Final Earth Map

My friend, I had Windows Me. It was a piece of unstable junk. Get rid of it and be happy.

now that is some great, constructive comment zouave... now go back to wherever you came from! :mad: :mad: :mad:

if the only thing you can do is ***** and moan (cos it's the only thing you do around here) go annoy someone else, pleeeaaase. some pplz here are trying to have fun, but you are only bothering all of us by trolling around, and posting lame comments in everyone's thread.

now for your problem... did you use the correct starting locations?? did you use a save game, or marla's map, and the c3ct to correct the starting locations. if so, make sure you use the marla.cpf file, it's made for the map.. otherwise, try re-downloading the map, or take a look opening it in the editor, if that gives any problems. Also, make sure if you use the correct starting positions that you use the correct map (the marla world map, not any modded version, that might give problems)

that's all i can do for you now

Thanks Kloepoek, the other guy is a jerk. Allther games inc. Empire Earth and Civ3 are playing just fine with ME. I suppose the jerk has XP . However I read that a lot of gamers with XP are having trouble with a lot of games.
I use the map file ,correct start position with world map on a NEW GAME.
I have another queston:
The file I have civ3mod (with no extension) is that the same as civ3mod.bic ?
The size is about the same and perhaps ME oes not give an extension.

I have windows ME and it worked just fine for me.

If you downloaded it correctlly, it's real simple once you figure it out. You load her scenario, then before you move any units or settle, you save the game (4000 B.C). Save it as FIX, (the computer will automatically add the .SAV to the end). Then since on my screen the start button does not show when playing the game, I have to hit the 'windows' button (between the alt and cntrl), then go to programs.....Marla Singer's Scenarios.....Correct starting positions. The program will then run (it automatically looks for your FIX.SAV file, and then renames it FIXED.SAV after making the changes). Then load the FIXED.SAV file, and there you go!

You did this on a NEW GAME? Should choose 'Load Scenario', otherwise you won't get the right map size (hers is 204 X 256. unlike the normal 180X180 for a huge map) which could totally screw up the coordinates of the starting locations.

I loaded my old save game (posted above) and I'm sailing my Pirogue around right now. Thanks!

Marla, any way to package this new unit? Maybe create the folder for the new unit, put it in the zipfile to download, and then tell people where to drag the folder onto their system.

Anyway, I'll try your beta over the weekend now that the crash is history. :king:

I have used Marla's map which is wonderful; I have what may be a questions with hopefully an obvious answer; how can I use Marla's map with my modified .bic file? I have modivied the .bic file that comes with the map as well as the original .bic file using the games editor. ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

Windows ME does suck--Zouvrae had a point there. use 2000...what's this using XP garbage? Microsoft's "consumer" OS's are often flawed and underpowered, still running on a 16 bit Windows 3.1 core. While Windows 3.1 was a masterful bit of programming, it should not have been used nearly a decade later.

Hey KloePoek,

What are you? Ten years old, or just a shill for Firaxis?? What a pathetic crybaby you are. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

My comments about Windows Me ARE very constructive. That Operating System STINKS. Get rid of it and be happy.

As for Civ III, I play it and I enjoy it.

But unlike you, I am not so simple-minded as to be unable to criticize A VERY FLAWED and RUSHED PRODUCT.

The large number of threads and posts over the past weeks complaining about aspects of CIV III - AND TRYING TO MAKE THEM BETTER - proves my point. The pitiful maps of "Earth" that came with the game are just one example of many problems that range from playability to poor realism to absurdly high rates for Espionage. Among other things.

Now go WHINE someplace else while pretending Civ III is perfection personified.

Take a hike. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:sad: Lets not have a windows war here people, please restrict yourselves to comments about the scenario and the installation/packaging. A flame war only risks alienating those people who are looking for help to make Civ3 more fun.

:D Given the stonkingly high number of downloads for V1.13 and relatively few numbers of people emailing me with installation/running problems I assume that things are working fine so far.

:enlighten I'm working on a new installation package which will build on the new features in the V1.15 beta and will (hopefully) address the issues about graphics files needed etc. I'm designing this installation to amend the civilopedia files rather than replace them, my aim is to create a method of automatically installing modpacks that can live along side each other (ie no need to keep swapping files when changing from one scenario to another)

:D To this end I'm looking for mug's... ahem... I mean volunteers to test this thing for me, it's going to be a bit different than the current installer. I will personnally test it on my XP and Win98lite systems but i'd like it to get a wider testing before unleashing it on the masses. I'm hoping to have this ready for testing on 14th Jan.

:cool: Incidentally since we appear to have fixed the initial problems with the extra unit, does anybody out there fancy getting some fame (no fortune i'm afraid) for designing new graphics for the Pirogue unit? Budding artist's feel free to post your designs to this board so that we can all take a look and (if we get more than one submission) vote on the winner.

Volunteers for beta testing please e-mail Vonotar

Map suggestions as always should be e-mailed to Marla as she is the creative genius behind the map.

