First Look: The Development Team Video

I wonder why they always upload a separate video for Portuguese speakers, while the other languages get Youtube subtitles in the international video. :think:

Perhaps they have a Brazilian in house who can voice the videos, but otherwise they depend on translators.

Cool devs and all but

I cringed so hard at the exact SAME STUFF REPEATED ONCE AGAIN
Yes I know you are unstacking cities and adding leder agendas! You said it in like 20 different interviews, videos and previews! And yeah nice to see the same E3 video being still repeatedly shown month after E3!

Oh and next video is about art. Gee how fresh, its not like we had Brian Busatti speaking about art style like 5 times before.

Ehm. Anyway :p I really hope Firaxis will show us something from those few unknown features, like idk, religion, diplomacy, tourism, victory types, warfare, navy, tech tree, nukes, maps, natural wonders, world wonders, city state details, more leaders speaking than Teddy, deserts, tundra,
strategic resources, happiness, you know maybe this stuff isn't as interesting as unstacking cities and leader agends but...

They really should do a hard-core fan only thing every 2 weeks, I understand the need for the boring casual marketing spiel, it's just gotta be. Tactile and Intuitive!

can anyone make out what it say at 34sec Ancient ? Building,

Also 35sec new natural wonders, we see Crater lake we know plus torres del paine
Also 37 is that a French Palace?

Whatever it is, it's very Frenchy architecture. Could also be a Chateau or just French city houses.

I cringed so hard at the exact SAME STUFF REPEATED ONCE AGAIN

The game doesn't have enough things in it to share them in that large amount. Also, a lot of things are a subject of change, so developers try to focus on general concepts. Patience. We seem to have some new resources here and some bits of other info.

Oh and next video is about art. Gee how fresh, its not like we had Brian Busatti speaking about art style like 5 times before.

BTW, do you remember Civ5 used Art Deco as art direction?

I did like the diplomacy UI, very clean and nice looking.

Not much in the rest of the video....

Ehm. Anyway :p I really hope Firaxis will show us something from those few unknown features, like idk, religion, diplomacy, tourism, victory types, warfare, navy, tech tree, nukes, maps, natural wonders, world wonders, city state details, more leaders speaking than Teddy, deserts, tundra,
strategic resources, happiness, you know maybe this stuff isn't as interesting as unstacking cities and leader agends but...

As I recall from the Eurogamer interview a few weeks back, we were promised a big religion reveal by the end of the month, so that shouldn't be too long to wait now, hopefully next week :)

It was a nice video, but yeah, light on new details. Still, where would be the fun if they simply did what we wanted all the time? :p

3:12 Coast tiles have a base yield of 1g/1f.
3:14 Forested plains hill have a base yield of 3h/1f, perhaps forests now are +1f/1h on whatever the base terrain is?
3:17 Scout promotions - faster movement on hills (Alpine) or on forests (Ranger).

Attached a SS of the Japanese GW screen.

Attachments

• Screenshot (18).jpg
    Screenshot (18).jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 269
Am I the only one that thought the Heavy Chariot looked very very Roman?

Do you think that will be the Rome unique unit? I hope Rome gets 2 unique units then. It doesn't feel right playing Rome without Legionnaires.

Do you think that will be the Rome unique unit? I hope Rome gets 2 unique units then. It doesn't feel right playing Rome without Legionnaires.

It could be the ethnic variant for Mediterranean civ units. I thought the horseman looked rather Roman too.

3:12 Coast tiles have a base yield of 1g/1f.
3:14 Forested plains hill have a base yield of 3h/1f, perhaps forests now are +1f/1h on whatever the base terrain is?
3:17 Scout promotions - faster movement on hills (Alpine) or on forests (Ranger).

Attached a SS of the Japanese GW screen.

Something interesting about the GW screen. Says the "Portrait" (by 'Concept Artist' of course) is displayed in History Museum

We've seen a Heavy Chariot lsited in the Chinese, it's a regular unit.

We've seen Heavy Chariot in Chinese list of units to build. We even speculated about them being Chinese UU, but with this concept, they are clearly universal unit. Looks like they'll have civilization variation, though.

Something interesting about the GW screen. Says the "Portrait" (by 'Concept Artist' of course) is displayed in History Museum

It's not in-game screen, it's UI designer work with placeholders. Just look at the halberd being called "portrait".

Aztec colors @00:35?
Could well be, the architecture shown at 34 sec. is decidedly meso-american! I was going to say Mayan architecture, but this is most likely the Aztech palace artwork.

Other things:

- Great Wall artwork @ 18 sec.
- French chateau?? @ 37 sec
- Scout promotions @ 3.20 sec

You can also see the map of japan on the banner behind halberd and a screen on desktop of Compass

I'd guess it is the Great Works trading screen concept.

BTW, all the times everyone else is listing are ~3 seconds later than the times I see. Are folks watching the international version?

Top Bottom