FfH2 Roleplaying Games [Thread III]

thus-far there are no "Stack of Doom" restrictions, although im sure we could try something like that for a game. Although that could un-intentionally strengthen strategies which are already a valid choice.

In any event, lessening the "Stack of Doom" effect could be met in several ways ... namely larger maps, a greater prevalence/usage of AOE spells, etcetera.

thus-far there are no "Stack of Doom" restrictions, although im sure we could try something like that for a game. Although that could un-intentionally strengthen strategies which are already a valid choice.

In any event, lessening the "Stack of Doom" effect could be met in several ways ... namely larger maps, a greater prevalence/usage of AOE spells, etcetera.

were are you guys playing now? i dont see you on hamachi

As I saw the traffic at Saturesday's games had gone dramatically down, and the spirit was low, I was not showing up for roughly 2 weeks. That may change if we agree we will have a game at the given date, given time.

well i got a new pc and im unable to log in into hamachi it says its to full :S

Mimic or Gyther need to stop by and kick a few inactives off to make room for another.

Also keep in mind that the FFHRPII and FFHFFA networks are also commonly frequented (by those that are "at keyboard".

and @ McWill, quoting FFG "there is no such thing as a Stack of Doom" ... however Metagaming is considered bad form.

Alright, I kicked everyone who wasn't online off, so that's made some room, just rejoin if you want to play.

ok ... cause my old hamachi-log-on was being used by a Computer I no longer am Using.

Just doing some blatant advertisement in your fine thread. I'm planning Mega Story II and it would be nice if some of you decided to join. The prethread is where the talking is taking place as me and LemonJelly are still planning things out, but I hope some of you decide to join.

Hello. Im interested in an rp game. I may have a friend I can bring in too :)
So, c'mon guys, Saturday, Feb 6th at 17:00 GMT is the time, Hamachi FFHRP is the place. Those who are not going to show up are requested to prepare a really solid excuse.

Ok, I gots it sorted. 5pm Saturday night GMT equals 6am Sunday Morning for me. I'll be there. Got up at 6am this morning, up at 6am tomorrow morning for Farmers Market, up 6am Sunday for FFH and then up 6am Monday for work. Sounds good :p

Where is the information on how to join on Hamachi?

That was an awesome game guys. Need to speed it up a bit however, 200 odd turns took us 8 hours. Oh, and don't let the Calabim feast for ages. GoN + Vamps = Uber SoD.

My computers broke so I'm gonna be gone for a while, I'll have to make a new hamachi channel when I'm back I guess because I wont be able to login into the old one now. Unless someone else wants to make a new one, I would update this thread or you could make a new thread also.

I wouldn't necessarily blame the unfolding events upon GON + vampires ... having my second city contain 3 gems and Patria, however, was a greater overall advantage.

Also, proper use of Fire Elementals as Defensive units stalling for time as more Ogres are created would of probably led to a more potracted war ... even a stalemate. Also, if others had joined in the fight, it would have certainly bought the Orcs some time and might have even resulted in Significant Vampire Casualties. Especially considering the combination of Rathas and Chalid employed by the Malakim.

In fact, when the Malakim made their peace official and concrete, I was quite relieved. Either way, I think the most telling factor of the game was that it lasted for 8 hours without much conflict. Orcish Colonial Expansion, Vampire Colonial Expansion, as well as a relative tech-accumulation race between the two nations .... however there was no comparing the 40 warriors and 12 axemen of the Orcs vs the 30 Vampires (all level 5 or higher) and 15 Arcane Barges of the Calabim. It would have most likely been more fair for me to give the Orcs a longer amount of time to prepare for war, as opposed to roughly half a turn. However the Orcs well knew of our Broiling rivalry. The Orcs did however have one key card to play in defense vs Spectre Hoards. They had 5 highly promoted Sons of Inferno, with the ability to summon powerful Fire Elementals through the accumulation of Fire Mana. My Island Colonialism allowed me to capture a total of 7 death nodes, however Fire Elementals are immune to death damage. Against the Living units however, there was a significant Strategic Advantage.

The Malakim were nowhere near as scary as everybody thought they were. I was always behind in the tech race, due to lack of Floodplains meaning rather little commerce. I had just gotten Blasting Powder however, so things could have gotten interesting if we'd carried on. Still, after 8 hours we were all tired.

Just for Tasunkes sake, Before the Amurites got crushed by the Orcs we had an alliance against you, and were actually about to invade when suddenly our mutual military force had to stall the Orcs. Pity my military was in no position to kill any greenskins. Don't think I even killed an Orc that whole game...

wait, so the Amurites and Malakim had an alliance against the Calabim?

and to think the Amurites asked for my help ... xD (although I was going to give such help had he survived long enough for me to build a forward army)

Did your alliance have anything to do with my early aquisition of Gems/Patria and Copper? Those ended up being my only 3 cities by the way ... Coastal Capital, Coastal Copper city, and inland Gems/Patria city. The rest of my cities were pathetic colonies in the southern Archipelago for the Aquisition of Death Mana as well as a cultural blanket to notify me of any incoming Naval Invasions. All of those were built in the late game. I was going to try and culture boom each colony with the Lyre, with the intent of Creating a Massive Wooden Wall (Naval protection) ... made all the more deadly due to being invisible within the Nox Noctis.

If FFG had survived, and he had gone OO, I knew he was going to try and capture those southern Islands which were so vital to my strategic Advantage, which is why I so direly needed those Arcane Barges. With FFG out of the picture I was more peacably able to continue to perfect my capital/super city along the coast, which would normally be extremely vulnerable to Tsunami. And that super city was able to build one arcane barge per turn in the interim years right before the final Orcish Destruction War.

Also, if you just got blasting powder how is that being behind in the Tech race? Its not like I was 25 turns away from Vampire Lords or anything ... :p

Behind cause everybody had a good half dozen techs over me, including a bunch of high-end social techs such as Taxation and Guilds, where I was more Religious/Construction (just for Blasting Powder)

Top Bottom