Final Fantasy 7 Mod

say what exacly do you do with your mod now? Im no moder but I can add units tho I have no idea how they are created or how to add icon

Well, right now I plan to add the Weapons (Emerald, Ruby, etc.) and Sephiroth (to guard the Crater). First you have to update the main units picture sheet, which has pictures of all units in the game. These pictures are the same pictures you see when you want to build the units from city view, and you just add them to the empty pink spaces. Then you go in the CivEditor and go to the picture when creating the unit, which is usually in the 100s, 200s, 300s, or so in picture #. Then you have to update the Civiliopedia and PediaIcons text files in a few places, and then put the unit files in th right place, and you're done. Not that hard after you do it a couple of times, but tedious and somewhat long.

Well, right now I plan to add the Weapons (Emerald, Ruby, etc.) and Sephiroth (to guard the Crater). First you have to update the main units picture sheet, which has pictures of all units in the game. These pictures are the same pictures you see when you want to build the units from city view, and you just add them to the empty pink spaces. Then you go in the CivEditor and go to the picture when creating the unit, which is usually in the 100s, 200s, 300s, or so in picture #. Then you have to update the Civiliopedia and PediaIcons text files in a few places, and then put the unit files in th right place, and you're done. Not that hard after you do it a couple of times, but tedious and somewhat long.

Take your time, I won't be home to get the stuff anyway because I'm on vacation in California.

For the record: I'm not folowing any Thread's.

but ehh, I'm wondering. becouse I'm in to Final Fantasy VII right now am wondering if there is to be an
Civilization IV (Warlords) version ???

Please say Yes, but i can understand if not.

I'm looking for FFVII Unit's and stuff, and I can find some for Civi 3 but nothing for Civi 4.

After my exams I'm going to an kind of Game Disign school, but ehh.. before i can make my own unit we are going to be some time ahead... so that's why i ask if there is going to be an Civi 4 version...

Probably no on the Civ IV version, mainly because I don't have it, but also because I don't know how to create units (let alone for Civ IV), which would probably limit it just to a FF7 map. Unless I'm mistaken and there's already a whole bunch of stuff for FF7.

As for the mod, still no real time, maybe Wednesday morning, and if not, then nothing until the weeked again.

Probably no on the Civ IV version, mainly because I don't have it, but also because I don't know how to create units (let alone for Civ IV), which would probably limit it just to a FF7 map. Unless I'm mistaken and there's already a whole bunch of stuff for FF7.

to bad, and no there are no stuff of Final Fantasy VII for Civ 4...

I just wondered if anyone of you is up for a email game maybe over icq contact me on 194 475 887 tahts my icq
Im teribly bored and my friend is realy bad at the game. Rules are simple conquest and there are few ff units and from other things...

By the way whats taking so long with your ff mod? I want to play ff 8 mod if anyone would make units I would gladly do the rest

Well, at this rate, I'm not going to have time until the second or third week of June; I just have too much studying for finals and review homework to have enough time to actually do anything. Sorry for those still waiting.

I never tried your mod before, but I will wait patiently for it, since I'm a big FFVII fan Good luck with you studies, I know the hell they can be!

Bah, I LOVE the chocobo unit. But I wouldnt play it. I dont like having towns being named "Midgar", "New Midgar", "New new midgar", and like in the pic "Sleeping man", thats not a town. >>;;

Bah, I LOVE the chocobo unit. But I wouldnt play it. I dont like having towns being named "Midgar", "New Midgar", "New new midgar", and like in the pic "Sleeping man", thats not a town. >>;;

Yeah, the "Sleeping Man" city is a failure from my point of view, but nothing that would destroy the gaming experience and regarding the "New Newest Newer Midgar etc.", there could be more city names inspired on the Norse mythology since most of the cities names are based on it.

After all this summer school crap and other tedious stuff I had to do, I've finally found time to work on it tomorrow (I'm going to work pretty soon), so expect it somewhere around noon tomorrow (maybe longer if it takes me a while to get reaquainted with the process).

And with the city names, I agree too, but where would I go about finding Norse mythology-based city names? And while I'm at it, what would be a place to find some interesting Japanese/Chinese city names for Wutai? And what type of language/mythology would be used for the Ancients (would it still be Norse)?

And as for "Sleeping Man", I just included it there because I wanted to include as many locations on the world map in the real game as I could in the mod. If anything, think of it as a landmark.

For wutai use normal map of china and japan I bet there are plenty names. For acients use some greece or roman names easy as pie took me 2 mins XD

Regarding the new units (Ruby, Emerald, Diamond, and Ultimate Weapons), I've decided to make them all stationary, and make them pretty powerful (no long-range attacks though), just because of the chaos they would create as barbarians if they could move. And Sephiroth will also be stationary over Crater, and as a result, I'm removing all those barbarians from there.

I noticed that if you "automate" a worker, he just stands around doing nothing. Is this a bug?

Top Bottom