First win on King with Pachacuti

logiboy123

Chieftain
When I first got Civ5 about a year ago there was a lot of stuff I thought was wrong with it. The lack of religions was very annoying. So I didn't play it much and thought I'd wasted my money.

A few weeks ago I logged into Steam and there was a massive update, so I thought I would watch a few youtube "Let's play Civilization 5" games. The commentator I found most interesting to watch is a dude named Bibor;
http://www.youtube.com/user/biborkiraly

Inspired by Bibor's games I decided to play again. I won several games on Prince and enjoyed myself quite a bit, so after watching his Inca game I decided to try his strategies. I didn't reload any games, I just played straight through using his strats and I won with a Diplomatic victory.

Game started with Pachacuti quite a way from everyone else, so I went settlers and Wonders in my capitol with 1 Slinger per city for defence and some scouts to check things out.

Eventually I got so many Wonders (I had Marble from the start) that two civ's decided to attack me. This was roughly mid game and I just so happened to be building 2 Trebuchets, so I built a 3rd and upgraded all my units. After smashing the invasion force I launched out and took over 2 more cities, then for peace the race gave me another 2 of their cities, bonus! Trebuchets are awesome as a defensive unit, just got to keep something in between them and the enemy.

Now I was way ahead. I just kept investing in cities, upgrading units and doing research agreements. It was a bit boring, but a win is a win. By turn 364 I had won by Diplomatic victory, I got 10 votes where I needed 9. I was earning roughly 200+ gold per turn and used this to keep alliances with the city-states.

Thanks Bibor. You rule man. Keep the movies coming please!

Games are always fun when doing long modes
try epic it's fun

Top Bottom