FfH2 0.34 Bug Thread

I popped a village in turn 27. The three Ork warriors didn't attack my warrior but instead walked straight into my empty capital. Are they supposed to do that??

yes, it is intentional: no more wandering around, straight to heart by barbars.

@Gigaz: Serves you right for leaving your capital unprotected :lol:

Not sure if this is more of a bug or a balance issue: It's possible to get disciples of religions that have not yet been founded. In my case, it allowed me as Illians to found the Runes of Kilmorph and the Ashen Veil.

Also, is it intended that the Illians can only ever get 3 Priests of Winter? I kind of feel like either The White Hand should be a repeatable ritual, or the Priests themselves should become buildable later in the tech tree.

I'm unable to play with 0.34 because it stops when loading the bar to initialize a new game.

I'm using Windows Vista 32 bit with the following specs:

Intel E8600
Gainward ATI 4870X2
4 GB RAM

If it can be helpful the first time i installed 0.34 it said that i had a video card below the specs to run the game, but i changed graphics settings anyway to the maximum.
I have disabled UAC, installed the full mod and executed the game as administrator.

I have in any case found a bug in the menu when creating a new game.If i click on changing starting era there is Ancient Classical and then several "System Specs" and one TXT_KEY_ SOMETHING ELSE

Events seem really broken, or I just have really weird luck. As Ilians, I got the Ilian-specific constellation event three times in a row, the second two while I was still in the golden age..I then got the 1food or 1commerce on a farm tile event three times in a row in ~5 turns. On the plus side, the farm events were all different tiles ;)

cool! just lurked for downloads and thread appear! :)
but unabled to download. it 'awaits authorization: can take several days'. oh my! :p

Sry Xien! :D (didnt noticed the bold text in middle of bold texts)

And don't forget to join #erebus and share your feelings about Ice there! I expect many Icy talks there today (and comming days).

You should have lurked for this :

:p
Can you open another thread for 0.34, kael, which concerns "thank you" and "can't download, because it's awaiting authorization" posts??
The last time it only tooks some hours, but that's enough to keep ppl posting about it.

Edit: Well, MC, he could just delete the thread when Xienwolf is online and create it again. I'm glad to sacrifice my post for a better bug-tracking/fixing environment :D

Maybe he should wait until the authorization is done and just ley Xienwolf make the new thread for him.

Omg man omg... is it done yet?!....HOW BOUT NOW MAN! I NEED MY FIX!

Congratulations!!!

Now, back to check what's new with the Malakim and what should I change :).

P.S. Errr...

How do I solve it?

WOOT i got the first download hahah (the mirroe is up now btw)
48 minutes and counting!

15 minutes to download... Nah, I will stay awaken :).

WOOT first bug report. :p well second... but anyway...

I explored a barrow on turn 8, and guess what popped up... Baler Jair! (a strength 8 Ogre with Death magic!?!) and his 3 cronny axemen! TURN 8! i think there should be turn requirements for some of the more deadly powerful exploration results,

EDIT: Guardian of the pristin Pass Gargoyles can still enter cultural borders (= early death if the dumb ai set it off) i thought they were supposed to be prevented from doing this?

This one would probably better belong to a cosmetic bug thread, but here it is: since the screenshot was to large I better describe it then. Mouseover info for the Giant wonder (Pact with ...) there is a /Link text in there.

once again insanely strong barbs popped out of a ruins, a giant spider with command 1 and 4 wolf riders, i still only have warriors...

yay, 0.34! :D. Bug testing soonish

I popped a village in turn 27. The three Ork warriors didn't attack my warrior but instead walked straight into my empty capital. Are they supposed to do that??

Events seem really broken, or I just have really weird luck. As Ilians, I got the Ilian-specific constellation event three times in a row, the second two while I was still in the golden age..I then got the 1food or 1commerce on a farm tile event three times in a row in ~5 turns. On the plus side, the farm events were all different tiles ;)

Just a reminder that this thread is only for bugs. Please take cosmetic issues, balances issues, and general chatting to other threads.

I explored a dungeon adjacent to one of my cities and got the Dwarves vs. Lizard men event. I sided with the Lizardmen and the resulting spawned Dwarves appeared in my city, forcing out all of my defenders and capturing it for the Barbarians. I'm not sure if this is intended or not.

Reproducable crash to desktop when hitting end of turn:

Attachments

• ctd.CivBeyondSwordSave
    102.4 KB · Views: 80
Also, is it intended that the Illians can only ever get 3 Priests of Winter? I kind of feel like either The White Hand should be a repeatable ritual, or the Priests themselves should become buildable later in the tech tree.
Agreed.

Priests of Winter apparently don't get xp from channeling only from fights.
Bug or intention?

I'm unable to play with 0.34 because it stops when loading the bar to initialize a new game.

I'm using Windows Vista 32 bit with the following specs:

Intel E8600
Gainward ATI 4870X2
4 GB RAM

If it can be helpful the first time i installed 0.34 it said that i had a video card below the specs to run the game, but i changed graphics settings anyway to the maximum.
I have disabled UAC, installed the full mod and executed the game as administrator.

I think i have isolated the problem, because the game crashes only on Erebus mapscript.With all other mapscript the game just runs fine

Well, I guess I slacked off on getting this release for assisting in bug tracking. Was a miracle I actually got it the last time honestly.

So I'll post the first actual bug, possibly. I was happily remembering that I suck at war when Stephanos appeared on a new continent. Forgot he can fly now and that he is a jerk-face. Anyway, he popped up next to my second best city when all I had was a warrior and a mage defending it. Killed the warrior on the first turn (before I ever saw him), and I noticed my mage was unable to cast any spells. In fact, none of my units could cast at all (including my sole Priest of Winter to have survived Blight smacking the world right as I finally wiped out Sheelba so I could possibly summon Drifa in the future).

Might be a new feature of Stephanos or high AC, but I would be inclined to doubt it.

I dont think this is a 0.34 save game. You've either made changes to 0.34 or its from the internal release.

several bugs:

1.) research quick bar does nto show up at top of the main screen so I have to choose tech to research manually (not even a follow up menu to choose next tech).
2.) I cannot build a granary or obelisk.

Yeah, sounds like you have some of the scenario game options on, probably from playign Fall Further (xienwolf had a similiar problem). Open your CivilizationIV.ini file and change the game options to:

Code:
; Game Options
GameOptions = 0000001000000000000000010010000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Is it intended that Adepts don't get the Ice 1 promotion for free when having two sources of ice-mana?

dungeon appears on silk, so i cant build a plantage on it.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG
    234.6 KB · Views: 195
I explored a dungeon adjacent to one of my cities and got the Dwarves vs. Lizard men event. I sided with the Lizardmen and the resulting spawned Dwarves appeared in my city, forcing out all of my defenders and capturing it for the Barbarians. I'm not sure if this is intended or not.

Fixed, thanks.

Just had mushrooms grow on a peak next to an AI city.

Wasn't expecting this is where I'd find the download link. Thank you very much, Kael and team!

Games crashes after 100 turn.:cool: I don`t know why. I reloaded many times with the same result.

Attachments

• barsik AD-0097.CivBeyondSwordSave
    127.7 KB · Views: 78
Yeah, sounds like you have some of the scenario game options on, probably from playign Fall Further (xienwolf had a similiar problem). Open your CivilizationIV.ini file and change the game options to:

Code:
; Game Options
GameOptions = 0000001000000000000000010010000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I can't find the file. What folder is it located in?

@ Ambreville: Firing up FF and disabling those options ingame might work as well if i don't err and you are lucky. :)
The more acessible way for us noncoders... ;)

Top Bottom