1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 0.34 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Kael

Kael Deity

Yeap, thats intended.

2. Demus

Demus King

like the recon line ;). I noticed this aswell, quite silly to go bear hunting with your hunter, without being able to get rid of the dens.

3. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

What would happen when the OO founding tech is discovered?

I'm thinking such a circumstance would give the first to get it a chance to choose a religion. This would case the same issue when that religion's tech was founded. When the game tries to found the 8th religion, then the game would CtD.

4. Ahriman

Ahriman Tyrant

Crash bug causes game freeze (just after discovering the goblin fort? Or coincidence.)

Python traceback:
    File "CvScreensInterface", line 726 in forceScreenRedraw"
    File "CvMainInterface", line 917, in redraw
    File "CvMainInterfacec", line 3274 in updateScoreString
    Attribute error 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getdescription'

Save attached (end the turn, it seems to be reproducible).

Attached Files:

5. Kael

Kael Deity

You probably had increasing difficulty or flexible difficulty options set.

6. Kael

Kael Deity

Thats a good question. I see that firaxis doesnt check to see if the religion is already founded before handing it out (a safe bet in normal civ since its the only way to get a religion). I'll fix it.

7. Ahriman

Ahriman Tyrant

Yes, I had flexible difficulty on (and also the one that drops the bottom player every 50 turns, which seems to work fine).
    Maybe this error message isn't fatal if I had python messages off, but with error messages on it freezes the game (you can't make the error dialogue box go away) so it is a gamekiller.

8. sputnik323

sputnik323 Magelord

If anyone else has problems with rituals not showing up playing as illians... do the change that kael suggested to fix some other problems...

GameOptions = 0000001000000000000000010010000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
    it fixed it for me.

9. Brokenbone

Brokenbone Prince

Also experiencing the "no rituals showing up for Illians", I am not quite sure where the above suggested fix (hotfix?) goes. An ini file of some sort maybe?

(EDIT: Nevermind, didn't catch that it's for CivilizationIV.ini, found simply in my Beyond the Sword folder, as opposed to a module folder. Hmf.)

10. Vorpal+5

Vorpal+5 Venturing in Erebus

question about the increasing difficulty level, can games started with that be continued in the future soon to be released patch 'a' ?

11. Kael

Kael Deity

So far nothing in patch "a" breaks save games. That will probably stay the same (the patch will be released in 2-3 hours and we dont usually break save games).

12. Psycho_Ivan

Psycho_Ivan Warlord

My cities aren't showing up as visible, save my palace.

Playing as the Malakim in a scenario map I had downloaded. They'd shown up in .33, too.

13. Kael

Kael Deity

Thats a problem with the scenario. They are using an art define that doesnt exist anymore.

14. Atnanor

Atnanor +2 Beer Affinity

I'm not sure if this has been said but when ever I play I have this strange problem with the technologies. To start researching them I have to choose it from the science adviser screen, further more, when its finished, it doesn't tell me, so I've gone like 30 turns without researching anything.

15. TheJopa

TheJopa Šumar

Problem with skeletons - they can now learn promotions.

16. dot

dot crossing the i's

That was intended, iirc.

But you could come to #erebus and ask him! :p ;)

17. MagisterCultuum

If the Illians buy their Temple of the Hand UB in Advanced Start they don't get the benefit of turning the surrounding lands into Ice(Snow) like they do when they actually build it.

18. Kael

Kael Deity

You mean advanced start?

I assume so. I still need to fix the issue you mentioned about free units form buying techs on advanced starts too.

19. Zechnophobe

Zechnophobe Strategy Lich

Leturn Frigus spawned on a desert hill. I thought it only spawned on ice or tundra?

20. MagisterCultuum

Is Flexible difficulty supposed to make you keep going up difficulty levels if you stay in the top 3rd? I had assumed that it was only supposed to move you up or down 1 level, but I've gone from Noble to Emperor.

I thought I'd read that Snowfall wasn't suppose to do cold damage to units with Winterborn, but it does. It is also odd that you can cast for terraforming purposes it in rival territory without declaring war so long as no rival units are close enough to be damaged.