Finmaster's Brand Old Nes III: The Final Countdown!

Don't be afraid to join in Europe, people, because if you don't there'll be lots of NPC's anyway :p

Welcome Jose and Emu and Adherence! :)

*Dives in before first update*

NATION NAME: China
LEADER / PLAYER: King Cheng Tang of Shang of China (湯)/Tycoon101
TRAITS: Cultural
STARTING LOCATION: The Yellow River in China
NATIONAL BACKGROUND: After the corruption and ineptitude of the Xia dynasty, King Cheng Tang decided that enough was enough. He raised an army of his own, and after eleven wars with Jie, the last Xia ruler of China, he was able to topple the horrible dynasty that was in place before his time. King Cheng Tang started the Shang dynasty that will forever rule the Chinese peoples!

Tycoon if you really want to join in china then I won't deny it, but I'd still suggest some other place, like middle-east for example, there'd be more NPC's there so your nation wouldn't be so all alone and other human nations would be a little closer too. If you start in china, you are likely to be completely separated from the rest of the world.

@all: Update will be removed back to saturday, it appears I have now plans for friday night (me? WTF?!)

Tycoon if you really want to join in china then I won't deny it, but I'd still suggest some other place, like middle-east for example, there'd be more NPC's there so your nation wouldn't be so all alone and other human nations would be a little closer too. If you start in china, you are likely to be completely separated from the rest of the world.

@all: Update will be removed back to saturday, it appears I have now plans for friday night (me? WTF?!)

I think that I would enjoy the challenge of having a totally unique culture/language/idealogy from the rest of the other nations. Besides, I'm not really a fan of conflict, so I think that I will stay in China.

Name Racadonion Empire
Leader Emperor Ryan I
Traits Militaristic
Starting Location Ranopolis (Constantanople)
Background The Racadonians have holdings in Greece and Turkey. They hope to continue their domination of the Eastern Mediterranean unaposed

Thanks everyone for joining, those who haven't can continue to join after the update. However those who join after this message will not make it to the update, as I'm starting it nowish.

Its the night of the lizards and I got nothing better to do..

Propably won't finish until tomorrow, there's a looot of work ahead of me. But I promise one within 24 hours!

EDIT:
STATUS REPORT:
(6:38 P.M.)
Done the map, updated and done the stats for al of Europe. Now I'm off to clean my flat, and then continue. The update should be up on time within the next 9 hours.

King Amirsan of Babylon emerges from the dust!

I think I shall join this NES, after the encouragement of emu to try NES again. The rules are nice and simple (just like the good old days :)), and I've always preferred 4000bc NES, so I hope this one is a success!

NATION NAME: Babylon
LEADER / PLAYER: King Amirsan of Babylon /Amirsan
STARTING LOCATION: Between the Tigris and Euphrates in Babylon
NATIONAL BACKGROUND: In the tradition of Gilgamesh, the cultural Babylonian empire arises from great divisions and weak rulers. King Amirsan has taken the throne and promises great development and culture, and plans on spreading it all throughout the known world.

King Amirsan of Babylon emerges from the dust!

I think I shall join this NES, after the encouragement of emu to try NES again. The rules are nice and simple (just like the good old days :)), and I've always preferred 4000bc NES, so I hope this one is a success!

NATION NAME: Babylon
LEADER / PLAYER: King Amirsan of Babylon /Amirsan
STARTING LOCATION: Between the Tigris and Euphrates in Babylon
NATIONAL BACKGROUND: In the tradition of Gilgamesh, the cultural Babylonian empire arises from great divisions and weak rulers. King Amirsan has taken the throne and promises great development and culture, and plans on spreading it all throughout the known world.
Yay, he's alive! :worship:

UPDATE 0
Year 2500 ABC*

*After Birth of Civilization

Prologue: The Beginning...

Two and a half milleniums ago, civilization was born. Civilization was not as we know it today, though; great empires and strong, nationalistic kingdoms were thousands of years away. Late stone age civilization was simply the first urban settlement. These urban settlements appeared at the same time in Mesopotamia and in the Indus Valley some 2500 years ago. They soon developed into small kingdoms. The age of city states began.

City states soon spread all over Middle-East and India. From there, they influenced Mediterranean barbaric cultures so greatly that around 1500 years ago city states started to appear around the Mediterranean too! Some were started by Mid-Eastern sailors and merchants, some by local barbarian tribes. At the same time, developing trading and seafaring made civilization reach south from Egypt, along the eastern coast of Africa, all the way to Cape Goodhope!

Strong trade networks developed between the civilized world as technlogy advanced into the classical ages of the city-state era. There were (and still are) three important ones: one from Indus Valley to Middle East, another one along the eastern coast of Africa from the Red Sea to South Africa, and a third one around the Mediterranean.

