Final Fixes Reborn

The icon issue is usually due to an issue while installing the steam version of civ4.
Once you have installed civ4 through steam, go to Library, right click on the game, choose Properties, then Betas, and in the list choose original_release_unsupported.

After that, install the mod. (either the 14.11 full version, or the svn beta, install none of the patches which were for older versions of the mod).

Once you launch the mod for the first time ( or for the first time after playing another mod), start with a play now game, it resets a bunch of options that the original game or other mods may have modified.

I'm having the same problem with the Icons!

Same here. But it's limited to the steam version. Works in DVD version.

So it seems a fairly common problem then.

The icon issue is usually due to an issue while installing the steam version of civ4.
Once you have installed civ4 through steam, go to Library, right click on the game, choose Properties, then Betas, and in the list choose original_release_unsupported.

After that, install the mod. (either the 14.11 full version, or the svn beta, install none of the patches which were for older versions of the mod).

Once you launch the mod for the first time ( or for the first time after playing another mod), start with a play now game, it resets a bunch of options that the original game or other mods may have modified.

Unstalled CivIV and expansions, uninstalled AoE.
Reinstall CivIV, reinstall Beyond the Sword.
Change to original_release_unsupported.
Installed AoE 14.11 to D.\\bla\...bla\Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods
Run AoE Launcher
Play now (Erebus_107b)

Issue not resulved. Issue identical to previous installation.

1) switch steam version to original_unsupported
2) start play now game
3) the icons show up :goodjob:
4) quit Civ IV
5) start Civ IV
6) start custom game
7) the entire interface is missing :thumbsdown:
8) save game
9) quit Civ IV
10) start Civ IV
11) load game (from step 8)
12) icons and interface show up :goodjob:

7) Is not unusual for the non-stable svn version. :cry: CTRL-I and ALT-I do nothing.

How many of you are playing multi-player?
While the 14.11 version is relatively stable (= except for the bugs mostly fixed in the SVN), it seems we can't even start a game between two players in SVN v270.

I'm half expecting there's something we haven't quite understood with the whole SVN approach. It's not like we ought to install 14.11 first, before downloading the SVN, or anything like that, right?

Using the DVD versions, BtS 3.19, TortoiseSVN, Win10.

How many of you are playing multi-player?
While the 14.11 version is relatively stable (= except for the bugs mostly fixed in the SVN), it seems we can't even start a game between two players in SVN v270.

I'm half expecting there's something we haven't quite understood with the whole SVN approach. It's not like we ought to install 14.11 first, before downloading the SVN, or anything like that, right?

Using the DVD versions, BtS 3.19, TortoiseSVN, Win10.

You're right. The stability in MP has decreased a lot.
My wife and I haven't been able to complete a single MP game since we came back in June (80% crashes and 20% OOS, I'd say)
Back in 2014 and the beginning of 2015, we managed to finish fifty+ MP games.

I don't know when the stability decreased (or what decreased it). When I can get a reproducible crash, I send it to blackimperator, who has far better skills at C++ than me. With some luck, he'll be able to track down the bugs.
Feel free to post your saves.

(My main computer is down at the moment. HDD corruption or something like that so can't really help myself)

If you want to play MP right now, I'd suggest to choose an older version: either the 14.11 or a manual svn "update to revision XXX". But I've no idea which version would be good :'(

My wife and I haven't been able to complete a single MP game since we came back in June (80% crashes and 20% OOS, I'd say)
I haven't been able to complete a single player game for some time now: Crash to desktop when setting up the game, crash to desktop when loading a game, crash to desktop during AI player turn ...
That's why I switched back to 14.11. SVN is not playable.

I don't know when the stability decreased (or what decreased it).
That's important to find out. Even more important than adding new features. New features are not very useful if you cannot finish a game.

i'm gonna start reverting and reimplementing the dll changes to find out what went wrong. (can someone please try rev 215 extensively to see if the stability issues come from the following one "Mercenaries changes" or from an older one?)

I like marathon games on huge maps. So extensive tests of one version might take weeks. However, I took a look at setting up a single player game. Here's a save from svn 230/steam version: link
The game started without interface. But that's not the only error.

Erebus continent/huge/temperate/low/ancient/marathon/high/9x default/on/off/off
raging barbarians/barbarian world/permanent alliances/new random seed/wildlands/timid animals/blessing/living world/wild mana/mana guardians/all unique features/flavour start/well-known/dark forests
conquest
11 players, all random, diety

Edit:
svn 237 may crash while generating such a game. So 230 and 237 are definitely broken. I'll have a closer look at versions 215-229 tomorrow.

216 is when i added a major mechanic along with interface for it, so it's likely that one that causes most issues, which is why i need some feedback on 215 ( if it's also unstable, i'll go farther back)

Forgot to say what I did:
Started with 215 which seemed fine. After that:
216: good
230: good
245: broken
237: broken
230: broken
Cannot trust a "good" result, obviously.

Would like to revert to 215 and double-check now. The svn repository refuses connection. So I'll try again tomorrow.

svn 215, steam version, Win10 x64
reboot; tortoisesvn to 215; start play now game; quit to main menu; start custom game; quit to desktop; start custom game; quit to main menu; start custom game; error: "Failed to compress game data"

Edit:
attached turn 1 autosave

Attachments

• svn_215_failed_to_compress.JPG
    svn_215_failed_to_compress.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 77
  • AutoSave_Initial_Turn_0001.CivBeyondSwordSave
    68.1 KB · Views: 76
"The sourceforge.net website is temporarily in static offline mode.
Only a very limited set of project pages are available until the main website returns to service."
:(

Edit: sourceforge online again :)

[281] The options are missing from this dialogue. http://imgur.com/a/aFMTF Is it on purpose? You can't do diplomacy with Clan of Embers?

Also, the first game that I started, there was a CTD when I founded my first city. There was a goodie hut in the city radius, so that might have been the cause. How do I provide you with the crash log?

Edit: So all the diplomacy options are missing, not just for Clan of Embers. http://imgur.com/v1fg8Id Please fix this, I want to play badly. :D

can you get me the save file of the diplomacy thing, i haven't been able to reproduce it

Sure thing. My Civ IV is running the "original_release_unsupported" option, under the betas tab. Otherwise, the mana icons do not display correctly, IIRC. Does that have anything to do with the problem?

Edit: I'm reverting to the "NONE" option for betas, see if that makes any difference.
Edit: With the "NONE" option, the UI is completely missing. http://imgur.com/wS0qW1E I tried starting a new game, as I remembered, the mana icons are missing if you play without the "original_release_unsupported" option. http://imgur.com/Clj6rZO

Attachments

• Antonius I Turn_0075.zip
    267 KB · Views: 43
Top Bottom