FfH2 Bug Thread

I'm running on the h version of FFH2, and I've noticed that when I cast haste on my settlers, they do not receive the hasted promotion. Is this intentional?

Great game, btw. I've been playing it since .2

It is a known issue that if you cast Snowfall, THEN build a Temple, you get terrain reversion. But your wording sounds like you had built the temple THEN cast snowfall, did that also cause terrain to revert, or was the wording just a bit flipped?

The wording was just a bit flipped.

I had cast snowfall then built the temple.

there is something wrong with cannibalize or with yersinia.
I sent him loads of fireballs, thought it didn't scratch him, well ok
then I sent him hordes (something over 8 : playing the amurites, every druid govannon has instructed can soon summon elementals).
1 did hurt him, and I thought OK time to die yersinia. then after the next fire elemental, he was full strength again :cry:.
fire elementals aren't alive, he shouldn't be able to feed on them.

Can't haste settlers or workers...has never been possible...guess they're quick enough!! :)

I'm running on the h version of FFH2, and I've noticed that when I cast haste on my settlers, they do not receive the hasted promotion. Is this intentional?

Great game, btw. I've been playing it since .2

Should Privateers be able to pillage fishing boats that have my Man O' War sitting on top of them without causing war? This is happening.

You've built the Council of Esus holy shrine, making your boats invisible, yes? Very common mistake. (If you can't remember, hit f7 to check where CoE was founded).

Just a thought: What if sam hain converted (some) Barrows into like, 'tundral dens' that produced random frostlings?

Floating Eyes are not actually able to see any invisible type of units, also an issue with a Marksman not seeing Stealth properly, maybe a bug with all see invis? (Thunder_Gr - Post 361)
I can confirm that floating eyes dont see spiders.

Some issues with lairs/dungeons/ruins/barrows/goblin forts:

1. Occasionally when I choose the "fortune favors the bold" option nothing happens. Often I will get something good or bad, but sometimes nothing. Only the lair is destroyed without it saying that.

2. Mutation. I ate a bad apple and got mutated. OK, but the only thing that happened was I got that turquoise mutation icon - nothing else. Sometimes you get good mutation, sometimes bad, sometimes a mix, but this was the first time I got mutated nothing.

3. I'm really not seeing much of a difference between WHAT you explore. For example, I am getting Adventurers, GPs, and religious disciples from unguarded barrows and ruins. OTOH, nothing is more blah that getting "The Lair has been Destroyed" from Bradeline's Well. Same with having to kill a group of Scorpion goblins with their poison and then get pretty much the same as from a common barrow.

I thought there were to be some differences on WHAT you were exploring? Still in the works?

Empty treasure chests also fall somewhat into this category although I don't seem to get too many of those.

4. On land maps, shipwrecks are usually placed in one-tile water squares. How could a ship get wrecked there? ;) Aside from the fact you need a captured Griffon or a unit with water-walking, they don't make much sense. Maybe change to a lair, etc. instead of having one-tile shipwrecks?:confused:

3. I'm really not seeing much of a difference between WHAT you explore. For example, I am getting Adventurers, GPs, and religious disciples from unguarded barrows and ruins. OTOH, nothing is more blah that getting "The Lair has been Destroyed" from Bradeline's Well. Same with having to kill a group of Scorpion goblins with their poison and then get pretty much the same as from a common barrow.

I thought there were to be some differences on WHAT you were exploring? Still in the works?

I mentioned this somewhere before and made some suggestions, but it pretty much got ignored. I was told that the epic dungeons could/should offer epic events, but other than that nothing...

Patch "i" is linked in the first post. It will break save games and makes the following changes:

1. Acheron will lose his held promotion when captured.
2. Fixed an issue that caused unit Magnadine hired to pop up in random cities.
3. The Black Tower- If you have Barnaxus it will apply it's bonus to your golems as if you were a Luchuirp player.
4. The Radiant Guard- Playing on lower difficulties will start you with bonus units.
5. Cannibalize will only heal the unit when it kills living enemies.
6. Maelstrom max damage reduced from 50% to 30%.
7. Enraged units will no longer turn barbarian, instead they become AI controlled and are very aggressive.

When I try to load a scenario, the game crashes. This is in patch 'h', I'll see if 'i' fixes it.

7. Enraged units will no longer turn barbarian, instead they become AI controlled and are very aggressive.

Explain. How does this work exactly? Whom do they attack? Your units? Enemies? Can this cause war, diplomatic problems, etc? Can Loyalty still counter it?

I have crash to desktop issue since patch "i" and python popups is enabled but I dont get any message from civ4. The crash occur when I select 2 or more units with the shift key.

I can confirm that floating eyes dont see spiders.

FfH hasn't set any units to see both types of Invis, Eyes can only see Invis_Land, which is what Shadows use. Giant Spiders use Invis_Animal, so an Eye cannot see them (nor can a Hawk). Need confirmation (or time to test) that Eyes are failing to see Shadows and their ilk.

EDIT: BTW, love the concept behind Enraged :) Was going to say so in the Modders guide, but there wasn't any source to keep me around ;) :ninja: Question occurs though: Is the auto-control set immediately when you gain enraged, or at the start of the turn? Would be important for someone enraged by Mutation effects, but mostly is important what order the automation is set in, before or after the chance to gain/lose the promotion randomly if you have Crazed.

Also, is it still lost after combat? Though that one I'll answer for myself shortly when I do a testrun ;)

I have a problem with patch i : as soon as I try to group two units, the game crashes to the desktop. It was working fine with h.

JUst back after a several month hiatus, downloaded 0.4 and patch i, and am getting a weird bug. Any time I press the Ctrl or Shift keys, or press Remove Hidden Nationality, the game is crashing.. any ideas?

Patch F:

Hemah can't cast any spells. That is as indepth i can go about this bug. The spells doesn't even show up.

Top Bottom