[R&F] First Rise and Fall livestream on Dec 13th

Hey is that a new wonder in Capitalism? I dont have a picture but I paused when they zoomed past.

What's to the right of the Ferris wheel?
Well if it's anything like our British seaside piers, they would be "Amusements" (which could be anything from coin machines, flip-book animations or wax-works or anything "amusing".)

The fact that you get stage 1 and 2 buildings at the same time is probably so you can catch up and be on par with the Entertainment Complex.

(I still don't like the name "Water Park". Call it a "Entertainment Pier" or anything else)

Is it just me, or did they update the production costs of things? Hwachas having a base production cost of 160 seems rather low for rennasaince era units, especially compared to the 240 productoin cost Musketman, if the wiki is correct that is.

If this is the case, then the game just became a whole lot more playable for the AI who seem to struggle with production in general...

Given that there are more things to build in this expansion, I was assuming they have to rebalance build costs. Considering production isn't going up in any meaningful way (though I haven't checked if governor bonuses will add to production).

And another two from civic tree
The bottom one is a building rather then a wonder. Must be the 3rd building for the "Water Park"; looks like a stage for aquatic shows like Whales, Dolphins and Sealions to me.

Well if it's anything like our British seaside piers, they would be "Amusements" (which could be anything from coin machines, flip-book animations or wax-works or anything "amusing".)
(I still don't like the name "Water Park". Call it a "Entertainment Pier" or anything else)

Would they really put two buildings for one district at the same unlock though? Agreed on the Water Park vs Entertainment Pier (or even just a Pier), btw.

Given that there are more things to build in this expansion, I was assuming they have to rebalance build costs. Considering production isn't going up in any meaningful way (though I haven't checked if governor bonuses will add to production).

Some of the governors indeed boost production, but these boosts are all localized to the city they're governing.

Looks like Polar Station and t3 of the Water Park if I had to guess.

Wait, new theory. As we could see from the Bread and Circus project, Entertainment disctricts now also handle Loyalty. So maybe they got a whole new set of alternate buildings for that.

Would they really put two buildings for one district at the same unlock though? Agreed on the Water Park vs Entertainment Pier (or even just a Pier), btw.
Yes they would put tier 1 and tier 2 together in this case so you can catch up with the amount of buildings for Entertainment complexes.

Wait, lets count, 14 New buildings. 9 for Government plaza, 5 remain.
The 2 at Archaeology or whatsitcalled.
1 at capitalism, 1 at professional sports.

Yes it is :)
That is a building, not a wonder. (You can tell because of the shape of the background; it's a "roof shape" rather then a "star* shape".
Isnt that a building? Alternate building for Entertainment/Water Park? Or maybe, since it is at Capitalism, Commercial hub t3?
I doubt it will be a alt building for the Commerical Hub as I think all of the buildings for each district are either in the Tech or Civic tree; they don't cross over. The CH is in the Tech tree so it won't make sense for a building to be in the Civic tree.

By my count there are 12 governor titles spread throughout the eras, not counting the repeatable one at the end of the civics tree (though I might have missed some). Add in another three from the government plaza and we've got 15 governor titles (barring the wonder that grants them). If unlocking and fully upgrading a governor costs 6 titles, that's going to force some tough decisions on players whether your go tall, wide, or a hybrid of both.

That is a building, not a wonder. (You can tell because of the shape of the background; it's a "roof shape" rather then a "star* shape".

I doubt it will be a alt building for the Commerical Hub as I think all of the buildings for each district are either in the Tech or Civic tree; they don't cross over. The CH is in the Tech tree so it won't make sense for a building to be in the Civic tree.
Fair enough. Then, what Entertainment/Loyalty building could be linked to capitalism? :p

Alright then Im pretty sure that the Chateau Frontenac isnt a wonder then, since it doesnt show up in the late-game civic tree.
The the eight wonders do include the Polar station and the Taj Mahal

Anyway, I think Im set with: 2 buildings for Water park (at Natural history and capitalism) and the Entertainment buildings get an alternate that increases loyalty each (1 each at Natural History(Zoo alternate), professional sports(stadium alternate) and probably construction(arena)).

Does someone have a screen capture of the early part of the culture tree?

Edit: okay, arena alternate is a negative.

Edit2: I managed to view the entire culture tree in the stream recap on twitch, the 14th building is still MIA. Must be in the tech tree.

Last edited:
Anyway, I think Im set with. 2 Buildings for Water park. (at Natural history and capitalism) and the Entertainment buildings get an alternate that increases loyalty each (1 each at Natural History(Zoo alternate), professional sports(stadium alternate) and probably construction(arena)).

Does someone have a screen capture of the early part of the culture tree?

Edit: okay, arena alternate is a negative.
There are definitely three buildings for the Water Park, two are unlocked at Natural History which I am sure off; the ferris wheel is obvious the the "amusements" were also in the initial screenshots at the very base of the pier with same shaped buildings as the building next to the ferris wheel in the civic tree too. The one in Professional sports could be a swimming pool as someone has mentioned, but that's not a thing I recall we have on our piers here in the UK; they would not be water tight enough.

There are definitely three buildings for the Water Park, two are unlocked at Natural History which I am sure off; the ferris wheel is obvious the the "amusements" were also in the initial screenshots at the very base of the pier with same shaped builings as the builing next to the ferris wheel in the civi tree too. The one in Professional sports could be a swimming pool as someone has mentioned, but that's not athing I recall we have on our piers here in the UK; not water tight enough.
The water park comes rather late though, would be unusual for it have to 3 buildings, and 2 of that even unlock with the same tech.

Well okay, unless they are alternates.

Top Bottom