FfH2 0.32 Bug Thread

Check the city screen. I had this happen in a recent game -- I checked the city screen and saw that the city was working the mountain tile that had the mushrooms.
Yeah, pretty sure the reason Mountains can't be worked is they have no yield, not the other way around. Pretty useless anyway though unless you're running StW since otherwise all it is is an extra population that wastes :health: and :) without generating anything.

Oh and the Mushrooms, Frostling, and Penguin events still don't work the second time around.

As for Koun, also, now that I think about it he actually had 4 archers. How many does he start with?

Mushrooms from ,a random event spawned on a mountain.
View attachment 182314
There's a screen shot. I'm not sure if this even really needs fixing, but it is annoying and useless in that game. Thanx! :)

SSSSHHHH!!!! :mischief: most of us don't want that one "fixed" If you go into the city screen you will see that it is not useless, it actually allows a citizen to work the shrooms on that mountain for 2 foods.

The shieam (AI) started as my neighbour with the pyre of seraphic in their fat cross, fair enough. about 150 turns into the game (epic speed) Galveholm gets taken by barbs, but how could this be? well i had a look and ofc the pyre was destroyed and spawned a bunch of very angry fire elementals, cool model btw, looks a little too demon imo.
Anyway, the pyre probably got pillaged by barbs which doesnt make any sence thematicly since its like holy to orcs.

uh yea, one more thing, in the same game as before i got a copper resource just south of my capitals fat cross but for some reason i cant get it hooked up. thers roads and a mine but no copper in my capital. This is as hippus, Tasunke as leader.

uh yea, one more thing, in the same game as before i got a copper resource just south of my capitals fat cross but for some reason i cant get it hooked up. thers roads and a mine but no copper in my capital. This is as hippus, Tasunke as leader.

You know you can just edit your last post?

Anyway, Copper appears at Mining, but is useable at Bronze Working. Several resources in FfH are like this, including Copper, Iron, Incense, and Reagents. They appear and can have the improvement built on them, providing the tile bonuses, but don't provide the resource until a later tech is researched.

Copper appears at Mining, but is connected at Bronze Working.
Iron appears at Smelting, but is connected at Iron Working.
Incense is always visible, can have a plantation at Calendars, but is connected at Philosophy.
Reagents are always visible, can have a plantation at Calendars, but is connected with Knowledge of the Ether.

I thought it was Philosiphy? I am willing to admit I might be wrong.

It can be confusing,so don't worry about it too much.

Just curious as to when .33 will be out? Sounds like you have a whole bunch of new stuff in there Kael.

edit: Also, I thought reagents were largely for the high priests or something, not mages?

Isn't it a little odd that pyre zombies cant enter flaming terrain when they are already ON FIRE! :D

P.S.
You guys have created one sweet game.

AI building Archers without Archery. Game is on my home computer, so no savegame, but as Tasunke, got Minister Kuon as my teammate. 5 turns later I notice he has 2 archers, despite my not having the Archery tech. I don't recall if AI No Building Requirements was on or not, but either way shouldn't the AI need the tech at least before being able to build them?

Is Koun programmed to show up in EVERY game now? I have seen him in each game since he became part of FFH.

In my last game I was offered him as an ally. I turned him down, but the very next turn he appeared right next to my civ as a ally of the elves.

Any chance of a game option to turn off Minister Koun?

Not sure if it's a bug, but if you upgrade priest to eidolon it will retain it's abilities. Bloom-casting tiger-summoning eidolon is weird, but ring of flames or tsunami eidolon would be godly. Also, they DO NOT start with demon promotion this way but can get it as any other promotions, so they are alive when you upgrade - similar to someone mentioning liches need to train to be dead.

Edit: Oh, and I couldn't give them CR 2 promotions although civilopedia shows that they should get all 3.

The "your people found edible mushrooms" event didn´t work on quite a few occasions. That is, no mushrooms appeared on the plot on which they were supposed to appear.

Also, the "the governor has been killed" event gave me 4 options (put his son as governor, put the gardener who saved the son as governor and so on), but there was nothing telling me what effects the various options would have.

Finally, for no reason I´m aware of, many tiles suddenly turned to tundra all over the map. I reloaded and the thing didn´t happen. I was using the flavour mapscript.

Also, the "the governor has been killed" event gave me 4 options (put his son as governor, put the gardener who saved the son as governor and so on), but there was nothing telling me what effects the various options would have.

