Filefront is closing

How did you get that? I've 1 GB total, and 0.5GB per file.

Look at the NEW Atomic Gamer upload #'s.;)

No single file can be larger than 2 GB.
Space Total
5120 MB

This is probably because of TF.:p

I have some space on the old CDGroup.org server I don't use. I still pay for it, it has about 19 gigs left, and no one really uses any of the bandwidth since I brought it down ;). If anyone has questions or whatever let me know.

I can't accommodate everyone, but at least I can help some people. I am not using the space, and CDG started out hosting mods, might as well be where it ends up. :D

Why not? A free file-hosting service with no wait times? Most other hosting services charge or have low limits.

And most also have wait times, which SUCK!!!

Yes, I have to agree and why I have decided to start hosting Mod files on my own site server. Nice fast pipeline running on a fairly fast server, leading me to the mentioning of us adding a brand new server this summer with 4-8 tb available, quad core 3 gig CPU, 4 gig of ram with RAID backup never worry about files being lost.

No worries about your file service shutting down, unless I die, GFV is going to be online forever.

Game Fanatics Vault name was inspired by Thunderfall site to be honest. We will provide you with FTP access for faster uploading of those large Mods, support forum, redirect to another support forum if you like.

We will create a category for mods in the downloads, images in our gallery, built in requests manager, for users to easily make requests on any file. Keeping all your files organized in one place.

About GFV: Fast free no hassle downloads, for game patches, mods, demos, beta clients, any unique game content available, the staff writes reviews, previews, find good videos, trailers, screen shots, images, content etc.

Note:The site is under major construction moving 500 download files from old site to the new one. Ignore the member count we have over 1500 members, the messages and members we had problems importing. Still trying to fix this problems, msgs posted by no one is spooky & unacceptable. Bare with the looks currently, wanted to be sure to explain about the looks.

Thanks Thunderfall, I see you re-posted my PM to you in this thread :lol: I noticed AFTER I posted this reply. :mischief:

My site is here to help Mod designers and provide a place for gamers to find what they need with the least amount of hassle possible. We don't want to be the biggest website out there, we simply want to provide the best services for all the talented Mod Desigers in the world! CFC & Apolton can have the large website, creation forums, I will stick with what I do. :)

Hope to hear from some of you! All of you designers keep on with the fantastic Mod work, I have not been able to play Civ 4 for 2yrs now due to switching to Vista owning the very first copy of Civ 4. :lol: I was given the Gold Edition for my birthday, I immediately went out bought BtS 3 days later. I'm utterly shocked the quality of the Mods out for Warlords and BtS, most of them could be sold outright as its own expansion to Civ 4. High five to everyone of you!! :D

Yeah, they were bought up by someone, Ziff Davis I believe owned them before. Filefront is a great place to host files. Slow speeds for me though, why I offer what I do.

Whatever it is, its an April Fools joke to me.

But looks like they do delete files after a while if no one download them. If you check the Excel sheet I posted before, some of the links are broken. I doubt it's the uploader who deleted those files.

But looks like they do delete files after a while if no one download them. If you check the Excel sheet I posted before, some of the links are broken. I doubt it's the uploader who deleted those files.

This is true, but all you have to do is like i did, and contact them and make sure they e-mail you that one or ANY of your files are being deleted, plus they let you know when you go online to them with a warning when you go to your page.

As for my stuff you can go ahead and delete them from the sheet, thx though, you always are thinking of the people on CFC!!:goodjob:

EDIT: As of 3 April i still get this from FileFront:

There are no available upload servers. Please wait while we resolve this issue.

Yes, I was going to say that. :D Does filefront or atomic gamer keep track of your downloads? If not My site does. :p

Ok now we can get back to business of modding.

As for my stuff you can go ahead and delete them from the sheet, thx though, you always are thinking of the people on CFC!!

He has to with the large lot of members he has. :lol:

Top Bottom