Final Earth Map

Originally posted by TROYXP
What causes Forbidden Palace not to build??? And is it 8 cities on standard,large and huge or the bigger the map more the cities?

The bigger the map, the more cities.

Lee

Originally posted by Akaoz

How do I use this to place civs correctly on the Marla World Map?

-Alech

Great question. I want to know too. :enlighten

Open it into your Civ III folder under Modpacs\common\tools\cpt.

Start your new game, save FIX, hit your windows key on your key board to get to start. Then under CivIII Modpacks, goto Marla's Map and hit Correct Start Positions.

This should send you back to the game with a small window that says Done, FIXED.

Least that's how I do it. Good luck!

(did that make sense?)

I didn't try it yet, but I think Marlas Map 1.18 isn't compatible with Firaxis 1.21 patch.

Since the start position tool of Marla had to get fixed also with 1.17f Firaxis patch.

:crazyeye:

Sure it does. In fact I just started a new game two days ago. The only thing that didn't work was the civ placement tool, which was fixed by downloading/installing Gramphos' CPT.

It's 1900 AD in my game and the load times are horrendous on a 900mhz with 768 RAM...They're 25-35 minutes between turns. Anyone else have this problem and/or know any fixes...or is it just because the map is so damn big?

I haven't had more then around 5 minutes on a 833mhz machine with less memory.

Do you have unit animations turned on?
That will kill you on this map.

This doesn't work with the latest official patch, when will we see a working version?

Find and download the latest version of Gramphos' CPT.
Place the newest version of CPT in the correct folder.

I started a World map game today, with 1.21, and had no problems getting correct starting positions.

Lkendter, I'm still having 20-30 minute load times. I have no idea why! What exactly do you have turned off and what year is your game in?

I have already FINISHED World Map games.

The China OSG monster Domination game went to 1954!

Options off:
Animate Manual moves
Animate Auto Moves
Animate Friend moves
Animate Enemy moves
These are the only ones that would make a difference.

Originally posted by LKendter
Find and download the latest version of Gramphos' CPT.
Place the newest version of CPT in the correct folder.

What is a CPT? :confused:

CPT = Civ Placement Tool.

It lets you start a game.
Save immediately.
Then it moves the civs to the locations that YOU want.
It puts civs on a world map in the correction locations.

Patch 1.21f broke the map, but CPT 1.05 fixed the prob (The prob was compressed save files -- BTW: WOW!!!! Save files are NICE & TINY now. I had 1.38 gigs of save files from my last game, this will be soooooo much more managable-- ) You can DL CPT 1.05 at the top of this Page (PAGE 14)

guys can one of u help me out here???

i got marla's installed and started playing it last night but NONE ABSOLUTELY ZERO of my fast units retreat.

This is only occuring in marla's map.

I have 1.21 patch installed
i have 1.18 of marla's map installed.

does anyone know why this is occuring.???

its not cuz im unlucky either..

I played one game through till modern ages with tanks and the such and i still had nothing retreating....

Is there something i can change in the editor for this???

grrr this is soooo annoying..

ive taken over all of europe asia hell most of the map pretty much.
But ive taken horrendous losses because nothing retreats!! :(

:((((
thanks for the help

Does anyone know of a way to port this map into the new bic format, or will it simply have to be rebuilt by hand?

Top Bottom