1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 Roleplaying Games [Thread III]

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by mimic, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Earthling

Earthling Deity

Oh no, didn't want to seem unfriendly or anything - sorry I didn't catch that last weekend! Certainly no harsh feelings (have you played in a game against Tas... ;) Tas is ok too though in my book) During the game I was probably pretty frantic but that's just you know with like with pure warrior spam at the start moving around everywhere and barbarians and by the time the horsemen hit, all of us mortals were panicking. But you were great, always interesting to see elves at war like that, looking forward to the next one and maybe meeting on different grounds.

Anyway I know it's probably wee morning hours for some now...well for me Tomorrow is still Saturday but I think I might be around the standard 5-6 GMT and should have time for a reasonable game As usual I could take any civ, maybe for Goods Cardith or Ethne or for Evils the Orcs or Illians. But I also would be interested in a return of my Grigori gameplan - anyway just a :bump: and hope everyone has a good weekend otherwise.

Edit: For the benefit of anyone showing up late/looking for a game today. We've got a solid game with a bunch of people starting, join Hamachi channel "17april" and pass is "ffh" and later there may be more civs/slots open.

2. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

Since this is an old post... the game has started already right?

3. Earthling

Earthling Deity

Yeah, we were probably going strong/getting close to wrapping up at the time you posted that yesterday, as far as I can tell. Sorry :( Anyway I'd like to thank everyone for a good game, I had fun being the Heterodyne (Grigori) civ for another run. A couple of folks had some harsh wars; I saw action against some Octopus cultists and then the demons myself but I enjoyed it just fine. We had a fair number of newcomers I think and I'd try to do my best welcoming anyone now and in the future too but every week someone's usually around for great games! I'll see about next week for me.

4. Lgaard

Lgaard King

Glad to hear there are newcomers interested in joining in. I hope they have enjoyed, so they will stay for longer.
    I will probably miss the incoming weekend game, but I will have muuuch time in two weeks from now. See you then!

5. coelocanth

coelocanth Chieftain

6. Grakelin

Grakelin Chieftain

I got to be Perpentach being Elves for like five turns.

7. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

Heh, I might be able to play a few games in another month, and then another month be absent ... after that I think I can play during the summer.

8. ornom0n

ornom0n Chieftain

Are we going to play a game this weekend? If we are what time should i show up on hamachi?

9. Azhral

Azhral Let's get Tactical!

Hopefully I'll show up, but that depends on how much drinking I do tonight (current plans are none at all, but who knows). Will see if I can get in early so I don't have to wait for Hyborem or Bazza again.

Time on Hamachi is around 5pm GMT, which is 6am for me :p

10. Earthling

Earthling Deity

Had a rather busy week and such annoying exams and papers :p but I'm looking forward to a fun game if folks will be around, sure. Anytime 4 GMT on is typically good for me; I think 5 is a good starting time according to general precedent. I'll take any from a large block of civs that fits with the settings/what people want; dwarves, Kurios, Elohim, Illians, Orcs, etc...

Edit: So just to be clear I'd be ready to do the hosting myself with the newest ErebusContinent (2.64) or any map/settings really that are popular, by 5:00 GMT or earlier or later if a time is agreed upon. Though sorry for those who'd be late; if we are to set a later time and that's ok then folks should post! But without a specific reason I'll set that time and we can try to get started, nothing wears on you like 2 hours in lobbies through no one person's fault but general chaos.

11. ornom0n

ornom0n Chieftain

I can make it any time you need. Got nothing else to do today anyway. But i'd like to join the hamachi network in advance, but both FFHRP and FFHRPII are full so can anyone clear a slot for me?

12. coelocanth

coelocanth Chieftain

I've created a network for today's game
    FFH2404
    password: erebus

13. Earthling

Earthling Deity

Saw you guys were around quite early; you know if you ever have enough players in like European time zones you could just have your own game; multiple games has been perfectly ok in the past. Glad to see everyone.

Anyway, a game is currently hosted, I know it's a little early but there as always may be civs to take over later, and we have a pretty full house. Should be fun.

14. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

my Hamachi is seriously messed up. Well ... hopefully I can join the fray at some point.

15. Earthling

Earthling Deity

you can join now, Deon left, and we're still hosting due to crashes several times on map generation. Get to the channel!

16. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

by at some point, I meant a matter of weeks (cries)

17. Earthling

Earthling Deity

It's ok. Exams coming up too for probably everyone. With the four/three of us left we had an interesting game today. I eventually won culture as the Kurios; their economy really is ridiculous. But Eurabatres is a stinking paperweight too; I forgot he didn't even had flying so I couldn't send him out to hunt sea serpents and wasn't going to attack the Illians (who were relishing finally finishing off AI Amurites). Everyone was all right but the game was a little small/fast cause we lost people early on with failed hosting attempts :sad:

18. Onionsoilder

Onionsoilder Reaver

Ugh. I wanted to play a game today, but there were sooooooooooooooooo many technical issues I just game up in the end... along with half the people in Hamachi. Kept having router issues and disconnects and all sorts of crap happening(and no, I'm not just talking about Deon, though that was a sizable part of it). If this keeps up we might need to find another way to run these games...

19. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

Ya know, it'll be alot easier to play Elemental Games ... Elemental and their Modmods, due to the way MP games will be hosted (as I have been told) will have virtually no OOS issues, which is nice.

Personally I am surprised that you allowed Cultural Victory, but heck, guess you deserved it. Dragons are weak because they have no area attack. Summonable minions are only feasable in large numbers, which makes the "Meteor" dragons summon quite weak in comparison to an AOE spell attack. Actually, Permanent Stoneskin would make the dragons (as physically weak as they are) a little bit easier to deal with. Almost all modmods increase the strength of Dragons in some way. So yea, paperweight :(

In any case, I had wanted to play as the Orks today ... all this Dawn of War nonsensery led me wishing to lead a Waaagh.

20. ryansee

ryansee Warlord

guess whos back ,,,, back again...