Five take on the world revisited (5CCC - deity)

I have been looking around the game for 2 hours yesterday, and one more right now.

The only feasible path to iron seems to me: get a stack of archers and spears large enough to ENSURE the ability to raze Erech.
then, we could found a city on the green dot. razing the other sumer town and the dutch town would guarantee horses as well!

what do you all think about this? What city should we abandon for a horse&iron city if we do go that way?

aargh, an annoying thing just happened: I got a C3C crash, the autosave is corrupted, and replaying by my notes has Japan establish an embassy with us just before I'd do it the other way round! grrrrrrrrrr! And I had even uploaded the pic of the cap already!!!!!

OK, as all the others seem not to have an opinion on this......

(1) - 1225 BC: I decide to go for SoZ.

(2) - 1200 BC: Amsterdam completes the Pyramids, Beijing the Mausolleum

(3) - 1175 BC: Trondheim has the Great Wall. The Aztecs have Ivory online now. NL is quite backwards in

tech, but I can't get any tech to 2fer! The Japanese establish an embassy.

(4) - 1150 BC: Ivory hooked up! Lux to 0% nets us 3 per! SoZ in 19!

(5) - 1125 BC: still there is no 2fer possible, as the prices asked for techs we could sell are too stiff and the Dutch will not give us either MM or CoL for the rest of our income I fear. I want to get rid of our money for now, as extortions can't be far away, but on the other hand we should save some for upgrades - if ever we get iron. Lux back up to 10.

(6) - 1100 BC: Sumer demands 24 Gold and gets them. :mad:

(7) - 1075 BC: 60 Gold get us ROP with Japan. I start roading a marsh to make unit transfer between perse and Arbela faster.

(8) - 1050 BC: a Japanese Worker still blocks our warrior! :aargh:

(9) - 1025 BC: the Sumerians raze the Dutch town near Horses/Iron! Now, if we found a town there that does NOT give us access to either res, but it allows us unit transfer to a kick-off position near Erech - Pasargadae starts settler, due in 4! Maybe we are lucky, though I do not want to make the choice whether to abandon a city for this or not! We would have to abandon Gordium, our road to Horses if for some reason my Erech-iron plan is a nonstarter!

(10) - 1000 BC: Tenochtitlan gets the Great Lib - wow! This really surprises me! Ur comes in second and

gets Hanging Gardens! Viks start SoZ! We have 13 to go!

say, aggie, would it be inacceptible by your rules to settle in enemy lands? if NOT, then we can settle next to the Japanese Horses, pulling them into our 9. Just a thought.

the save

oh, that's what 'enemy' means in my definition ;) So we could go to war and settle next to the horse, or on it?

Viks start SoZ! We have 13 to go!

Hm, this is really bad. Under deity they only need 120 shields. If they have 10 spt they'll build it first from scratch. If it's a cascade then we'll probably lose too. We probably need to do an investigation or embassy?

My thoughts exactly!

Well, I can't play, but I'm still allowed to lurk, ain't I?

Where are the Vikings building it and what size etc?

bad news, good news.

all my autosaves are corrupted. :(

but the :) news: we get a settler in 3 turn, we can add him to Persepolis. Also the town will grow , adding more production. I think this may shave 4 turns or so off. I do NOT remember a prebuild in Reikjavik, so we SHOULD be save unless another civ switches!

IHT: I'm going to try this suggestion of carlosMM and join that settler.

IT: Japan finishes the Great Lighthouse. This will surely lead to a cascade and the end of our Zeus hopes :( Antioch: worker->worker.

Turn 1 (975 BC) Not a lot to do...

Turn 2 (950 BC) I can't help thinking that we missed a couple of tech 2fer opportunities. First time that I was up things were looking good, but now it's hopeless on this front.

IT: Pasdargadae: settler->temple.

Turn 3 (925 BC) The Vikings are now building Zeus in Bergen. I build an embassy for 59 gold. Then I investigate Bergen to see that they need:

The Aztecs haven't connected the ivroy to their capital yet.

IT: Antioch: worker->worker.

Turn 4 (900 BC) I won't join the settler. We are quite sure to get Zeus and the Vikings have nothing to cascade. Lux needs to go to 20% for our capital.

Turn 5, 6 (875 BC, 850 BC) :sleep:

IT: Arbela: barracks->warrior.

Turn 7 (825 BC) :sleep:

Antioch: worker->worker. Sumeria sends a SoD to Utrecht :D

Turn 8 (800 BC) Our vulture-settler goes to see what is happening in Utrecht. We can FINALLY move our warrior in Japan.

IT: The Sumerians move away :( Arbela: warrior->warrior.

Turn 9 (775 BC) :sleep:

Turn 10 (750 BC) Too bad that Sumeria doesn't go for Utrecht. They get distracted by the odd Dutch spear in their territory. Should Utrecht be razed, this will be an excellent spot (a lot of rivers and dyes). Which town should then go? We have Zeus in ttwo turns...
Sumeria just got into the MA. The tech situation is quite bad. We still need to meet two other tribes desperately. There's also a little possibility for a 2fer with the Dutch.

I am missing it, or is a save buried in the post somewhere.

If I remember correctly I am next, but I need a save to play. ;)

750 BC (pre-turn)
I cancel a worker mining a hill by the Capitol. We are nowhere close to being able to use 3 hills.

I ship the Viking $14/turn and $158 and get Polytheism.
I ship the Netherlands Polytheism and $1/turn and get Philosophy and Literature.
Not a killer 2 for 1 deal, but it does help the tech picture.
(IT) You have got to love AI wars. The Vikings and Sumeria ally against the Aztecs.

I watch a lot of Sumerian and Dutch troops die. :D

The Aztecs start Zeus - sorry boys, but you are way too late.

730 BC
(IT) The Aztecs demand $18. I tell him he can kiss my cash.

690 BC
There is a Zulu Impi next to our exploring warrior in the Viking lands. [dance]

The bad news is they are up 3 techs. The good news is that we can now get tech at 6th civ prices.

670 BC
It sometimes works out in your favor to be kicked out by the AI. Our warrior has a new area to explore, and we know where Zulu lands are.
(IT) Japan and Sumeria ally vs. the Aztecs.

650 BC
(IT) The anti-Aztec dog pile continues as Japan and the Zulu ally vs. the Aztecs.

630 BC
(IT) The Sumerians are building Sun Tzu.

610 BC
I disband a regular warrior to avoid negative GPT.
(IT) Sumeria declares war on Japan.
Aztecs and Viking make peace.

590 BC
We badly need to get more techs, and more buildings to work on.
(IT) Demand havoc continues as Japan sucks $20 from us. That leaves us with $3 making $3/turn.

Summary:
We desperately need to get Currency and Republic. With just one lousy luxury, and no resources I see no easy way to get this game moving in our favor. I think we are going to have to gambling on a few AC beating someone up for some pointy stick research.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/5CCR-550BC.zip

Top Bottom