But the times they were a-changing; for in the Indus Valley, cultural assimilation started to unite the small states together around 1500 years ago. The strong Empire of Mohenjo-Daro (named after its capital) was created as the first true Empire. City state after another had to fell under the cultural pressure and power of Mohenjo-Daro, and soon civilizations west from Indus realized that being a small city state was not the best way to possess power. All over the civilized world, a wave of nationality has been shaping the political map since. Nationalistic and religious reasons have made city states unite, sometimes peacefully and sometimes by force. Either way, after a bit over 1000 years since the rise of Mohenjo-Daro, the world is filled with strong empires.

Now civilization is at it's peak. The civilized world is slowly but steadily moving from bronze age to iron age, and kingdoms are stronger than ever. There are still some smaller countries in the world, but the number of them is decreasing steadily. The age of City States is now gone...

and the age of Great Empires has begun.

Europe:

The old, culturally strong Mediterranean powers - Rome, Malta, Racadonia - are still at the height of their power, but new nations are challenging them all the time. Rome's might has already been challenged by Carthage, but so far Rome has managed to stay as the victor in these battles. In the north lies a big question mark called Genoans, who have already conquered most barbarian areas north from Rome. What will their position be towards the Romans?

Malta has gained a lot from this, including a foothold in Sicily, simply by staying neutral. They are very rich now - berhaps even too rich? Other Mediterranean nations are gazing their greedy eyes on Malta..

Racadonia, in the meanwhile, is challenged by the Hellenic Empire, a nation that very firmly admits to want to control the entire Balkan. They see themselves as the people who continue the cultural heritage of Athens, so their cultural history goes back over a millenium despite the fact that as a nation they are somewhat new.

In the west, the Galicians are expanding in the Iberian peninsula - which is disliked by the eastern Valencians, and possibly even by the another newly-built expanding empire of Brittany north from them.

In central Europe, the Bavarian empire has been moved a bit north from Bavaria due to the constant expansion of the Genevans, who have became a strong military power willing to sell their aid to anyone asking it. The culture of Bavaria is rapidly decreasing, possibly because of the newer, perhaps a bit stronger German empire of Leichtigkeiten Reich northeast from them. Reich has already brutally stolen some land from the Bavarians, causing a great grudge between the German nations.

North from the Reich, the Angelns - who have already lost some land to the Reich in recent wars - are doing their best to set up a strong naval trading Empire. They reached the British isles some 100 years ago, pretty much at the same time with Brittany. The British barbarians responded by uniting into the empire of Britannica, hoping to drive the invadors away. At the same time, they expanded to the Nordic Peninsula, and have now met the Nordic Empire. Right now things seem to be going moderately well for the rulers of the Northern trade routes, but only time will show how other nations will react to their current position..

And in the northeast, the Muscovites have set up their fastly-expanding militaristic nation. Their attempts to reach the Baltic sea were blocked by Novgorodians, who want the commercially important shore all to themselves. Needless to say, the Muscovites are rather pissed.

Africa:

While European nations seem to be on the rise, it seems like the African ones are on decay. Carthage was at the peak of its glory just 200 years ago, before the Romans conquered their parts of Sicily in the Sicilian war. Mainly this was because of the strong Roman culture; the Sicilians themselves rebelled against their Carthagian masters, so taking the area was really a no-brainer for the Romans after that. Still, Carthagians have the potential to continue expanding and growing under good leadership.

The story of Sionist Egypt is a more sad one. Once the mightiest empire of the world, continuous civil wars divided it into three parts. In the north, Sion continues to preserve and cultivate the old Egyptian culture, with good results, as they are one of the most cultured nations in the world. In the middle, Nubia controls the military might of the ancient Egypt, but the soldiers grow vary of the growing culture of their brethren both north and south. And in upper Nile, on the spot where the blue and green Nile meet, Kush is rising to challenge Sion as the holder of the old Egyptian cultural heritage. Their culture is newer, but also very powerful; wide line of libraries have given them technological advances, for example, and they are rising to be a new superpower in the area.

As an interresting curiosity, two of the last city states in the world also have survived in the area. Main reason for this has been their protector, Hedjaz; would Egyptian nations attack Karamana or Gebel, they would immediately face the end of getting access to the long African trade route, as Hedjaz is in total control of the Red Sea. This has also been the reason why the Egyptian nations have recently started to work together instead of continuing the eternal battle between them, altough they have done so with long teeth.

Down the coast of Africa, we meet a line of newly-founded peaceful cultural and commercial nations. Djibouti, Hornia, Kenya, Zanzibar, the two Zulu Empires (upper and lower) and Limpopo are taking the benefits of the new trade routes that have started to expand from the Red Sea all the way to southern Africa.

And in the Southermost corner, we finally meet the Coinagians - the source of the African trade route. Their thriving economy and natural resources - from cattle to gold - have ensured them a good position in the world markets, in fact they appear to be the richest nation in the world at the moment. This position will, however, most likely become nonexistant would there be a cut somewhere along the African coast traderoute, so it is vital for the Coinagians to keep all the nations along the route loyal to them. In the west, Namibians - with the support from Limpopo - are slowly growing to become a threat to Coinage. If not dealt with uttermost care, this threat might destroy the strong Coinagian commerce alltogether.

