1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 0.32 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, May 23, 2008.

1. RobO

RobO King

Wow, this mod certainly is different.

I played through to turn 600something on epic with Kuriotates, then lost one of my three cities because I built the Mercurian Gate without checking the civilopedia first :(

And all that magic stuff is confusing at first.

But the real reason I'm posting here is that I couldn't build Lumber Mills. I saved some of those ancient forest tiles to be able to plop Lumber Mills on them, but I wasn't allowed to build them even though I did have the proper tech. Is that a known problem?

2. Demus

Demus King

ancient forests can't contain lumber mills. Imho, this is both balanced and thematically correct, since lumber mills work by maintaining the average forest height to a constant level, cutting down the older trees and planting new ones. This wouldn't work for ancient forests. Besides, they're already powerful enough without the lumber mill on them.

3. uberyeager

uberyeager Chieftain

The 'Spring' spell using Water I no longer upgrades Flood Plains/Desert Tiles, although ordinary Desert tiles work fine. Not sure if this is intentional, but thought I'd report it.

4. Nicopol

Nicopol Warlord

yes, maybe annoying. you can cut down the ancient forest, plant a new forest with Priest of Leaves, build a lumber mill on it and wait until the forest become a ancient forest (if u have Fellowship of Leaves) and then you will have a lumbermill+ancient forest on this tile.

5. uberyeager

uberyeager Chieftain

The 'Shadowwalk' promotion doesn't seem to work. When I mouse over a defending unit before I attack to see the odds I'll win, I see the +25% for Tile defense (Forest).
    Am I completely misunderstanding this promotion? The way it is described, I thought it would remove that bonus. Attacking someone in a forest/hill or desert :) would be like attacking them on grassland.

6. digitCruncher

digitCruncher Emperor

I have a stupid Crash to Desktop thing happening... it happens when the Single Player game is "Init Graphics"

I DO have 3.17 (here is a screeny:)

I run Vista. Is there anything else I need to do?

I have turned off movies, installed the Patch I, and installed the main game (before the patch). I have uninstalled ALL of civ IV, so no mods are still installed, so BUG isn't on, or anything like that.

The only thing I HAVEN'T done is install that optional graphics package, I assume it is still optional, as it is FAR too big for me to download on my crude excuse for broadband (which downloads 50% faster than 56K -.-) It took 8 hours to download the other two files, and I don't want to waste another 8 hours...

7. MondSemmel

MondSemmel Chieftain

It probably won't help you with your problem, but just to confirm that this was just a typo on your part - we are currently at patch L, not I. If you aren't on L yet, getting that would be the next thing to do.
    Did you choose the correct installation paths for FFH 2 and the patch (it's the same path for both, i.e. your BTS\Mods folder)?
    As far as I know, the only things remaining in the media pack are movies, the rest has been integrated into the main mod. So yes, it's still optional.

8. digitCruncher

digitCruncher Emperor

Ah... its a lower case "L", not an upper case "I"... fine then.

In that case, yes I am on patch "L"

Both the patch and the mods is in the correct path... both in my "BTS/Mods" folder...

9. subanark

subanark Warlord

There seems to be a very small chance of getting the civil unrest event which appears in Beyond the Sword unmodded. Although it might make some sense in FFH2, the last option requires espionage points.

10. uberyeager

uberyeager Chieftain

Smoke doesn't seem to be harming tile defense.
    When there is 'Smoke' in a tile, it is supposed to do -10% to tile defense, but when mousing over some units I wanted to attack in a forest, I still saw +25% tile defense before and after the smoke. Note, there were no friendly castles nearby for the defender to add the missing 10%.

11. digitCruncher

digitCruncher Emperor

My problem is fixed... I had this mod installed in two different locations, and the clash meant that it was only being run from the wrong directory...

12. CuteKills

CuteKills Chieftain

A WIBNI:

I've captured Acheron with Beastmasters a couple of times; it would be nice if he could move afterwards... :)

As I recall, he was made immobile so he didn't wander off, but it would be nice if he could be used.

13. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

The solution is to first attack him with some weaker units, so he gains XP. Then when you capture him he'll have enough XP that you can give him the Mobility I promotion.

14. Y T

Y T Kourier

Some fireballs do the trick too!^^

15. Darksaber1

Darksaber1 Secret Emperor

Yeah, exept I've had him wander off before, and go on a rampage. That was the game game weher the Barbarians built the Temple of Temporance.

16. PhoenixMuse

PhoenixMuse Mage

I have excellent news and terrible news. The excellent news is that despite having already done exactly what "proper installation" said to do, I did it again, clicking the links on that post in their order and somehow it then worked. I didn't come back to post because I couldn't seem to stop playing!

Now, just my luck, the game crashed due to some terrible error and when I hit the reset button on my computer it, it turned off, and wouldn't come back on. I tried all the tech-support non-sense but none of it worked. (Unplug everything, plug computer directly into the wall, make sure computer is cool enough, hold button for ten seconds...) My boyfriend thinks I blew the power-supply...

Best part? The disk is stuck in the computer and after being teased with five hours of game-bliss I still can't play... I spent more hours getting it to work then I spent playing it. I swear I hate my life sometimes... One big tease.

PS: I don't mean to imply it was FFH's fault that my system blew. I'm sure if my power-supply wasn't already dying or something that pressing the reset button would have only turned off the computer as usual and that pressing it again would have only turned it back on. Though the error itself was so result of a huge trade. I was trading several techs for several other techs, gold and a world map. I suspect the world map might have through the system for a loop since I always experience a lot of lag on map trading even without mods or anything.

17. Y T

Y T Kourier

Hate to say it,
    but sounds ur system was utterly messed up!^^
    FFh had never the intention to blow up systems, its just too kind & exciting for that!

18. Draconian

Draconian Templar of Doom

CD/DVD-Drives can be opened without power. Usually there is a very small hole right under the tray where you enter the disk. Push a thin object (a paper clip should work) into that hole and the drive will open.

19. MiKa523

MiKa523 Nerdish by Nature

When attacking HN Units (not barbarian) with ring of flames, you get the message that you might declare war at somebody due to the area effect, but you won't after proceeding.

20. Nikis-Knight

Nikis-Knight Deity

Is it intended that non-Calabim vampires cannot feast? I converted on but could only gift.