Finalizing 1.13

Leoreth

Blue Period
Yes, this is actually happening. There's a couple of minor thing still on my to do list but overall I think it's best if I release now without adding any more features.

The purpose of this thread is for you to collect small issues I have to fix before release, stuff that you still have on your mind and I might have forgotten.

Loading the 1700 AD scenario will cause a CTD in rev. 993 and after. The game randomly crashes in other scenarios too.

Did you ever come around to take a look at the issue with Ethiopia being unable to found Catholicism?

Also, the Phoenician entry in the civilized is talks about Carthage only, not Phoenicia as a whole.

Do you have a link?

Well, no, only my memory. Is there a way to search my posts for something specific like e.g. Ethiopia? I'm sure I wrote about it when I discovered it.

Also, the Phoenician entry in the civilized is talks about Carthage only, not Phoenicia as a whole.
Civilopedia text is not updated in general, and I won't be able to cover that before release.

Well, no, only my memory. Is there a way to search my posts for something specific like e.g. Ethiopia? I'm sure I wrote about it when I discovered it.
The search function should allow you to specify subforum/thread, user and keyword at the same time.

I'm assuming you wouldn't focus on tech speed if the release is this close? I need to buckle down and play into the later game period, but i have a feeling the speed for Industrial and Modern eras may be a little slow, at least on the lower difficulty levels.

I'm assuming you wouldn't focus on tech speed if the release is this close? I need to buckle down and play into the later game period, but i have a feeling the speed for Industrial and Modern eras may be a little slow, at least on the lower difficulty levels.
That's actually the last kind of big thing I want to work on while giving this thread some time to accumulate stuff. I won't be able to reach perfect tech balance, if that is even something that is possible, but I'll try to smooth over the most glaring problems.

Seems like mod development is slowing down :( but I think the game is good to release as it is now! There have been plenty of changes since 1.12, this should be something like a 1.2 for the mod :p

1.2 has been long ago ;) Release will be as soon as every crease is ironed out. It's not much work wise, but I can't say how much time I'll have since I'm very busy the next 1-2 weeks.

2.0 is still some way off but I plan to change the how the release cycle works in the future.

An old issue:

In the Black Sea, near Trebizond / Poti, there is a clam in 3000 BC scenario, and nothing in 600 / 1700 AD.

And in 600 AD, the horse pasture in Anatolia has a forest too, this makes it an unique 6 hammer+1 gold spot, actually I like it.

I hope you have time to address the resourse trading ingame, i know there were changes recently on it for the AI to value strategic resourses more, but for civs that are build around resourse trading (indonesia) its impossible to win an UHV becouse everyone wants everything you have in exchange for 1 resourse , or alot of gold per turn. Same goes for other civilizations that just need trading company resourses for instance and cant get them becouse AI wants everything in exchange.

One more thing is to somehow make Rome unable to discover confu or taoism becouse i see them get it in 80% of the games which makes europe backwards, and chinise start collapsing becouse they are weak etc , which may be a cause of the problem.

I think so.

I'd like to know why you decided against adjusting Australia and widening Indonesia as I proposed many months ago...

I simply never got around to it, and it's not that high of a priority in my opinion compared to the effort it would take.

I hope you have time to address the resourse trading ingame, i know there were changes recently on it for the AI to value strategic resourses more, but for civs that are build around resourse trading (indonesia) its impossible to win an UHV becouse everyone wants everything you have in exchange for 1 resourse , or alot of gold per turn. Same goes for other civilizations that just need trading company resourses for instance and cant get them becouse AI wants everything in exchange.

One more thing is to somehow make Rome unable to discover confu or taoism becouse i see them get it in 80% of the games which makes europe backwards, and chinise start collapsing becouse they are weak etc , which may be a cause of the problem.

I fully concur with both of these points. The idea behind the new system with regards to resourse trading makes sense, but the AI is way too reluctant to trade now - even vassals demands 3-4-5 resourses for 1 non-strategic one of theirs. Please take a look at this and at least ease it up a bit, that would be great.

I also experience Rome founding confu way too often all of a sudden, it happened in all of my last 4 games where I wasn't involved in either area. Did China get nerfed somehow lately, or what could be the cause of them being unable to be first to get confu? It is both bad for gameplay and immersion, maybe they need slightly better tech speed in the start or be more focused on getting the corrects techs, I don't know.

One final thing (don't know if this should be here or the SVN thread): there seems to be an issue with the French spawn - if one or more cities in your core area exist when you spawn, they appear to be destroyed and the "main view" shows city ruins, however the cities are still there, you just can't see them unless you enter another city and go back and forth. Reloading doesn't seem to fix it. I have no idea what should be the cause, am I the only one experiencing this? Latest SVN, if that should matter.

Thanks once again for your incredible work on this amazing project Leoreth - I tried for the 4th time to start playing CiV a few days ago, but it simply feels so boring and stale compared to DoC. I should never have bought CiV and instead transfered the money to you, Rhye, and all the others who did parts of this fantastic thing.

Top Bottom