FfH2 0.34 Bug Thread

Games crashes in 100 turn.:cool: I don`t know why. I reloaded many times with the same result.

This is the increasing difficulty bug (basically it increases past diety level and since there is no level past diety the game crashes). It will be fixed in patch "a" which will come out later today.

@ Ambreville: Firing up FF and disabling those options ingame might work as well if i don't err and you are lucky. :)
The more acessible way for us noncoders... ;)

Yup -- thanks.

I did eventually find that ini file. I was looking in the program directory... sigh. :crazyeye:

for Vista users: download from fileshak needs to get .exe added to it. ;) (thanks Nor'easter)

are blizzards supposed to cancel work on illian city tiles?

Don't download from Fileshak! The file is broken and can't be opened.

now I download it again from filefront, even though it takes longer.

hopefully this one works..

(I suppose they forgot to add the .exe to the file on fileshak...)

Actually, if you're running Vista, as I am, the file will download but not as an "exe" file. You'll have to manually add the .exe add the end of the filename so you can run it.

First a Python exception when exploring the Pyre of the Seraphic:

I also got a thane of kilmorph from a dungeon before Runes of Kilmorph was researched. I could found the religion without researching the tech, which feels weird.

Playing on an Earth2 mapscript, flexible difficulty. This error pops up at turn 120 exactly. Without the python exceptions turned on, it crashes to desktop.

Attachments

• ffh034pythonerror1.jpg
    ffh034pythonerror1.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 114
  • AutoSave_AD-0116.CivBeyondSwordSave
    164 KB · Views: 60
CTD at turn 100 epic speed.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0099.CivBeyondSwordSave
    295.1 KB · Views: 102
First a Python exception when exploring the Pyre of the Seraphic:

I also got a thane of kilmorph from a dungeon before Runes of Kilmorph was researched. I could found the religion without researching the tech, which feels weird.

Thanks, it will be fixed in patch "a".

Playing on an Earth2 mapscript, flexible difficulty. This error pops up at turn 120 exactly. Without the python exceptions turned on, it crashes to desktop.

CTD at turn 100 epic speed.

Those are both the difficulty adjustment bugs. They will be fixed in patch "a".

Difficulty arch-deity aka "The One".
The AI autowins each turn per ctd by default. :lol:

Beat this one. :D

PS: whould it also happen in settler-offspring (Player wins per ctd by default because difficulty cant go lower?) if you suck bad enough?

Actually, if you're running Vista, as I am, the file will download but not as an "exe" file. You'll have to manually add the .exe add the end of the filename so you can run it.

oh, :eek: thank you for the info :) now I feel like I really don't have any clue :lol: well, next time ;)

two small issues... I couldnt get rid of a bear den!! had to delete in World builder in the end.

Also playing as Kurios, when I research a tech that offers me new options for government etc, if I change there and then I do not get any anarchy, but if I change later by going into the menu then I dosuffer the anarchy.. make sense?

I can't produce rituals at all as illians... have researched all the right techs, thought maybe it had to do with the armageddon counter, but sounds like that is not involved. Ill try patch a and start again to see if it will fix it.

two small issues... I couldnt get rid of a bear den!! had to delete in World builder in the end.

Also playing as Kurios, when I research a tech that offers me new options for government etc, if I change there and then I do not get any anarchy, but if I change later by going into the menu then I dosuffer the anarchy.. make sense?

And haven't you been in Golden age when you did research the incriminated tech? In GA, there is no stability hit for changing civic.

The AI really can't handle the early barbarians. I played epic and emperor and half of them were either killed or unable to expand.

And haven't you been in Golden age when you did research the incriminated tech? In GA, there is no stability hit for changing civic.

gees! I must seem a dum ass! :lol: in all the years I never realised this!

any way.. just found big red circles appearing in some cites...

Attachments

• rec cirlces.JPG
    rec cirlces.JPG
    286.4 KB · Views: 256
Confirming the gargoyle issue (from guardians of pristin pass).
Game over on turn 30 (see attached).

And look how far away the Guardian is! 23 tiles, and it started much closer to other civs.
So, a nearby civ triggered the gargoyles in the first few turns, and then they beelined straight for my city.

How lame is that?

Attachments

• gargoyles.CivBeyondSwordSave
    84.8 KB · Views: 73

I can pillage them just fine.

edit: i bet this is because the unit you are trying to pillage with doesn't have the ability. Hmm, its probably worth allowing more sorts of units to be able to pillage.

Not sure if its a bug or an insanely cool feature but I explored a goblin fort at turn 150 on an epic game and found a Zealot unit. At that time FOL was the only religon founded anywhere (and not by me)

The zealot was then able to spread OO to one of my cities before OO was even discovered. Of course, it then allowed me to switch to OO. But here is the best part: that city became the OO holy city!

Very awesome luck for me, but Im not sure this is intended....

Top Bottom