First Look: Scythia

Also I think this marks the first 'first look' for a civ that actually explains their Agenda.

Why does the (probably) older yellow/purple build have that neat nomadic style architecture, but the (probably) more recent beige/red build have an Indian style? What happened to that other style?

India and Scythia have the same architectural style, at least what has been seen so far.

:-\ I hope that doesn't end up being the case. I know they have a million priorities but making art assets as unique to civilizations as possible I feel like is worth it.

If anybody thinks Scythia was not significant tribe well then I recommend article about Scythians from English wikipedia

......I feel like she is too white in appearance......

Also +1 to the horse unit that doesn't require horses is silly. Either
1) Give the civ 2 sources of horse for free
2) Strong start bias to always start near horses
3) Give the civ a tile improvement so they can "discover" horses (Remember civ IV mines could find iron after the mine had been built, this is actually also possible to mod in V just with the xml too)

Seems like an unnecessary hassle but I see where you're coming from. Keep in mind the Huns had the same ability with their horse archers.

:-\ I hope that doesn't end up being the case. I know they have a million priorities but making art assets as unique to civilizations as possible I feel like is worth it.

Well, it looks like they made a unique asset for them, but then switched them to the Indian? :confused:

PeteMurray tweeted this

https://twitter.com/FXSPeteMurray/status/763027033584697344

"Civ VI
Monty: Hey scrub. Give me your lunch money.
Me: But...
Monty: I'm gonna
Tomyris: GONNA DO WHAT, PUNK
Me: hi5s Tomyris"

Seems like she might be a great ally instead of a warmonger, which is an interesting twist.

Well, it looks like they made a unique asset for them, but then switched them to the Indian? :confused:

Where are you getting this India thing? Links?

First thing I'm modding into the game is for Monezuma to say "Hey Scrub. Give me your lunch money." when he threatens you.

Seems like she might be a great ally instead of a warmonger, which is an interesting twist.

Yes, I think her agenda really favors this. As Pete Murray implies in his tweet, if someone declares a surprise war against you, Scythia will be pissed. And if Scythia is already your declared friend or ally, she will most likely DoW your enemy. You can sit back and watch Scythia unleash her horde of mounted archers against your enemy.

In the video for Scythia, compare :30 and 1:00. There was an earlier picture of the same (Indian) architectural style in an article a while back.

But look at :49, red/brown borders and round buildings, so there's no consistency. But I think it's safe to say we'll be getting round buildings.

Yes, I think her agenda really favors this. As Pete Murray implies in his tweet, if someone declares a surprise war against you, Scythia will be pissed. And if Scythia is already your declared friend or ally, she will most likely DoW your enemy. You can sit back and watch Scythia unleash her horde of mounted archers against your enemy.

My mind is already figuring out ways to counter this... by blocking her support through a bottleneck or distracting her in some way...

did they call in indian though?

I mean, we 'know' Ghandi will be back, but have they let slip any actual Indian art styles or other stuff?

We never got a full confirmation but given how old version fo the game re-cycled colors we saw a screenshot where a civilization had the exact same color scheme as India in Civ 5.

Top Bottom