Hi everyone, playing Marla`s map (1.15 B version- GREAT map, by the way) as russian- and every time I reach 2350 BC- it crashes. Anyone familiar with this?

CIVILIZATION3 caused a invalid ..in
modul CIVILIZATION3.EXE by 0187:00403046.
Register:
EAX=00000000 CS=0187 EIP=00403046 EFLGS=00010202
EBX=005c5818 SS=018f ESP=00abfc30 EBP=01360eb0
ECX=0c976d0c DS=018f ESI=0c976d0c FS=3267
EDX=00002b03 ES=018f EDI=00000000 GS=0000
Byte by CS:EIP:
8b 80 3c 01 00 00 83 c1 58 8b 50 04 52 e8 38 71

(Report modified, originally in norwegian...)

Thanks for any help!!

Hi everyone,

playing Marla`s map (1.15 B version- GREAT map, by the way) as russian- and every time I reach 2350 BC- it crashes.

Anyone familiar with this: ?

CIVILIZATION3 caused a invalid ..in
modul CIVILIZATION3.EXE by 0187:00403046.
Register:
EAX=00000000 CS=0187 EIP=00403046 EFLGS=00010202
EBX=005c5818 SS=018f ESP=00abfc30 EBP=01360eb0
ECX=0c976d0c DS=018f ESI=0c976d0c FS=3267
EDX=00002b03 ES=018f EDI=00000000 GS=0000
Byte by CS:EIP:
8b 80 3c 01 00 00 83 c1 58 8b 50 04 52 e8 38 71

(Report modified, originally in norwegian...)

Thanks for any help!!

Hello Gang. I am also impressed with the map, and was happy to download the December version with the correct starting positions. Followed the instructions and tried my first "tougher" Monarch level game, figuring that knowing the terrain would be a big help. Have played the Aztecs carefully and now in 1415 AD, after MANY hours (the game REALLY slows down on these very large maps, even on my 1000 meg Athlon), have found a mistake that I am hoping can be fixed. Actually, it's 2 mistakes, since the Privateers are being built with an Attack strength of 1. I am Definately playing with 1.16f and indeed have other games going where I see the Privateer with an attack 2. But in Marla's, it's as tho the patch didn't work! I wonder if there are other changes in this patch that don't play out with patch. Anyway, that is all forgivable, and not a big issue. However, the REAL Problem is a Killer. I raced to enter the Industrial era and learn STEAM POWER. I have almost 40 workers anxious to connect my cities which are strung out through the US (America's almost out), Central, and South America. But despite the advent of Steam, there is NO COAL TO BE FOUND!!! I was shocked! I double-checked and even traded Maps with Europe and Asian countries to be sure they might not have Coal, and NOBODY does. Help. I have already built-up a very good (for me) score of about 1300 and hate to give up on this scenario. But it's unfair that I cannot build Railroads. And if coal is never found, that will totally mess up the game. If anyone is familiar what to do, your ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I used the editor to go over Marla's map, and you're right about one thing, no coal on the map! how wierd....

Also note about trading, the other civs cannot offer you coal until they discover Steam Power themselves.

The only thing I can suggest for you now is to use some kind of a save game editor to add coal to your game... and let's hope Marla's next version will have some coal in it :)

Q

I have to say, I didn't think I'd like the "settlers cost 3 population" mod, but yes, it makes for a better game. The AI doesn't expand like crazy, and neither can you. But because founding a city is more expensive, it pushes you a little more toward military... why spend all that work to end up with a lvl 1 city when you can build a couple of military units and take over your neighbors?

Thanks again for the map/mod...

Tristan

:crazyeyes Wow, this becomes strange. My wife (god-bless-her) recommended continuing anyway. I played two more turns, and this morning when I started my latest Save in 1425. I found several Coals! Just to be sure, I restarted 1415, the turn I had first discovered Steam Power, and they were NOT there.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion Quellious. Fortunately, the prob seems to have resolved itself. Has anyone else ever seen "delayed" resources? If it is a randomizor thrown into the game, then we should have been made aware, so that when it occurs one doesn't think it is some kind of programming glitch!:rolleyes:

I just looked at her map at two locations where historically there SHOULD be coal: Wales, and West Virginia. IT WAS THERE.

Look more closely, I know the coal is too hard to find.

:goodjob: Great work this 1.15 BETA

I started playing Marla's map with verson 1.05 and ended up with an horrible amount of cities and a very slow game.

I really like the changes in the scenario (giving the English and Janapese a possibility to expand and the more expensive settler).

However, I think that it should be more difficult to cross the Atlanatic Ocean. I played as the Zulu and I was still the first in South America (even before the Aztecs).:lol:

BTW, I just looked for coal in Manchuria. NOT there, but it should be.

I suggest you Edit a coal tile into central Mancuria, near where the city of Harbin is.

Top Bottom