FfH2 0.32 Bug Thread

It's possible to clone equipment with the ressurection spell (i.e. empty brier).

Mika is right, if you delete crazed or enraged units they always turn barbarian. Not sure how it got the promotion to start with though - sounds like it was a little early for Nature's Wrath to have been cast to turn an enraged unit which had turned barbarian into a polar bear but that could do it.
Maybe have captured animals clear certain promotions like crazed and enraged - the capturing unit uses its animal empathy skills to calm them down. (I've been playing Incursion a lot lately...)

Are you sure that is a bug? Might it be that only Decius has the Trade tech? Or, that the other civs are in the Undercouncil and have passes Secret Codes.

The bug is that I can give him Bronze Working without him knowing Crafting (although I can't give him Mining).

Mika is right, if you delete crazed or enraged units they always turn barbarian.

That is not true. Deleting any unit with a chance to turn barbarian (I think only Enraged or Burring Blood give this chance in unmodded FfH) will turn the unit barbarian. Crazed never turns a unit barbarian, it only randomly grants Enraged, which can randomly turn it barbarian.

That is not true. Deleting any unit with a chance to turn barbarian (I think only Enraged or Burring Blood give this chance in unmodded FfH) will turn the unit barbarian. Crazed never turns a unit barbarian, it only randomly grants Enraged, which can randomly turn it barbarian.
You're right of course - knew there was one other promo it affected but picked the wrong one :)

Infernals, 0.32L: cities gained through diplomacy don't get Demonic Citizens. Also, being at peace with Barbarians prevents Brigit from being obtained, you must declare war on barbs to get her.

So, my Abashai the Black Dragon got diseased by having diseased corpses attack him, and now I cannot cure the disease since the dragon is magic immune. Should the Dragon be able to get the disease? Should friendly spells like heal or cure disease work? Just thoughts.

Getting the disease isn't a spell, but curing it is. Therefore, go find the Pool of Tears or build the Aquae Sucellus and take a swim :D

Playing .32l, and none of my Elohim devouts get the marksmanship promotion, which means I am left assassinless....:(

I keep getting "memory allocation" errors, and also the generic "Civ IV has stopped working and needs to close" a lot. Like, every then minutes.

Playing as Hyborem, I had a priest cast ring of flames and it hurt my units that were adjacent to it. I thought friendly and allied units were not supposed to be effected.
I used Hyborems' Whisper for the first time and was not given the coice of the Ashen Veil holy city as one of my 3 options, not sure if that was intended that way or not.
Some of Hyborems cities are getting the obsidian gates in them and some are not. At first I thought this was a settler vs. conquered issue but some of my conquered cities got the building and others did not and some of settler cities got the building and some did not.
Lastly built the Tower of Necromancy, got the free death mana but I am not getting the ability to get the extra 5 skeleton units, was this taken away from this tower? the desription says you still get the ability to cast for the extra skeletons.

So, my Abashai the Black Dragon got diseased by having diseased corpses attack him, and now I cannot cure the disease since the dragon is magic immune. Should the Dragon be able to get the disease? Should friendly spells like heal or cure disease work? Just thoughts.

I brought this up in prior versions and this one as well. It is not a given that you have a city with the Aqua Sucellus in it or the Pool of Tears around. Even if that were the case, it is a real pain to have to send the dragon back constantly to be cured. It really is limited to staying close to the city or feature if you are at war with an AV civ.

I've been campaigning for either (a) Dragons having Immunity to Disease (preferred) or (b) Having them not resist the Cure Disease spell.

I guess it is not much of a priority to fix as very few build Abashi, but if you are one of the 'lucky' ones who does like you and I, it can be quite a frustration. :(

The Polar Bear had the Enraged promotion. The book says this gives the unit a 5% chance of turning into a barbarian unit each turn. However, when I tried to delete the unit after capturing it, it turned into a barbarian unit instantly. As I said, I didn't want the unit, so why pay the maintenance cost? It would go barbarian eventually - I think ALL units with the Enraged promotion turn barbarian soon enough despite what the odds say. :crazyeye:

Yeah, I never saw anything like this. Perpentach (with Chaos Mana) was my neighbor, how often do you see the AI capture animals? Yes, it was too early in the game for Nature's Revolt.

I ran into the following 3 bugs (I think they are anyway) in my current game. I suppose none are earth-shattering, but seem buggy just the same:

1. I see the announcement that Perpentach, my neighbor, has built Nox Noctis. Sure enough, I have a couple of HN Giant Spiders in his territory and all Perpentach's units not in the cities vanish. However, as I move my Spiders around, I am able to see all 6 of his cities and NONE has an indication that the CoE Holy City is there.

A few turns later, Perpentach declares war on me. I think, great, a chance to get that Nox Noctis. I capture one city, and raze two others. His units outside of the cities are still invisible, so I send my troops to the remaining 3 cities. Again, nothing shows CoE religion or Holy City in any of them.

I decide not to conquer/raze the remaining city as the Balserphs are giving me a good buffer zone against the barb territory.

So, why doesn't one of the Balserph cities show up as the Holy City? Is that invisible too because of the Nox Noctis?;)

2. I declared nationality for 2 of the 3 Stooges, but still could not group them together or with other units. I know this was a problem when they are HN units, but I thought this changed when you declared their nationality? Also, I declared nationality on two Giant Spiders and those could be grouped with other units.

3. I'm at war with Mahala/Doviello and she springs her WorldSpell creating billions and billions of Wolves. I am killing them left and right, mostly using three units (2 Hunters and 1 Axeman) with 100XP. HOWEVER, I am not getting a single XP from killing all the Wolves with these units. I understand the drill if the Wolves are barbarian, but they are units belonging to another civ - the Doviello. Shouldn't I get 1 XP for each Doviello Wolf I kill?

1. Are you of the CoE State Religion? If not, you're not supposed to see CoE in any city you don't own, which also means you can't see the CoE holy city. However, you should still be able to go to the Religion Screen and find the name of the CoE Holy City.

2. Not sure. Were there still other HN units in the stack? I know that at one point no unit in the stack with an HN unit could be grouped, although this might have been changed.

3. ANIMAL_MAX_XP_VALUE is also a global define, found just above BARBARIAN_MAX_XP_VALUE and likewise set to 100. (I always raise ANIMAL_MAX_XP_VALUE, BARBARIAN_MAX_XP_VALUE, and FREE_XP_MAX in my version, usually to about 500. By barbs, including animals, are more dangerous though.)

Already reported this bug several versions ago...: see screenshot (tech trading).

At higer levels AI starts whit mining instead of crafting. It´s probably leftover from vanila game where mining was starting tech. You can easily fix this bug by changing in CIV4HandicapInfo.xlm all mining techs to crafting techs.

Top Bottom