Final Fixes Reborn

Hmm. New bug. Not sure if known or not, the bug spreadsheet doesn't load properly for me. Casting River of Blood as Decius, leading the Calabim, results in your cities losing 2 population as well, instead of gaining it. Happened both with a Neutral and an Evil Decius.

Hmm. New bug. Not sure if known or not, the bug spreadsheet doesn't load properly for me. Casting River of Blood as Decius, leading the Calabim, results in your cities losing 2 population as well, instead of gaining it. Happened both with a Neutral and an Evil Decius.

I remember changing that recently. It's bugged in 14.11, but repaired in R103 (19th december)

Playing new 14.11, I have captured Pegasus (killing it twice with units capable of capturing animals after combat). According to the Civpedia, it is supposed to be able to transport one unit. I didn't find how to do it. Possible bug or just a question of promotion for Pegasus (difficult to obtain them because it can't attack another unit)

Playing new 14.11, I have captured Pegasus (killing it twice with units capable of capturing animals after combat). According to the Civpedia, it is supposed to be able to transport one unit. I didn't find how to do it. Possible bug or just a question of promotion for Pegasus (difficult to obtain them because it can't attack another unit)
Pretty sure that's a reference to Austrins' ability to Mount Pegasus with any unit, granting them +2 movement and flying.

As it is, they're decent scouts and equipment/potion couriers, but that's about it.

Guess I should go update to the latest beta version, then.

It seems symbols aren't showing up. Such as a well just saying +1, and not having a health symbol after it

After about 60 turns I checked the worldbuilder view. Some civs used their settlers, but a lot still have settlers just sit in their capital not doing anything.

It seems they may just be waiting a few turns before using their settlers. Khazad waited about ten turns, but that may be more strategic to avoid being killed by barbs.

(Updating as I go along)

With regret have to say that my favorite race became totally bugged... Mekara in last update is unplayable... Making battle sluga causes crash, sluga in haunted lands - crash, overseer with 3rank skilled overseer and slugas enters city - disconnects slugas and doubles their amount... other minor bugs... The thing is - I can't remember ANY bugs about Mekara in simple RiFE...

I keep gettting this error when a friend and I try and connect to play multiplayer. The game crashes and we can not play. I do not have any problems playing a single player game.

Error Erubus.jpg

With regret have to say that my favorite race became totally bugged... Mekara in last update is unplayable... Making battle sluga causes crash, sluga in haunted lands - crash, overseer with 3rank skilled overseer and slugas enters city - disconnects slugas and doubles their amount... other minor bugs... The thing is - I can't remember ANY bugs about Mekara in simple RiFE...

Someone indicated that before the inevitable crash they were able to see an enormous amount of sluga seemingly created by the Haunted Lands. Haunted Lands have a related function that rolls the RNG on whether they take their toll; it also has a function that adds Hauntstalk to any occupying undead. One of those has to be interacting with sluga in a way that it shouldn't, something added by the updates for the Mekara. I'm guessing it's the Hauntstalk promotion because of what you said with the overseers: in both cases, a promotion-based event is causing sluga to be multiplied and it would explain the crash in the Haunted Lands case if every multiplication receives Hauntstalk and triggers it again.

The other incident that occurs to me is that there was a bug at some point with some version of things where mixing stuff like Lycanthrope and Command could give you two versions of a unit.

Some things to test: does it matter which leader you're using? Does it matter if you change their traits to something normal (or just add a new Mekara leader with TRAIT_WHATEVER) to check? Do all sluga cause the crash, or just basic sluga? Are there cases of gaining and losing promotions or promotion-based effects that cause issues?

I don't know how we both wiped Civ 4 from our computers and did a fresh install then got the same mod and placed it back on.

Hi,

Couple of comments after trying Mechanos.

It's too easy to farm xp for the siege units using Held/Leashed units and non aggressive animals(mammoths)/animals that won't enter cultural borders. Maybe the gaining of xp by siege/ranged units needs a total review but I'd suggest stopping the gaining of xp from any units which are Leashed or Held.
Cernunnos' Animals, which have the Animal AI, should get their AI switched to something which lets them fight back and also gain the Feral promo to boost their attack seeing as those arrows have annoyed them, when someone hits them with a ranged attack.

The Mechanos should be blocked from any of the event options to dedicate a monument to a God. They should dedicate it to something like "the Ingenuity of Man" (beaker) or "the Wonder of Machines" (hammer). (Incidentally, I really like that only the event options that are available to a civ are displayed in your mod.)

There are a few event options which are dependent on having adepts with the right mana. The Mechanos, who don't use any magic can use these options if they have the right unique feature in their territory. You might consider blocking such options to the Mechanos or else making mana from unique features unavailable to the Mechanos by other means.

