you have metamagic?
I can't change them.

Top Bottom