1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Final Fantasy 7 Mod

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by magus77, Aug 26, 2006.

1. magus77

magus77 Sephiroth

Update #9 now on first post. It works fine, but there are some problems I can't find the source of:

-Some civilopedia pics are either low-res, have odd background colors, or don't show at all
    -Shinra Marines look like regular marines (at least in Debug mode).

2. magus77

magus77 Sephiroth

Any more suggestions? I'll have the last week of December and first week of January off, and if my Xbox360 doesn't come back from repairs by then, I'll have more reason to start more updates/upgrades.

3. Ogedei_the_Mad

Ogedei_the_Mad Caffeinated Khagan

There could be a bit more flavor for each factions. Wutai could make use of the Japanese units available from the Sengoku scenario as well as the fine additions here on CFC. :) Hikaro Takayama pointed out that Wutai is loosely based on Okinawa and Ryukyuan culture so instead of random Tibetan, Chinese, and Japanese names, how about using Okinawan / Ryukyu place names? The city names for other factions could take names from other factions in Final Fantasy games that fit their characteristics (Shinra could take some names from the Vector Empire in FF6, for example). Since there's only four factions, each faction could have its own distinct culture group.

Anyways, I've noticed that there's a lack of FF-specific buildings. If you have any need for them, I'd be willing to take requests. :)

4. magus77

magus77 Sephiroth

Thanks for the suggestions, but I probably won't be able to take a good look at what I'd need or make changes until I have time, so I'll probably tell you this weekend, if I do end up needing anything.

5. Ogedei_the_Mad

Ogedei_the_Mad Caffeinated Khagan

I will have much more free time in the coming week. Request as many buildings as you need. :)

6. HunterAnubis

HunterAnubis Warlord

So did you make anything new?

7. magus77

magus77 Sephiroth

No, sorry, didn't have time. Maybe I might spring break (last week of March for me)?

8. Blahness

Blahness Chieftain

can someone repost the update? The link seems to be broken. Thank you!

9. magus77

magus77 Sephiroth

Sorry for the inconvenience, it's back up.

10. Nummernlos

Nummernlos Chieftain

Thanks for this mod. I like it very much.

It would be nice to have some Chocobos (without Rider) in several colours, golden - can fly everywhere, yellow - only land and not able to climb mountains, and so on. The tech "Chocobo Farm" could enable these units.

Unfortunately I am not able to create these units, but maybe it should be not very complicated to change the Chocoboman into a pure Chocobo and in different colours.

Thanks in advance.

11. DJ Bonebraker

DJ Bonebraker a.k.a Laura

Hey Magus, I don't know if you are aware of this, but I recently created a unit based on Aeris that could work well as a UU for the Cetra... I could see about making a quick version with a pink dress for the Aeris king unit as well.....

12. magus77

magus77 Sephiroth

Sorry, I haven't here in a while, I only remembered this after cleaning out my computer (I'm cleaning it out because I have a new one and I'm giving this one away)...anyway, if you're not too busy, I'd like that unit, and then I could dust off my Civ III discs and maybe start adding to the mod again.

13. DJ Bonebraker

DJ Bonebraker a.k.a Laura

14. BreonX

BreonX Chieftain

Any chance somebody could repost the link please? I know it's a bit old but worth a shot :p thanks in advance.

15. Mr_Nygren

Mr_Nygren Chieftain

Hello man, i have downloaded your update to this mod, and the map by Magus77 - but the links to the actual finished mod is no longer available at Rapidshare because the site went down.

So am i missing lots of material?

If you have the full mod, could you re-upload it? I am really interested in playing this.

I did never play Civilization back in the day and i remembered this mod this year, a mod i first found in 2006 - so i guess i should have tried it out back then but didn't. So i do need a working link.

As i guess the map is just the map, and your update has some units - but i am lacking all the mod content.

16. Jacen_Fel

Jacen_Fel Chieftain

Yeah, would be nice to be able to download this one again. If anyone has it and can update link would be cool. Thanks!