Final Earth Map

Plexus

It would be great if you post it in here. I will put it on top of the thread if it's possible to play with your version of the map even if we don't have PTW expansion pack. (Actually, I don't have it)

Favorius

I would love to see scenarios using this map ! I've tried to make some scenarios but I was a bit disappointed by the new abilities proposed in the 1.29f version of the map. If you know if PTW is better to create scenarios, I would be pleased to know more about it.

By the way, try to play a game with some civs in South America, Australia, Western Africa or Indonesia as starting locations. Make it impossible to found cities on hills... I've played a game this way, it was a lot of fun.

Oh ! Moreover ! This map celebrates its first anniversary on Civfanatics !! :bday:

Originally posted by Marla_Singer
By the way, try to play a game with some civs in South America, Australia, Western Africa or Indonesia as starting locations. Make it impossible to found cities on hills... I've played a game this way, it was a lot of fun.

Hi Marla,

Have you been following my LK World Map sucession games :D
Last games was Australia, Current game is Brazil and coming soon - Western Africa with Songhai.

The games did use your map as a starting point - I have tweeked the maps for less ice islands, resources for the civs, etc - but it is still mostly your map.

Lee

Well, here's the PTW version. Enjoy. With any luck, I'll have the vanilla version up soon.

Attachments

• ms world map 3x.zip
    86.8 KB · Views: 1,328
Every time I try to download the map, I get an unrecognized file (marla singer-'s world map 1.29f.zip.php) that is 80.1 KB big. What's php? Is this the correct file? If not, where else can I get it from?

I've played previous versions of this map, and loved them. It would be a real shame if I was unable to try this one.

Thanx

Never mind! I got it! Not sure what the problem was, but I gave it a try again this morning, and it downloaded correctly.

Thanx again!

Yeah, I'm having the same problem as Nhoj. Actually, this happened to me when I tried to post a mod that I made. I'm still not sure what's wrong with it:confused:.

I have been trying to download Marla's latest earth map before I installed the latest Civ III patch. I enjoy using her map in version 1.21 and don't want to update until I get the latest version. When I download, I get a file called attachment.php. I have read in this thread about associating this file with a Zip program in order to open it. I am using Windows XP which appears to extract zip files on its own so I do not know how to associate the php file with a program to open it. :confused:

Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks.:)

Thanks, Marla -- you are a living legend (amongst Civ fans.) Others may have put together world maps, but you were first, and your map is still one of the best.

I am very impressed. You dont mind if i use it right?

Thank you Bonne1978. Your suggestion worked. I guess this is what you get when you try to overthink the problem instead of trying the obvious.

I'm working on WW2 for Civ3 using my edited version of this map...but it is a really depressing process as the compromises the editor forces a person to make :cry:

It will first be released as an 8 player affaire (so as to be suitable for PBEM) probably starting in 1939 A.D.

Any help I could get (serious help in the form mainly of art) would be much appreciated.

Marla,

Your map is so beautiful.

I feel guilty - like I'm damaging a work of art when I play on it!

Anyone know if marla singer's awsome map will be adapted for the expansion play the world ? I would love to play a ton of new civs with her map.

will u make a larger map then the on now for ptw .. that one is to small and the earth fills up to fast for a good game and thers not anofe room for all the new civs and old ones.

Top Bottom