1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Finalizing 1.13

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Mouthwash

Mouthwash Escaped Lunatic

A lake 1NW of Lhasa makes Tibet a lot less boring.

2. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

I remember discussing this at some point ...

3. Mouthwash

Yeah, you discussed lakes in Tibet with someone a year or two ago. Can't remember if you liked the idea.

While I'm at it, I think that Scotland north of the river should be tundra, and so should Norway west of the Scandes and Iceland. The cow in Scotland and the fish below Iceland should be removed; the former gives too many cows to Britain and the latter makes Iceland way too populated.

My list also includes giving bauxite NW of West Africa's gems and stone to the Cape peninsula (it fits and gives some production) switching the gems in Namibia with the uranium in Madagascar, giving Moscow a wheat and one flood plain, putting a stone on Cordoba as well as the Guadalquivir river, switching out Persia's wheat for a cow again (two wheats in Iran is a bit much), and moving one of its incenses to Oman. A fish in the southern Caspian wouldn't hurt food issues, if you're still concerned about that. You can also extend the American Southeast (Georgia, South Carolina) eastward into the Atlantic with a couple of tiles. It looks really good and gives badly needed space. Finally, though I know this request to be futile, I think that Sicily and Hokkaido should be separated from their mainlands by a river.

Whew! Glad I got that off my chest. I don't play SVN so I apologize if any of this is ignorant of the current state of the map.

Another thing: I think you should keep in mind that water tiles give island cities a big enough population to equal the larger mainland cities, even if it takes time to get there. So I recommend that crab be removed from around Perth and New Zealand, as well as one of the fish off the eastern Australian seaboard. But that's just a preference.

4. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Me neither. I think I looked up lakes in Tibet and found that none were big enough to warrant inclusion at this scale? Will check again.

And thanks for the other suggestions, I'll try to squeeze those in I immediately agree with.

5. Hojsimpson

Hojsimpson Chieftain

Take in mind that while Hokkaido can grow much it grows really slowly and farms cant be built there. A river would allow farms and probably a much better hokkaido.

6. Shadow Warlord

Shadow Warlord Chieftain

I suggested a food resource a long time ago for Hokkaido (like at least one fish or something), didn't stick. All you can do with Hokkaido is grow it enough so you can work all your productive tiles. Otherwise it can't do much else.

7. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Hokkaido isn't that densely populated compared to the rest of Japan, so I think it's alright as it is.

8. Mouthwash

Forgot to say: the fish west of Ireland is really too much, I prefer to put it by London, but I'm not sure if that's quite balanced.

Here's the v1.12 save (with a lot more changes than I discussed here, but focus on the North Sea [Scotland, Norway and Iceland), the American eastern seaboard, and my terrain changes to Iran): View attachment Ramesses II Stone Age Turn 0.CivBeyondSwordSave

9. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Knoedel Imperator Satani Filius Augustus Nooborum

Has the resource situation in Great Britain been addressed yet btw? I already complained once, and watching a friend of mine playing England today reminded me, that there are too many resources around Britain, so that in practice you often have more towns in Ireland than in London's BFC. The horse needs to go away, I don't know about the dye either, and one of the food resources should be removed and replaced with some seafood instead. Then there is finally space for a properly heavily urbanized London area.

10. Eric Cartmenez

Eric Cartmenez Chieftain

In current SVN this has been addressed (removed Dye, updated food resources, horses only in Ireland), yet in this state while playing as Indonesia loosing their first UHV goal to 3 big fatty cities on Britain main island happens often :cry:

11. ales_

ales_ Heir

Leoreth, as you've updated the mod features (you've forgotten Colombia in the New Civs), may we assume that SVN 1000 will be 1.13?
    Anymay, I've made a chart of civs and their features that you might want to add to the download (or else it may be just here, on the forums).

Attached Files:

12. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

The plan is to release with this feature set, I can't guarantee that it will be the current revision because I will wait a couple of days to see if issues come up that need to be addressed immediately.

And the chart looks great, that's really a good idea.

13. Imp. Knoedel

You plan. to release. with Central Planning. in its current state?

Remember my watermill rebalance modmod? The changes I made there will look moderate by the time I am done with fixing your current mistake.

Btw what about riverbend forest commerce?

14. ales_

ales_ Heir

You've also forgotten the new China and Persia spawn locations.

15. Imp. Knoedel

So can we have a best case estimate for when you will release 1.13? I've been itching to modmod it to rebalance Central Planning for days. Don't be surprised if my mod goes up within a day of 1.13.

16. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

I'm in London until the weekend, which will be one week after revision 1000 went up. Seems like enough time to get feedback about critical errors if there are any. Fixing that and packaging everything takes some time but I think release is likely on Sunday or start of the following week.