FfH2 Roleplaying Games [Thread III]

see ... its more like, you have to play with the exact same version. Its hard to say which version gives *more* OOS, although fall further used to be notorious for OOS with things like the Scions and Jotnar.

However, usually we play base FFH patch m, and if your base has any modmods or anything extra, there will be OOS.

yeah, thats what i meant. i prefer the base FfH2, but i have Orbis, RifE and Wildmana installed (i like to mix it up!). i just wanted to make sure that they wouldn't cause problems if im playing multiplayer FfH2

None of my Wizards had Mind 2, except for one that I promoted to it, managed to cast it once and then got mauled by a shadow that same turn. I was trying to build more adepts, but quite simply they would have done jack, so all production was switched to Stygians, Cultists and Firebows. But without Iron and with no water anywhere I was gonna lose. You probably would never have been able to actually kill me, since I had coastal cities and Tsunami would ruin your stack quick smart, but you wouldn't go anywhere near those cities without taking the one you were outside and my Capital first, completely ruining me. Capital had EVERYTHING and the city you were sieging was the main military production city.

As for the whole ModMod issue, I have 2 'base' FFH installs. One is just a straight normal install I use for MP, one has extra maps and a few XML changes called SP, and each ModMod has its own install of FFH to run on. Sure it uses alot of disk space, but I have plenty so its no issue.

Hamachi is a peer-peer VPN software with built in chat.
It's not strictly needed, but gets around router configuration issues.
Plus you'd need to install IRC for chat otherwise

Saturday game looks like it's getting going today...also some discussion about a more regular time to start in the future I guess but just thought I'd remind everyone. I'll try to share any fun stories that result from my perspective on this one!

Edit: Well game has gotten started but there may be AI/summoned civs to fill in if someone is a little late.

Well I'll be around today once more, long enough for a game I think. One of the channels seems full right now so maybe there's already some folks there - I'm ready to be in should that be the case. Lots of civs I'd play today, laid back and reasonable/not too aggressive and whatever other game options everyone else wants so anyway hope it'd be fun.

I can play a short game today. I have to leave at 5 PM EST for another, non FFH I promised I would be in.

Good day all fellow crazed FFHRP lunatics.

Recently I have been playing a few crazy SP games. Horribly high difficulty and game speed on Marathon, absolutely loving it. Combine that with reading through all of the old game logs and reminising on the awesome games we've had, I've had an idea.

The Game.
The Ultimate Game.
To end all games.

Its Easter Weekend. Barring a little family related stuff I'm doing nothing. So, how about a game? A horribly massive horribly long game? Quick speed (not Marathon in Multi, thats just crazy) with as many players as possible going from Friday Evening GMT to Sunday or Monday. Have just upgraded my machine last week it now has unparralelled reliability with a massive power supply and heaps of cooling. So I'm gonna host a game, anybody who wants to come can come, and we will have a total of 12 players (if we can't fill with humans I'll use AI so people can join in as an AI later, and thats another 2 options for the summoned civs).

Game options are up for debate but I'm thinking

Earth2
Large Map size
Pangaea
Balanced Resources
All Unique Resources

And thats it.

I think I'll be a bit too busy with family stuff to be able to spare most of the weekend. But I'll definitely try again the weekend after. :)

Hmm, I might be interested, but I'm not sure if my old laptop can handle it. It went down after playing 8 hours in a row, so I think there should be some breaks and you must sleep too. But I like big games and don't have much to do in the weekend. :D

Well, I'm gonna bloody well try anyways!

Last night after fiddling with some mapscripts, I figured out Earth2 and Tectonics Pangaea are not so good. So I shall keep investigating, but I do have the MountainCoast mapscript so I might give that a shot.

I'll post details in here on the day regarding Hamachi and that. Looking like I'll be creating my own network so people that aren't already on the other networks can join in.

Heh ... my hamachi is currently busted, so we will see if it still works or not xD

in any event, the new Erebus Continent (2.56?) is a really good map.

We will see ^_^

I can't make it for an Easter game. I don't have access to my desktop, and my laptop can't play FFH. Maybe next week.

Looking at starting in around 9 hours. Wanna get some sleep before then (maybe). No idea what that is in GMT times, unfortunately.

GMT 8-9 I could actually be around today. But don't worry about starting without me - I couldn't be in for a whole game today, and it sounds like the plan is to have one really large game running a long time people could drop in or out of. So I'll try to show up and I'd be happy to take a filler civ or whatever is acceptable, no need to wait for me.

Alrighty then. I am awake (kinda) and ready. New Hamachi network if needed

network: FFHRP Easter Bash
password: erebus

Top Bottom