1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 0.34 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Zechnophobe

Zechnophobe Strategy Lich

Do you have a save of that? I'm really curious myself what could cause that.

Negative culture of such astronomical values... Is very interesting.

2. ma.KaBre

ma.KaBre Chieftain

I think FFH does not work with Linux as the SDK changes made to the dll's would not work. Perhaps I am totally wrong but it might be worth considering ;)

3. giddion

giddion Crusader

When the priest of winter has the inquisition promotion, there is no ability to remove a religion from a city, this is the same for the high priest of winter,

4. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

IIRC that's because to use inquisition you need to have a state religion. which you oviously can't have when playing as the Illians :D

5. Zobo

Zobo Chieftain

Playing as a neutral civ, summoned basium.

I was able to upgrade my units to paladins in his cities.

6. isido

isido Chieftain

Attached is a save game. Perhaps someone could test what this looks like in windows.

Attached Files:

7. albion

albion Chieftain

I have seen exactly the same thing happen. I am also running the game in Linux, but just using vanilla wine. I think it's something to do with the Great Library having espionage points attached to it, but there is no espionage in 0.34h - it's been replaced with the card game. I reloaded my game at an earlier point and did not build the Great Library. Later on, an AI civ built it and their culture collapsed instead. I took the city with the GL and razed it.

8. Chandrasekhar

Chandrasekhar Determined

My flood plains don't become obsidian plains when Hell reaches them. Is this intended?

9. skydragoon5

skydragoon5 Chieftain

Here is a save file for the crash everyone is talking about. Its persistent in the new version :(

Press ENTER to end the turn and it immediately crashes. Sometimes it shows Bone Castle (The Golden Age Wonder) being built right before crashing.

Also, the 2nd Scenario sounds like "The Mumus" crashes every time I click on it. It also crashed for me as soon as I finished the first scenario leading to the 2nd one. Tried through multiple new games and same thing.

"Civilization IV has unexpectedly encountered an error" etc :crazyeye:

Attached Files:

10. Ambreville

Ambreville Deity

I can't get the scenarios to run. I get a CtD if I try to launch the darn things.

11. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

Try doing this.

12. Ambreville

Ambreville Deity

13. skydragoon5

skydragoon5 Chieftain

I also seem to be getting some strange text errors. Minor leaders have unusual names. Baron halfmorn has a name like

#$&__// Text/ Duin/ - Something like that. Usually have a name and a text within a bunch of symbols. Hm

14. Winston

Winston Warlord

I was playing as the Malakim and I couldn't gain access to death mana - I had 2 mana nodes linked by roads and in my borders but my cities had no access.

15. Keeper_GFA

Keeper_GFA Prince

Did you research Necromancy?

16. Cylnar

Cylnar Enemy of corporatocracy

Were you in the Overcouncil? Had they voted to outlaw death mana?

17. albion

albion Chieftain

As a follow up, I booted into Vista and loaded a save game before the Great Library was built. I built it, time passed (in fact I ran the game on about 50 turns) and nothing happened. Culture grew as it should, so I'm guessing it's some weird interaction between wine and the mod.

I guess as it's such a specific bug, it'll never get looked at. I'm going to try version 040 next and see how that plays...

As a side note, playing Civ4 in Vista is so slow, grindingly slow...I have no real desire to experience that again ;o)

18. Lgaard

Lgaard King

Fth2 0.34h

Damage to HN unit (privateer) caused by maelstrom spell triggers war. Maybe a non-HN unit was on board, but I found this solved in "changelog for v.0.32, point 10".

19. Lgaard

Lgaard King

FfH2 0.34h

Icon stating the AI's state religion is CoE is visible in the "nagotiation screen" (the main one, with an image of the leader).

20. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

@Lgaard:

Now that there's a new version, the team won't be patching old versions any more, if past practice is any guide.