1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by KillerClowns, Dec 16, 2008.

1. DemonMaster

DemonMaster A.K.A. Fenhorn

The scenario thing, it works if I start my "FFH session" doing that and then select a scenario to play.

If I for example load a "Normal FFH" save and then go back to the main menu and do the Play Scenario thing it Ctd.

It also (usually) Ctd if I start my "FFH session" by Play Scenario and started up a scenario and played for a while and then go back to the main menu and do Play Scenario again.

So I guess this is basically not a fix in that sentence, but a short in the menu that basically does the same thing that your "old fix" did or?

Thanks anyway for trying though (it is Christmas after all).

Happy Midvinterblót:goodjob:

2. Kael

Kael Deity

The problem is that old game stuff remains and messes up the new load. I have no idea why playing 1 turn helped so many people (i was never able to get a ctd after playing 1 turn, but obviously some were).

The new way just forces the load of a tiny blank environment so there won't be any game specific info to get in the way of the new load. If you played another game in that session first, as in your examples, you could still run into problems.

Im not 100% happy with the solution. But I think its a lot better than the old version. Plus its nice to have an entry for the scenarios in the "Play a Scenario" menu.

3. DemonMaster

Yeah I its better this way. I use to have a "duel thing" save on my desktop that I ran instead of the usual FFH desktop short if I wanted to play a scenario, but I had to renew that every time a patch "break savegame".

I haven't played anything yet (just tested), but the small icon in the upper right corner, it is still there, I mean if it is perhaps some info that you are not supposed to load scenario this way or something. I can see alot of posts that will say "Scenarios still don't work", but people still press that button without doing the Play Scenario first.

4. MiKa523

MiKa523 Nerdish by Nature

At least from my experience you only get a ctd after playing one turn, when you finished (maybe also quitted) another scenario before and didn't restart the game and reload the savegame.
    Maybe you never tried this!?

5. bridgeburner18

bridgeburner18 Chieftain

sorry im new to FFH2 but are you supposed to not be able to build work boats halfway through the game?
    I have the tech for it, built a bunch for my offshore resources but midway some pirates took em out and now i cant rebuild them.
    Im bannor civ if that makes in difference.

p.s. great mod btw it stole me from wow for awhile. :)

6. Iainuki

Iainuki Warlord

The number of priests from the White Hand should scale by map size.

7. MaxAstro

MaxAstro Spiral Knight

This has probably been reported before, but immunity to poison damage (i.e. the Jade Torc) doesn't protect you from the "poisoned" promotion. Seems like being immune to poison should, well, make you immune to poison. :)

8. Corlis

Corlis Warlord

Dude's posting patches on Christmas Day? :eek:

9. Methuselah

Methuselah King

Dedication? :p

He may not even celebrate Christmas.

10. MaxAstro

MaxAstro Spiral Knight

Oh, almost forgot. Something seems to be wrong with Magnadine's Hire ability, at least as of Patch F. Hired units often pop up in a different city than the one you hire them in.

That said, I absolutely love the ability. :)

11. DemonMaster

Unless I am way out of the blue here I thought no T1 "priest" unit got "free" xp. In my laterst game (standard, no scenario) I built to many of those disciples (yeah, I played Ljosalfar, so sue me for being boring) so I put the rest of them on hold until I needed them and all of a sudden some turns later one of them got activated (because he has earned enough xp to gain a level), and a couple of turns later, the other one got activated himself for the same reason.

Are Disciples of the Forest (or whatever the T1 "priest" units are called) suppose to get "free" xp over time as their "upgrades" do? Was that changed with 0.40?

12. xalien

xalien Prince

All priests and druids get free xp just like arcane units, it's always been like that.

13. Guale

Guale Warlord

I assume you are playing as Arendel. If so her spiritual promotion grants all disciple units (even T1's) the potency promotion which increases the rate at which they gain exp.

14. Mesix

Mesix One of Porg

Christmas is not a holiday on Eribus.

@ Kael: Thanks for working on a fix for the CTD on scenario load and the annoying popups in the Grand Menagerie scenario.

15. DemonMaster

Arcane Units (all "ranks"), "Clerics" (Priests and above), yes. Disciples and other "1st rank Clerics" have never got free xp before, hence my question did that change with 0.40?

16. tiberion02

tiberion02 Chieftain

Getting no feedback text on capturing animals in Grand Menagerie at all, even with Sid/Advisor tips turned on.

17. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

They do if they have the potency promotion.

18. DemonMaster

Yeah, I can see that, but my question still stands, since what version was that handed out to first ranked units? I have played alot of FFH and sure I got tired of it with 0.34 I can admit that, but I do have played all other versions since 0.24 alot and have not experience this before so thats way I asked, for awhile there I thought it could be a left over from some scenario thing.

Another question then (since it is not mentioned in the manual as I can see) is this Potency promotion handed out to all 1st ranked priests automatically or is it a requirement for it?

Edit: I did some search in the manual and it was listed in the leader trait Spiritual, so thats why I didn't found it (I looked under disciple). Sorry for taking up space here then. I have actually never played Spiritual leaders for a couple of versions, so thats why I missed that change. I must say that was an improvement for Spiritual.

19. odalrick

odalrick Emperor

Are you in Crusade? That stops most economic building.

20. xalien

xalien Prince

Spiritual trait gives potency to disciple units (just like arcane for arcane units) that INCREASES the speed of xp gain, it's not the requirement for that. Priests will still get xp without it, just a bit slower. Potency is a relatively new addition, but passive xp for priests has been there for as long as I've been playing it, which is quite a while.