Asia:

The dawn of civilization was once seen in Asia, at the same time in Indus and in Mesopotamia. In India, the empire of Mohenjo-Daro - longest standing superpower - continues to be among the greatest nation of Earth. In fact its technolgical achivements and richness can't be compared to any other nation! They are, however, on the verge of collapse; they are divided into several different religions, and Persian, Gujaratan, Palian and Lahorean minorities are filling the nation, and neighbours surrounding it are gazing their greedy eyes on the empire on decay..

In the middle-east, the zarathustrist Persian Empire is on the rise. As Mesopotamia has fell into sevaral small nations - actually it has been that way for several centuries now, ever since the fall of Babylon - the only real threat to Persia in the area is Mohenjo-Daro, which seems strong to the outside but is rotten on the inside as nationalistic ideals are shaping the multi-national country.

And Mesopotamia! Cradle of western civilization! The once-mighty Babylon has fell several centuries ago, and now the area is divided between small nations: Ur in the south, Akkad in the middle and Assyria in the north. It remains a mystery which one of these old yet comparatively small nations will gain dominance over the two-river area. As if this wasn't sad enough, the northern part of Assyria has now fell to barbarians in recent raids! The area is very rich and the Assyrians (or whoever gets there first) now has a big challenge in getting the rich area back from barbarians.

Finaly, by the Mediterranean, we meet the rich people of Damascus. One of the oldest city-states in the world (even older than Mohenjo-Daro, some say) developed slowly into an empire, forcing all the Arameans and Phoenicians to fall under their rule. They have not only military but also commercial might, as they are the ending point of the long Asian trade route, and the beginning point of the Mediterranean one. Recently they have turned more and more trade-oriented because of these geographical issues.

Finaly, in the fareast we meet three nations completely separated from the rest of the world. The large China, the bit smaller Yang Empire, and finaly the Koreans are all having not-so-cordinal relations with each other, and only time will tell which nation will turn out to be dominant in that area.

NPC Diplo:

From Geneva
To WORLD:
We are ready to sell our militaristic aid to whoever needs it! 1 gold for a one-turn full military alliance, 2 gold for three turns!

OOC:

About religions: make one of your own, or chooce one your neighbour is having for the next update IF you want to specialize your nation that way. Not a necessity though, you will automatically get some sort of polytheism / paganism in the next update if you don't chooce.

Oh, and I'm giving you a warning beforehand: NPC's will be very clever, and will not be weaker than PC's by any means. They will not give an inch to you in diplomacy unless it benefits them and will be as devious, aggressive and backstabbing as is required for them to reach their goals of world domination. Since this game is not so much about long orders as I have the 1 PM maximum regarding orders, I am going to try to make it challenging to you diplomatically ;)

That is also the reason why the map might seem a bit crowded. I'm expecting the smaller NPC nations to be dead soon - at least hoping, because it really is a ***** to update with over 30 NPC nations on the map :p

RULE CHANGES:

-Trade routes exist even though they aren't mentioned in the map, they are part of your economy and are likely to become more imporant in the future as nations are advancing and making more and more contacts with far-away nations.
-Removed science, the template is getting too crowded especially as I made the tech level somewhat complicated. All the tech you have is now in technology level. The higher the technology level, the higher is also the education/science level.
-There will not be UU's, to ensure it won't get too complicated for me. Use one in your stories / orders if you want, though.

NEXT DEADLINE:

Wednesday 1 PM gmt+2, don't miss it.

P.S. Don't be expecting this long updates in the future, this was long because it sums up 2500 years of civilization history, in the future we are going to see only 50 years at a time :p

Map oughta be here soon

Attachments

• World_0.png
    World_0.png
    118.4 KB · Views: 94
Finny dont you think i would of fought these colonisation attempts of Britain. I protest this.

EDIT: Not only that but you renamed my Empire!

PC stats are done, as well as European NPC stats, the rest will have to wait until tomorrow.

@amirsan: sorry you couldn't make it, it was too late. Join Ur, Akkad or Assyria, or start a rebellion in Babylon.. or join somewhere completely different, those are your options now.

@sheep: WTF are you talking about?

I joined as Mercia..... last page or the page before that, BEFORE the update.

Not only did you disregard this, and rename the empire, but you allowed Britian to be invaded and parts of it occupied, when I would of fought for this territory.

NATION NAME: Sion
LEADER / PLAYER: High Priest
STARTING LOCATION: The Nile Delta
NATIONAL BACKGROUND: The Sionists are a relgious proto-theocracy, cultural masters of their own domain. Will write more when I am not tired.

Is that so? :p

Yeah sorry, I just got yours and Kamilian's nes mixed up.
Having said that nice update! haha

Top Bottom