AFAIK all of them have the same result - few turns of happines. Either a bug or it haven't been fully worked out yet.

032 patchL

2. Fixed an issue with Ignore Building Defense (it was being applied to all units).

I've got an issue with the elven promotion too (or perhaps this is just from illusion). Playing svartalfar, with alkazan the assassin, i've tried to attack barbatos on a forest tile. I make the mirror : with the original assassin got about 50% odd with +10% from forest tile for barbatos, but with the illusion (exactly the same without the elven promotion) i've got about 74% odd and the +10% forest bonus disappear from barbatos.

Don't mind :
Spoiler :
Not sure it happen for all assassin unit , but i've attacked a lone scout, hunter, chariot in a neutral territory (with the illusion ) . The strengh of the defender get down near 0, like it fly from combat but get no message and the unit stay in place.

Not sure that's intended also, i've tried to attack a city with the illusion . Lost of units in the city and a guardian already damage. I've got the red circle unable to attack but not with the assassin !?

Tcho !

EDIT : @Eelm : thank you. I didn't know that.

I believe illusions cannot kill. They can only damage down to a certain percentage. I observed this with units created with the hall of mirrors. Not sure if that affects percentages (odds).

AFAIK all of them have the same result - few turns of happines. Either a bug or it haven't been fully worked out yet.
Actually, I believe there are supposed to be a few identical-looking events that have different 'right' choices. I always pick the gardener and occasionally I'll get the unhappiness instead of the happiness.

xalien, retaining their casting is intended. Upgrading priests to Eidolons/Paladins instead of melee units means passing up the CR line of promotions, as well as a few more combat promos, but you get the benefits of March/Medic and their spells. Some priests (Stonewardens, Priests of Leaves, Vicars) are pretty useless to upgrade unless you really want March, but others (Cultists, Ritualists) can be extremely strong.

The outcome depends on your civics.
- If you have CIVIC_GOD_KING you can choose whatever you want, you will get some turns of happines.
- With CIVIC_ARISTOCRACY the boy should take up his fathers position for the happines bonus.
- With CIVIC_CITY_STATES or CIVIC_REPUBLIC you should allow the people of the city to elect their own governor.
- With CIVIC_THEOCRACY you should allow the church to decide who should lead the city.

If you don't decide like above you will get some "anger time".

PS: I very like the way this event works :)

I played the Sheaim as Tebryn Arbandi (e.g. with the Summoner trait) and my Death 2 summons (Spectres) were able to get promotions. This may or may not be intended (although the Summoner trait is more or less useless without this), but in any case, my Wraiths couldn't get any promotions.
I don't know what the intended behaviour is, but it is currently not consistent and the same problem might arise with other non-permanent summons that manage to somehow survive one round (due to Summoner Trait, unit abilities, etc.). I have only used Spectres and Wraiths in that game, so I don't know about the rest.

Actually, I believe there are supposed to be a few identical-looking events that have different 'right' choices. I always pick the gardener and occasionally I'll get the unhappiness instead of the happiness.

xalien, retaining their casting is intended. Upgrading priests to Eidolons/Paladins instead of melee units means passing up the CR line of promotions, as well as a few more combat promos, but you get the benefits of March/Medic and their spells. Some priests (Stonewardens, Priests of Leaves, Vicars) are pretty useless to upgrade unless you really want March, but others (Cultists, Ritualists) can be extremely strong.

I think that priests should at the very least not be able to upgrade to alignment units that are impossible with their religion (e.g. FoL priests could upgrade to everything; Cultists could upgrade to Druids and Eidolons, but not Paladins; RoK priests could not upgrade to Eidolons, and so on). After all, that's only possible if you switch to another religion that changes your alignment again (after all, you keep priests and disciples), so it's like a minor exploit.

The outcome depends on your civics.
- If you have CIVIC_GOD_KING you can choose whatever you want, you will get some turns of happines.
- With CIVIC_ARISTOCRACY the boy should take up his fathers position for the happines bonus.
- With CIVIC_CITY_STATES or CIVIC_REPUBLIC you should allow the people of the city to elect their own governor.
- With CIVIC_THEOCRACY you should allow the church to decide who should lead the city.

If you don't decide like above you will get some "anger time".

