Five take on the world revisited (5CCC - deity)

microbe said:
You are fast! :eek:

Why are we building granaries in the two cities? We only need 3 more settlers, and AIs are expanding to us crazily. Maybe switch Pasargadae to settler?

Yes, that is certainly possible. I started a granary but knew that there would be time to swap. The other city needed a granary first imho (EDIT: it wouldn't grow fast enough for settlers).

This the kind of map we get when we use the first save :)

We need to secure that ivory and we can shift city placements as usual when we settled down and whacked some foes. The ivory will be important more for the lux itself than SoZ. And there's probably more ivory around.

I wish I could've scouted the ivory area before I founded that town, then the city would sit one NW. :gripe:

There are iron and horse in another spot to the NE, if we can grab that it would be a saver. We can only try, but as Aggie said, we will probably be beaten to it.

Bongo pops the other GH and surprisingly find more angry barbs.
We are playing deity, and you are surprised we got barbs?

=====================================

Civ feast overload continues... Still trying to finish 5 in my world map game.
I got it.

LKendter said:
We are playing deity, and you are surprised we got barbs?

I will try be more clear in my sarcasm next time, mate :)

Reason why I popped those huts? They were too close to our borders and if an other civ pops them and get barbs, it can cost a worker. I rather get rid of them as long as there is backup defense.

1910 BC
I whip the settler in Pasargadae to get another city sooner.

My dreams of an iron and horse city already end as Sumeria builds a nearby city.

Summary:
We may be playing the 4 1/2 city challenge.
I can't believe I am playing Persia without iron. :cry:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/5CCR-1750BC.zip

Next post has my proposed dot-map.
Blue dot is to get 2 bananas, and the wheat.
Red dot has way more overlap then I want with Pasargadae, but we are incredibly squeezed for city zones. IMHO a squeeze city is better then no city.
Yellow line is the path the warrior / settler in the picture have followed.

This looks even more difficult than the first installment.

We should lower the lux tax and science to 0%. We are losing money now. Also, a warrior should go east and look for the two remaining civs. A couple of civs have mathematics already and Sumeria has Poly. Looks like we will be fighting Aztec Ancient Cavalry.

ROSTER:
gozpel
Aggie
LKendter
Hotrod0823--away until Sunday - on deck
microbe------up
CarlosMM

We should lower the lux tax and science to 0%. We are losing money now.
The cash issue will fix itself as soon as build the 2 new cities.

Looks like we will be fighting Aztec Ancient Cavalry.
The Aztecs seem tech backwards at the moment. If we time it right we still may have a chance at Zeus.

We also have the advantage that the Aztec may take to long to connect the Ivory. In our horrid resource situation we really need Zeus.

preturn: drop sci to 10, but continue the min research. It will be completed in 18 turns.

We have no resources..

IBT Japan completes Oracle.

(1)1725BC: Arbela and Antioch are founded.

Pasargadae should switch to 3fpt for the same spt.

I set Arbela to temple and start chopping the forest.

(2)1700BC: ZZZ

(3)1675BC: ZZZ

(4)1650BC: We can afford either Math or Writing now, and Aztecs has a worker for sale, so it's time to trade. I buy Math from Sumeria with 174g+3gpt. Math + 1gpt to Vikings for Writing + 5g. Math to Aztecs for 20g + worker.

Totally 149g+4gpt for two techs and a worker. We are at tech parity! Min research on Lit of course.

IBT Persepolis settler->rax.

(5)1625BC: Sumeria and Vikings have Map Making. Wow, I just did the 2-fer in time!

(6)1600BC: Netherlands and Japan get Map Making too. Netherlands doesn't have Poly, and Aztecs has the same techs as us, everyone else has 2 more.

IBT Netherlands demands 20g, I cave.

(7)1575BC: We are blocked by Japanese units in the east, so I move the warrior to north hoping to walk around America's border.

(8)1550BC: Aztecs has Map Making too. Looks like it researched this tech by itself. That's good. :)

(9)1525BC: We just beat Aztecs to the spot. But there is a stack of 5 units next to us.

(10)1500BC: We found Gordium. It overlaps 3 tiles with Pasargadae, but what can we do. I thought about settling it 2 tiles NW to the horses, but I think the city in the fog is Aztecs capital, and we have no way to steal the horses or win the culture war with it, so I cancelled that plan.

We now have 5 crappy cities. Aztecs seems the best target, but it has both resources while we have none..

Do we want a prebuild of Zeus in our capital? We can only use Pyramids, as ivory hasn't been online yet. It should be online in about 16 turns if we whip the temple.

1500 BC (0): Oh my we are tight with our 5 have no iron and are 45 turns from Lit. A long shot IMo and I consider shutting it down. Well dropping to zero gains only 1 gold so min research it is. Now to see what we are building. Temples and barracks. Let it go as is for now.

Vikes start Great Lighthouse and Sumerians the Pyramids.

1475 AD (1): Wanding units move but nothing is new or exciting.

1450 AD (2): All is quite. Except the fact that if anyone attacks we are done.

1425 AD (3): More of the same.

1400 AD (4): Need MP or a temple in Pasargadae. Decide to swap to a temple but can be vetoed. Japan now has CoL all alone.

1375 AD (5) Persepolis builds a barracks and starts a warrior for quick MP duty and future Immortals.

1350 AD (6): Well tech just exploded. Japan got Philo. Aztecs now have Philo and CoL. Sumeria got construction and CoL. Vikes have Philo and CoL. And the Dutch are only MM and Poly ahead of us. We can afford nothing.

1325 AD (7): Persepolis builds a warrior starts another. Continue to try and bring warriors home.

1300 AD (8): The Dutch are warring on Summerian territory. More movement. Started to try and connect our last city. We are desperate mode for units and workers.

1275 AD (9): Persepolis is conintuing the warrior parade but really needs a temple sooner rather than later as well. Monarchy is out and Japan has started HG. I whip the Arbela temple and it will bring on the Ivory in a few turns.

1250 AD (10): Arabela builds a temple and starts a worker. Sumerians build Temple of Artemis. Swap Persepolis to an archer to better utilize the extra shiels being size 4 does for us. We can risk a whole lot now and start a prebuild for Temple of Zues but I would lean against it but will leave that up to the next player. We can start a prebuild now and the ivory would be online in 4 more turns. Swapped Pasargadae back to barracks so if we do go for Zeus we have at least one barrack town.

During my turns I tried to do that but Japanese blocked the choke with an archer (?) and a worker working on a tile. I could have waited for the worker to go away and sign RoP and enter, but we were broke and couldn't afford an embassy, so I gave up and move to the north before America seals its border, hoping to meet somebody there.

Too bad we don't have a coastal city, otherwise we could send curraghs.

I can only play on weekends for the next 2 weeks, due to work commitments during the school holidays.

Top Bottom