First screenshot from Civ VI!

Status
Not open for further replies.
People that think Civ 6 looks like it's been dumbed down simply don't have the intellect to appreciate its depth. They see this big END TURN button and start crying "Oh, boo-hoo, where did my cities go. where are my tile usage choices!"

Whatever.

For those that appreciate subtle complexity - I looked under the hood, and guess what... There are 48 horizontal by 12 vertical clickable quadrants on that Next Turn button. That's 576 different places to click next turn!

All the haters are probably just blindly clicking without thinking about which quadrant of the End Turn button they are clicking... and that works now because the AI needs improvement. Once the AI is improved and it starts to matter which of those 576 quadrants you click, then you'll all see -- Civ 6 is hands down the best edition of Civilization EVAH!

I completely trust that lead developer Ryan Seacrest will get this right because Take2 BELIEVES in Civ 6.

Plus, did you know it's completely moddable?

Zap, Kael, and Afforess are already talking about mods --- I understand Zap sees exciting possibilities for making the END TURN button into an octagon rather than a rectangle. Afforess is working on expanding the dimensions of END TURN way out to 96 X 24 -- that will be more than 2300 clickable quadrants, people! Kael thinks END TURN could be made into NEXT TURN -- how's that for being highly moddable? ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!?!

All the haters and old people should just go back to their old civs... all the boring micromanagement of "units", and "tiles", and "cities", and "stuff to do" are stuck in the past.

BTW - the best part of Civ 6? I hear it runs on Sid Meier's tears...

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah exactly. People don't seem to get that this game isn't supposed to Civ V.5. I think that whiners and haters shouldn't be allowed to post here, cuz people may actually believe in what they say.

Civ VI is definitely a lot more complex than Civ V. Let's say that your weekly pocket money is $10... Now you can't actually exploit the game by spamming golden ages by collecting happiness. No, now you actually have to make really hard decisions; Should I go to the movies with my friends or should I spend it on a golden age i Civ VI? Should I save my money for a month before starting a new game so that I can start several golden ages in a row? As you realise, there are endless possibilities now. And you have to really think ahead. Too bad you haters just don't get it.

Heheheh this was funny...and I thought GDR were where it all ended! But no ! The Giant Mutant Missile Squids FTW!!!1111

I bet the civlopedia is going to be better than ever. I can't wait to read the section on the x's!

The user Tupisac was kind enough to post an image of the upcoming Civilization VI on the 2k boards:

Spoiler :

Thank you tupisac for this great image!

Here's a link to the thread where it was originally posted:
http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93198&page=9

Also, r_rolo1 posted an image of what appears to be the new strategic view:

Spoiler :

Finally, I discovered some brand new concept art as well as some civilopedia entries:

Spoiler :

The much requested Marine makes it comeback!

Strength: 40
Movement: 2
Hammers: 300
Special ability: Old fashion ass kicking
Tech: Tomb Raiding

Civilopedia:

They're ruthless, they're insanely sexy and they're ready to kick some ass. Armed and dangerious - The Marine units are back! They don't fear getting wet, they don't fear getting dirty and they will do whatever you command them to do. No army is complete without the marines.

Concept art for the biggest and baddest and most awesome unit in the game:

Spoiler :

...The Giant Mutant Missile Mech Squid!

Strength: 575
Movement: 10
Hammers: 20,000
Special abilities: Can swim in water, can rollerskate, has great espionage abilities, can dance and sing kareoke
Tech: Steam Power*

*The player must also have bought at least ten games from Steam and completed at least 50 Steam achievements

Civilopedia:

The Giant Mutant Missile Squid is the biggest, baddest, unit in the game. It's armed with missiles, a big freakin' gun, a terminator claw and last but not least, a deadly bad breath. The squid's arms have rollerskates attached, making in it incredibly quick both on land and in water. If the player plays his own mp3's, the Giant Mutant Missile Squid will start to dance and try to sing kareoke. But the most intersting feature may be it's espionage abilities; The Giant Mutant Missile Squid uses his many arms to collect all the data he possibly can come over.

Actually I think these qre the first Civ network pics.

*Civilization V players had entered a Golden Age*

Happiness +10

Best thread of the month! You made my day :D

Yeah exactly. People don't seem to get that this game isn't supposed to Civ V.5. I think that whiners and haters shouldn't be allowed to post here, cuz people may actually believe in what they say.

Civ VI is a definitely lot more complex than Civ V. Let's say that your weekly pocket money is $10... Now you can't actually exploit the game by spamming golden ages by collecting happiness. No, now you actually have to make really hard decisions; Should I go to the movies with my friends or should I spend it on a golden age i Civ VI? Should I save my money for a month before starting a new game so that I can start several golden ages in a row? As you realise, there are endless possibilities now. And you have to really think ahead. Too bad you haters just don't get it.

