FfH2 0.34 Bug Thread

I've tried searching the forums, but I haven't seen this reported (either as a bug or a feature). Short time after finishing Great Library my cities cultural production was turned to large negative value (screenshot attached). Then my cultural boundaries oscillated -- on my turn city's cultural border included only the city tile, then on AI's turn, borders expanded to their normal position (along with announcement that city has gained Legendary culture). After a while there was no expansion.

I'm playing 0.34 with patch h. I'm playing the game in Linux, under Crossover games (a wine variant) so this may have something to do with the problem.

Do you have a save of that? I'm really curious myself what could cause that.

Negative culture of such astronomical values... Is very interesting.

I'm playing 0.34 with patch h. I'm playing the game in Linux, under Crossover games (a wine variant) so this may have something to do with the problem.

I think FFH does not work with Linux as the SDK changes made to the dll's would not work. Perhaps I am totally wrong but it might be worth considering ;)

Playing as a neutral civ, summoned basium.

I was able to upgrade my units to paladins in his cities.

Do you have a save of that? I'm really curious myself what could cause that.

Negative culture of such astronomical values... Is very interesting.

Attached is a save game. Perhaps someone could test what this looks like in windows.

Attachments

• isido AD-0317.CivBeyondSwordSave
    233.4 KB · Views: 151
Attached is a save game. Perhaps someone could test what this looks like in windows.
I have seen exactly the same thing happen. I am also running the game in Linux, but just using vanilla wine. I think it's something to do with the Great Library having espionage points attached to it, but there is no espionage in 0.34h - it's been replaced with the card game. I reloaded my game at an earlier point and did not build the Great Library. Later on, an AI civ built it and their culture collapsed instead. I took the city with the GL and razed it.

Here is a save file for the crash everyone is talking about. Its persistent in the new version :(

Press ENTER to end the turn and it immediately crashes. Sometimes it shows Bone Castle (The Golden Age Wonder) being built right before crashing.

Also, the 2nd Scenario sounds like "The Mumus" crashes every time I click on it. It also crashed for me as soon as I finished the first scenario leading to the 2nd one. Tried through multiple new games and same thing.

"Civilization IV has unexpectedly encountered an error" etc :crazyeye:

Attachments

• Kyu Bugsave.CivBeyondSwordSave
    275.7 KB · Views: 183
I also seem to be getting some strange text errors. Minor leaders have unusual names. Baron halfmorn has a name like

#$&__// Text/ Duin/ - Something like that. Usually have a name and a text within a bunch of symbols. Hm

I was playing as the Malakim and I couldn't gain access to death mana - I had 2 mana nodes linked by roads and in my borders but my cities had no access.

Did you research Necromancy?

Were you in the Overcouncil? Had they voted to outlaw death mana?

As a follow up, I booted into Vista and loaded a save game before the Great Library was built. I built it, time passed (in fact I ran the game on about 50 turns) and nothing happened. Culture grew as it should, so I'm guessing it's some weird interaction between wine and the mod.

I guess as it's such a specific bug, it'll never get looked at. I'm going to try version 040 next and see how that plays...

As a side note, playing Civ4 in Vista is so slow, grindingly slow...I have no real desire to experience that again ;o)

Fth2 0.34h

Damage to HN unit (privateer) caused by maelstrom spell triggers war. Maybe a non-HN unit was on board, but I found this solved in "changelog for v.0.32, point 10".

FfH2 0.34h

Icon stating the AI's state religion is CoE is visible in the "nagotiation screen" (the main one, with an image of the leader).

@Lgaard:

Now that there's a new version, the team won't be patching old versions any more, if past practice is any guide.

Top Bottom