First Look: Spain

So looks like the 3rd Religious unit really was the Inquisitor. Apostles occupy a pretty awkward space then, with the abilities of both missionaries and inquisitors.

Also love love love the Mission. I was hoping to see something like that.

I'm assuming Treasure "Fleets" also applies to land cities on different "Continents", which if so, could be a huge early bonus given what we've seen on maps. If your very first trade route early game is extra strength, that's an awesome bonus. Big incentive to use that continent lens and straddle lines.

I'm sure it is that way. Make the bonus really good.
Also: I notice a lot of strategic resources on the map in this video.

Edit: why is his name translated to Philip II? I would have preferred Felipe II. Is Pedro just left as Pedro because it would get trouble with the russian Peter otherwise?

Yay I guessed right and found my favourite civ in the base game! Phillip looks amazing and the abilities are quite interesting. Also conquistadors are beyond awesome.

Hmm, so go on a conquering spree but relinquish captured - and thus converted - cities when peace is brokered, win!

I saw a video and I wonder about this: Is the city is now captured if there is no unit inside the city or defeated like Civ 4? I saw some health there and I don't think another melee unit can wipe all those hp at once after first attack.
It might not be final but I really wonder about it. :blush:

allways thought spain ability in civ 5 was lame had nothing to do with spains power colonisation and religious power

Here is Philip II, looking all jolly! :D His outfit is a bit awkward, but he looks really cool in my opinion.

Spoiler :

Unfortunately, we never get to see Spain's icon, but jugding from their colors, it'll probably be based on this.

And finally, here's a little detail: icons for fleets have two stars on top.
Thanks for yet another gif! :goodjob:

I'd prefer they had pictured him without the armor though. He looks a bit similar to Barbarossa at first glance. A typical Renaissance attire (such as the one he's wearing under the armor) would be better for diversity's sake, methinks.

While I am going to miss the extremely random but fun Spanish UA of Civ V, this version of Spain is perfect. The gameplay bonuses just scream Spain! Trade, religion, inquisition, exploration... perfect. I'm even thrilled that Spain appears to be red and yellow (sorry Persia)

Since I want to explore the new religious victory Spain may be my first choice :)

Wow! this is my favourite civ so far!

Powerful and it seems a lot of fun to play! Specially in a continents map.

I wonder if this could be a valid strategy for Spain: holy war on other people, capture/convert cities with conquistadors but return them at the end of the war to reduce warmonger penalty. After each war you would convert a bunch of cities of the civ to your religion, and you would go for religious victory...

While I am going to miss the extremely random but fun Spanish UA of Civ V, this version of Spain is perfect. The gameplay bonuses just scream Spain! Trade, religion, inquisition, exploration... perfect. I'm even thrilled that Spain appears to be red and yellow (sorry Persia)

Since I want to explore the new religious victory Spain may be my first choice :)

I was thinxing the same this civ is suited for a religious victory instant conversion..

So, I take it's safe to say that his agenda is that he hates civs that follow other religions than his own? Because that's basically what Isabella already had in games past XD

The first OP civ.

Top Bottom