:lol::lol::lol:

I bet the civlopedia is going to be better than ever. I can't wait to read the section on the x's!

Movement: 1
Special ability: Center Square Bonus
Tech: Sentience

Civilopedia:

X's make excellent counters for O's and like O's, receive a significant bonus when occupying the center square tile. X's have been used throughout history, beginning with the ancient Greeks who first conceptualized them. Their use continued to spread through the implementation of the Roman alphabet, the implementation of algebraic mathematics. X's have also famously "marked the spot" for 16th and 17th century pirates, and continued into modern times to be a powerful stand-in for anything and everything. X's require that the player have the "click" resource.

Movement: 1
Special ability: Center Square Bonus
Tech: Sentience

Civilopedia:

X's make excellent counters for O's and like O's, receive a significant bonus when occupying the center square tile. X's have been used throughout history, beginning with the ancient Greeks who first conceptualized them. Their use continued to spread through the implementation of the Roman alphabet, the implementation of algebraic mathematics. X's have also famously "marked the spot" for 16th and 17th century pirates, and continued into modern times to be a powerful stand-in for anything and everything. X's require that the player have the "click" resource.

:lol: Hahaha, well done. Except you included useful gameplay info in this entry, which would be out of place as it incurs the chance of actually helping the player. This isn't Civ4, you know. ;)

Heavenly!

Edit: Actually, SuperJay is right. Firaxis will need to remove all useful info before release.

As a old player of CIV series for 25 years, I have to say CIV 6 is the best!

Civ VI is definitely a lot more complex than Civ V. Let's say that your weekly pocket money is $10... Now you can't actually exploit the game by spamming golden ages by collecting happiness. No, now you actually have to make really hard decisions; Should I go to the movies with my friends or should I spend it on a golden age i Civ VI? Should I save my money for a month before starting a new game so that I can start several golden ages in a row? As you realise, there are endless possibilities now. And you have to really think ahead. Too bad you haters just don't get it.

No doubt movies with friends or triggering a golden age is definitely a strategic choice :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hi,

oh boy, I'm really glad so many of you are also eager to play this amazing game!

Anyway, I need to cover my sources and cannot tell you about screwing the cleaning lady - so don't ask me how I got that screenshot. But I can get more :crazyeye:.

One important thing - remember that all this info is highly UNOFFICIAL, game is at a VERY EARLY stage and nothing is really certain. Graphics and UI can change dramatically, since guys are still working on rough concepts. But don't worry, Civ VI is definitely coming to your consoles, iPads, computers and anything that is capable of running a browser, yay! So let's go!

Today I have some exclusive news about gameplay and sneak peek of the BRAND NEW AI!

- NEW REVOLUTIONARY GAME CONCEPTS

Yes, it's going to be a MMO! It will require internet connection, facebook account, steam account and some other accounts with valid credit cards. No plans for single player, but there are great news for those slower-paced builder type fans: Devs are planning to divide the world into PvP and social areas, with interchangeable gameplay modes and lots of DLC!

- NEW REVOLUTIONARY ENGINE

Can you believe that? No more problems with hardware and compatibility! ALL the pre-rendered game content will be stored on the servers and streamed to your browser! Game performance will depend mostly on the bandwidth now. But don't worry, it gets even better! There are rumours about discount coupons from selected providers! Also, as a bonus for those with powerful machines - your hardware will be scanned and the score you get can be added to the actual points in your civ game! Heard something about cities designs depending on hardware running the game. Washington's cities looking like medieval iPods against Gandhi renaissance PS3s, isn't this awesome?

- NEW REVOLUTIONARY AI!

The barbarians, the world, dummy civs and even your very own civ while offline will be handled by the brand new AI! Looks like this time devs won't allow any compromises. They have decided to outsource and pay for the best AI there to properly handle new concepts and diplomacy. This is an exclusive photo showing kernel itself:
Spoiler :

New AI in debug mode, executing advanced boozean function:

Hope I will get some new material soon :)

P.S.: To Bad Brett and r_rolo1 - honestly, guys, hope you got those concept arts and stuff from other source than mine. If it's her you're f*** then I'll f*** kill you m*** and this f*** b*** too with a f*** spoon.

;)

Looking forward to it! I hear that Horsemen will get 20 strength and 6 movement, that the AI will dispense with diplomacy and declare war on you immediately upon meeting you, and that they'll only be programmed to use Warriors and nothing else.

On the downside there seems to be a bit too much content in the game. They really needed to streamline it more with an "I Win" button.

...Just kidding. But great thread! :lol: :goodjob:

This thread is pure win

Civ V is an abomination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom