1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

First screenshot from Civ VI!

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Bad Brett, Oct 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ricci

Ricci Prince

:confused: I'm sorry guys, just noticed a FaceBook icon in a ciVI screenshot. I must tell you I'm new to FaceBook and was wondering if I will need to have an all time connection and an account permanently running while playing the game? If so, will I be able to sign out or disconnect when I'm off playing in order to reload the game later on? Or will I get banned from facebook and ciVI if I Shut down my computer?
    Also, do I need to have certain amount of friends in FaceBook to install the game? And also.. and.. oh I have so many doubts!! Someone could please start a thread about FaceBook FAQs.
    I want to add that I have no problem with neither of the above requirements, these must be the new organic ways of the gaming industry, so be it; ciVI seems so awesome, I can't wait to sign up into FaceBook and making a complete overhaul to my almost new i5 8GB RAM PC just for this beauty, should get that full HD screen this time around if I want to take part of the action.
    Best of wishes to you all fellas!!!:)

2. Zen Blade

Zen Blade Warlord

Brilliant

3. el_hidalgo

el_hidalgo Prince

I want my Giant Mutant Missile Mech Squid! After all, gameplay trumps realism, so why not? :thumbsup:

4. el_hidalgo

el_hidalgo Prince

No need to worry, I'm sure someone will mod in the correct spelling.

5. GKling

GKling Chieftain

So if that is allowed on these forums (don’t get me wrong, I get the joke and think it is hysterical), why did this image I posted a week or two ago get yanked as ‘trolling’? I think the spirit of poking fun at a less-than-smooth launch of a game I am sure will be a classic in time are the same. ;)

Attached Files:

6. Thormodr

Thormodr Servant of Civ Supporter

Lol. Good stuff. ;)

7. Elenhil

Elenhil Warlord

However, I'm sure they will have to publish an additional DLC pack with Farsi-speaking GMMMSs (stuxnet gratis) or 2K will loose a HUGE portion of customers.

8. PibbZ

PibbZ Paladin

hahaha :lol:

9. falconne

falconne meep

I did an advanced search on the forum for posts created "In the future" and found this in the "Civilization VI" section:

"All you haters are forgetting that Civ V was in the same state on release; Civ VI is a different game and it will be great after a couple of expansions."

10. DiabolicX

DiabolicX Chieftain

Awesome. :lol:

All we need now is a poll asking if civ 6 has been dumbed down.

11. zuraffo

zuraffo Warlord

priceless!!!

12. rav009

rav009 Chieftain

holy thread!
    autograph

13. gunter

gunter King

This is brilliant because that's not trolling but that's close to the reality therefore it must be considered " irony " .

Excellent ;) :) :D :crazyeye:

14. Solarus

Solarus Chieftain

Witty and most entertaining....:)

15. AljayBoy

AljayBoy Warlord

:goodjob: Kudos to the creator and also to the OP for bring it to CivFanatics. :goodjob:

16. man-erg

man-erg Warlord

Brilliant!!!! Right now a 2K executive is looking a that screenshot believing he's seen the future of gaming.

17. DuseCutter

DuseCutter Chieftain

Very funny!

And kind of sad that Civ can be EASILY ridiculed in such a manner.

18. zonk

zonk Prince

People that think Civ 6 looks like it's been dumbed down simply don't have the intellect to appreciate its depth. They see this big END TURN button and start crying "Oh, boo-hoo, where did my cities go. where are my tile usage choices!"

Whatever.

For those that appreciate subtle complexity - I looked under the hood, and guess what... There are 48 horizontal by 12 vertical clickable quadrants on that Next Turn button. That's 576 different places to click next turn!

All the haters are probably just blindly clicking without thinking about which quadrant of the End Turn button they are clicking... and that works now because the AI needs improvement. Once the AI is improved and it starts to matter which of those 576 quadrants you click, then you'll all see -- Civ 6 is hands down the best edition of Civilization EVAH!

I completely trust that lead developer Ryan Seacrest will get this right because Take2 BELIEVES in Civ 6.

Plus, did you know it's completely moddable?

Zap, Kael, and Afforess are already talking about mods --- I understand Zap sees exciting possibilities for making the END TURN button into an octagon rather than a rectangle. Afforess is working on expanding the dimensions of END TURN way out to 96 X 24 -- that will be more than 2300 clickable quadrants, people! Kael thinks END TURN could be made into NEXT TURN -- how's that for being highly moddable? ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!?!

All the haters and old people should just go back to their old civs... all the boring micromanagement of "units", and "tiles", and "cities", and "stuff to do" are stuck in the past.

BTW - the best part of Civ 6? I hear it runs on Sid Meier's tears...

19. anti_strunt

anti_strunt Warlord

I hear he does good work. I am glad we could finally get a real pro on this series, which has always been about a great concept hampered by second-rate developers.

20. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

Maybe they could even hire a certain Meier dude that made some good TBS games in the past :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.