PS: I very like the way this event works :)

Wow - I never realized that. That being said, what a waste of an event to make it this interesting and then just have it grant temporary happiness...
All events like this should at least have it grant permanent happiness, possibly +2 or +3 - after all, it's only a single city and you made the right choice. Or, alternatively, make it grant some other bonus (e.g. +X commerce to the city tile, or, perhaps more fitting to the event, make it vastly reduce maintenance in the city, either directly or by giving you a building called "Popular governor" or something like that), but at least it should be changed to have at least some impact/effect.
EDIT: I meant to edit this into my last post, but clicked too fast...unintentional double-posting. Sorry.

For the amurites trial event, if an HN unit is picked the amurite capitol is destroyed. In CvRandomEventInterface.applyAmuriteTrial1 :

Spoiler :
Code:
def applyAmuriteTrial1(argsList):
	iEvent = argsList[0]
	kTriggeredData = argsList[1]
	pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(kTriggeredData.ePlayer)
	pUnit = pPlayer.getUnit(kTriggeredData.iUnitId)
[COLOR="Red"]        if pUnit.isHiddenNationality() :
                return
[/COLOR]	iPlayer2 = cf.getCivilization(gc.getInfoTypeForString('CIVILIZATION_AMURITES'))
	if iPlayer2 != -1:
		pPlayer2 = gc.getPlayer(iPlayer2)
		pCity = pPlayer2.getCapitalCity()
		pUnit.setXY(pCity.getX(), pCity.getY(), false, true, true)

The same for CvRandomEventInterface.applyMalakimPilgrimage1 :
Spoiler :
Code:
def applyMalakimPilgrimage1(argsList):
	iEvent = argsList[0]
	kTriggeredData = argsList[1]
	pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(kTriggeredData.ePlayer)
	pUnit = pPlayer.getUnit(kTriggeredData.iUnitId)
[COLOR="Red"]        if pUnit.isHiddenNationality() :
                return
[/COLOR]	iPlayer2 = cf.getCivilization(gc.getInfoTypeForString('CIVILIZATION_MALAKIM'))
	if iPlayer2 != -1:
		pPlayer2 = gc.getPlayer(iPlayer2)
		pCity = pPlayer2.getCapitalCity()
		pUnit.setXY(pCity.getX(), pCity.getY(), false, true, true)

For the spell steal , I prefer prevent to try to steal all equipments but just one. In CvSpellInterface.spellSteal :

Spoiler :
Code:
def spellSteal(caster):
	iTeam = caster.getTeam()
	pPlot = caster.plot()
[COLOR="Red"]	bTookOne = False
[/COLOR]	for i in range(pPlot.getNumUnits()):
[COLOR="Red"]                if bTookOne : break
[/COLOR]		pUnit = pPlot.getUnit(i)
		if pUnit.getTeam() != iTeam:
			for iProm in range(gc.getNumPromotionInfos()):
[COLOR="Red"]                                if bTookOne : break
[/COLOR]				if pUnit.isHasPromotion(iProm):
					if gc.getPromotionInfo(iProm).isEquipment():
 						if CyGame().getSorenRandNum(100, "Steal") <= 20:
							startWar(caster.getOwner(), pUnit.getOwner())
[COLOR="Red"]							bTookOne = True
[/COLOR]						else:
							caster.setHasPromotion(iProm, True)
							pUnit.setHasPromotion(iProm, False)
[/COLOR]	if pPlot.isCity():
		pCity = pPlot.getPlotCity()
		if pCity.getTeam() != iTeam:
			for iBuild in range(gc.getNumBuildingInfos()):
[COLOR="Red"]                                if bTookOne : break
[/COLOR]				if pCity.getNumRealBuilding(iBuild) > 0:
					if gc.getBuildingInfo(iBuild).isEquipment():
 						if CyGame().getSorenRandNum(100, "Steal") <= 20:
							startWar(caster.getOwner(), pUnit.getOwner())
[/COLOR]						else:
							for iUnit in range(gc.getNumUnitInfos()):
[COLOR="Red"]                                                                if bTookOne : break
[/COLOR]								if gc.getUnitInfo(iUnit).getBuildings(i):
									pCity.setNumRealBuilding(iBuild, 0)
									caster.setHasPromotion(gc.getUnitInfo(iUnit).getEquipmentPromotion(), True)
[COLOR="Red"]                                                                        bTookOne = True[/COLOR]

Tcho !

Top Bottom