Should Mage Guild and Catacomb Libralus be blocked to the Mechanos?

Getting a repeatable CtD at the end of this turn. I replayed from the preceding Autosave and tried doing different things, but still get a crash. Just hit "enter."

Just read the change log. It appears you have done a lot of work, so I just wanted to say good job and well done. Thanks from everbody for your efforts Ronkhar. Also to everybody who helped you Thanks.

I've a bug with the Infernal Grimoire. It fails to add a new tech and I get this message:
TXT_KEY_CHEATERS_NEVER_PROSPER
I play alone.

Attachments

• AutoSave_Turn_0207.CivBeyondSwordSave
    622.6 KB · Views: 53
The thing is - I can't remember ANY bugs about Mekara in simple RiFE...

If I don't correct you now, everyone will base their opinion on wrong data.

Here are several facts:
  • In RifE (1.4 or 1.41), did Mekara have bugs? Yes
    example: several of their spells (SPELL_SLUGA_CREATION,...) required mage guild building. But Mekara have the unique building shaper cabal instead. Hence these spells never worked.
  • Did Max's Mekara mod remove some of these bugs? Yes
  • Did Max's Mekara mod add or change other features? Yes
  • Were most players happy with these features? Yes (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=490412). That's why I included it in my fixes.
  • Have several people spoken against these features AFTER I included them? Yes
  • Will I remove or modify these features? It "depends". I haven't studied the whole lore yet, I haven't had time to play the mekara civ. But I've read the code, and some things are "curious", notably leader statuses and traits. Hence I'll read and study it when I find the time (bug 500)
  • Did I change anything related to Mekara? I solved two bugs: I repaired the removal of sluga promotions, and I repaired the race of slaves obtained from Mekara slave raids.
  • Did the code change for sluga promotions make other bugs appear? Yes (notably infinite spawn inside haunted lands)
  • Did these bugs exist before? Yes. They were simply invisible.

I'll use a metaphor (I love these)
    Let's say you have a plane with a broken engine. You repair the engine.
    When the plane takes off, you realize the wings were broken from the beginning, hence a crash.
    Conclusion: people get angry at the guy who fixed the engine.
  • Could I have found the haunted lands bug before publishing the new version? It's unlikely because I spend far more time repairing the game than playing it.
  • Will other subsequent bugs appear? That's possible. If other promotion exclusions were forgotten, then yes.
  • What should Mekara players do?
    • update to Release 106+
    • Start a new game with mekara (No, the bug won't disappear in an already existing game, and I can't change that. It's in the structure of the data)
    • Tell me as precisely as possible what other conditions produce bugs with sluga or battle sluga

It seems symbols aren't showing up. Such as a well just saying +1, and not having a health symbol after it

What's your version of Civ? 3.19? (good) Steam? (bad) Steam beta? (good)

I keep gettting this error when a friend and I try and connect to play multiplayer. The game crashes and we can not play. I do not have any problems playing a single player game.

Can you tell me which version you're playing? Standard or Beta RXX?

Viatos said:
Is it possible one of you has an edited game? DANNMOS has one more N than I'm used to seeing.
Dannmos has 2n since at least RifE 1.4, so this should be alright.

I'll try a multi this WE if I can find the time.

Hi,

Couple of comments after trying Mechanos.

It's too easy to farm xp for the siege units using Held/Leashed units and non aggressive animals(mammoths)/animals that won't enter cultural borders. Maybe the gaining of xp by siege/ranged units needs a total review but I'd suggest stopping the gaining of xp from any units which are Leashed or Held.
I don't remember. Is that mechanos specific or for all range/siege units?

Cernunnos' Animals, which have the Animal AI, should get their AI switched to something which lets them fight back and also gain the Feral promo to boost their attack seeing as those arrows have annoyed them, when someone hits them with a ranged attack.
Errr. I'll see what I can do for that.

The Mechanos should be blocked from any of the event options to dedicate a monument to a God. They should dedicate it to something like "the Ingenuity of Man" (beaker) or "the Wonder of Machines" (hammer). (Incidentally, I really like that only the event options that are available to a civ are displayed in your mod.)
[/QUOTE]
Easy to implement :goodjob:
(Thanks :D)

There are a few event options which are dependent on having adepts with the right mana. The Mechanos, who don't use any magic can use these options if they have the right unique feature in their territory. You might consider blocking such options to the Mechanos or else making mana from unique features unavailable to the Mechanos by other means.
Ok. I'll check these events.

Should Mage Guild and Catacomb Libralus be blocked to the Mechanos?
Mage guild should proably be blocked or unique building instead
TODO Ronkhar: verify if mage guild is required for anything mechanos
Ideally, all wonder classes should be buildable by all civs (for example thousand slums for anyone but kuriotates, and amathaon garden variant for kuriotates)

Top Bottom