Finmaster's Brand Old Nes III: The Final Countdown!

The Final Countdown, by Europe. Time constraints virtually disappear in two weeks, so I will join then.

Did I send orders, if not please take note I am updating and send me a pm

A gavel hit the meeting table, leaving a distinct dent in it.

“I knew we should have gotten oak… ahem.”

The figures around the table straightened to attention. It was a motley looking group, a cross section of most of the Mediterranean and Europe that made up the mercantile nation of Malta. Plus a few folks brought in by an odd fellow who wore a trenchcoat and

“This meeting of the merchant’s council is now called into session. Calling attendance. Sebertkfu.”

“Present.” Replied a lanky Egyptian, “Though you mispronounced my name agai-“

“Greek guy.”

“The name is Leo-”

“Not necessary. Halmico.”

“Glory to Carth- I mean… Malta!”

“Ryanidas.”

“Hmm? Sorry, I wasn’t listeni-“

“Marcel and Otto, the anachronistic European guys.”

“Ich bin hier.”

“Quoi?”

“Tall guy in a trenchcoat with a hat covering his face.”

“Quack.”

“Excellent. All present and accounted for. What’s first on the list Julio?”

A small Roman man handed the head merchant a scroll.

“Ah yes… territorial expansion.”

“Um…” began Ryanidas, “None of us really wanted to leave. So we didn’t do that.”

“Plus the Carthaginians threatned us.” Added the Egyptian.

“And rightfully so! Glory to… oh… er…”

Halmico slouched below the table.

“Alright. So no expansion then.”

“Quoi?” inquired Marcel.

The Head Merchant scanned further down the list.

“Okay. Carthaginian situation… they were kinda annoyed with the Gibraltar thing. Oh, where’s Halmico?”

“He’s slouching.” Said the Greek in a slightly impatient tone.

“He’s not there if I can’t see him.”

“Maybe if you raised your head slightly-”

“Shut it philosopher boy! Think you’re better than me because some of your folks wrote plays and invented things?”

“Um, no, I was just-”

“I alone shall determine my reality!!!” shouted the Head Merchant.

The Greek leaned back in his chair in exasperation.

“Okay,” he conceded. “Halmico disappeared magically.”

“Quoi?” asked Marcel.

“Excellent thinking. Anyway, we’ve talked it over and the Carthaginians seem to be okay with us for the time being. Anyway, economy is next.”

Sebertkfu placed some scrolls of his own on the table.

“With all of our new trade contacts and our establishment as a banking haven (cue Wilhelmus Tellus’ angry glare) we are… obscenely rich. Up to our necks in gold. I suggest we become a corrupt government and spend it on building big houses.”

“Hmm,” considered the Head Merchant, “I don’t think that would be enough. We must find another use. I know! Let’s build a military fleet!”

“Better idea.” replied Snebertkfu, “Let’s give the money back as tax refunds, giving our people more capital to establish further trade routes and invest in the state, further strengthening our economy.”

“It’s complicated and I don’t understand it… so it must be genius! Good work Snebwhatever. You can have an extra large house. With gold details.”

The other council members scowled at the Egyptian. Marcel made another inquisitive statement.

“One final bit of business. Where did those guys come from anyway?” asked the Head Merchant, waving at the anachronistic Europeans and the figure in the trenchcoat, who at the time was eating a raw fish. “They just showed up on the list last week and I don’t have an eraser. It’s creeping me out. Furthermore, I don’t have a clue what they’re saying. The funny moustache guy only says ‘kwa’ and… oh wait, the other guy has a funny moustacne too. Anyway, all I ever hear from is something that sounds like ‘auk neeber shleeben bobben’ or something like that. And the trenchcoat is kinda quiet.

“Quack.”

“Touche. Okay, he’s not totally quiet.”

Julio raised his hand.

“Yes?”

“From what I say, they came with the trenchcoat guy. In a big blue flash.”

“Like an energetic gateway through time and space, which instantaneously transported the three from a vastly different situation than our own?” asked the Greek.

“You think you’re so smart, don’t you?” retorted the Head Merchant, “Think you’re better at thinking than me because of your silly pita-eating relative-”

The Greek started beating his head on the table.

“Very good.” The Head Merchant watched with amusement for a moment.

“Anyway, that’s all. Meeting adjourned. And Greek guy-”

Sitting up again, the Greek stared at him with bloodshot eyes.

“My name is L-”

“Don’t bother coming back.”

“With pleasure.”

“And you don’t get a new house.”

I wonder what Malta's government will think of next:hmm:

:lol:

Fin, you gonna update soon?

He was on earlier today...

I sense a war between Cartage and Malta i do

Is Rome up for grabs? If so I will take them.

So... Who wants to take this over?

I would be willing to run it, but the quality would plummet.

It isn't far enough along to warrant a continuation... or maybe it's still in its formative stages and can be taken over.

I'll join if Tycoon continues it.

Me too. I liked this NES

Top Bottom