Five take on the world revisited (5CCC - deity)

great play!

can we perhaps, as the Aztecs have so many enemies, DO go for that Horse they have? Beat them up with ACs, nab the Horse and demand maybe a tech or two in peace?

Rescueing from page 2.

Still looking for Hotrod to play.

preturn: it seems we are running out of building tasks. Capital is set to wealth as we are making only +2gpt and already over our unit support.

I disband a warrior.

IBT Vikings demand 8g. I cave.

(1)530BC: not much.

IBT Japan and Aztecs start Sun Tzu's.

(2)510BC: lower lux to 20. Disband Biggles.

IBT Vikings and Aztecs MA against Sumeria!

(3)490BC: I disband a scouting warrior.

(4)470BC: I decide to hire a taxman in Pasargadae and lower lux to 10. Making 13gpt.

Zulu has not Monarchy.

I don't see us getting out of the tech hole in any near future. Everybody has 5 techs on us! The only way I see is to extort techs from the AI.

IBT Sumeria starts Knights Templar!

(5)450BC: We are making 16gpt now.

(6)430BC: Aztecs start Knights Templar too.

(7)410BC: ZZZ

IBT China declares on Japan. We haven't met them.

(8)390BC: ZZZ

(9)370BC: Our hopeless scouting warrior finally gets something useful: Chinese units surrounding Izumo!

And the great news is: it has CoL, Map Making and Construction up us while lacking Polytheism!!!

I get CoL + 4g by Polytheism.

We can get CoL or Map Making directly, but need to pay gpt for Construction or CoL + Map Making. I decide to get CoL and save the gpt, hoping for other 2-fer opportunities, then start min on Republic.

IBT China captures Izumo.

(10)350BC: Not much.

I have been preparing to declare on the Dutch, but I've not seen Sumeria/Netherlands fight in the past couple of turns. I am afraid they've made peace. This would make the war much more difficult. Anyway I put 3 AC next to Utrecht. We may still try. We may be able to raze it and get a lux, but we won't be able to hurt it enough to get a tech.

I disband our scouting warrior.

If we would be able to enter the middle ages, we will get a free tech. There are 2fers available. But I fear that we have missed the boat regarding a free tech slingshot. We could have articially maximized our income by setting lux and science tax at 0% and all citizens on taxmen. Doing it now is probably too risky, as the AI will have all the MA first level techs already :(

ROSTER:
gozpel--------on deck
Aggie
LKendter
Hotrod0823
microbe
CarlosMM-----up

ouch - me, up?

I'll risk a peek, but if I feel overpower I hope you do not mind me handing it on, aggie?

This holiday week has been very hectic and my time on civ was non-existant.

Had intended to play on Friday but went out with the wife instead and parties/fireworks Sat, Sun and today. :(

I apologize for not getting in to let you all know my time was gone this weekend.

Hotrod

aggie, sorry, but I really would not know what to do in this game.
we can't hang in there, we can't hope to achieve anything with war unless it is very lucky and executed brilliantly.

Personally, I still think going for the Aztecs would be a good idea - Tenoch has the Great Library and is not far from finishing Knights Templar, btw. We'd get horses and that wonder, maybe, if we can just take and hold the city! But I can't see how to do that :(

please skip me!

I hope this isn't a sign of the future for this game. I find skips because of a bad situation very disappointing.

Lee: so do I - but this first war is actually THE biggest thing in the near future of the game. Maybe, if it wasn't a week I expect to work 70 hours in, if I had the time and the ability to fully concentrate - maybe I could pull it off. But now it would mean blowing the game for the rest of the team. :nono:

But you are correct, and I guess I better withdraw from the team altogether. I hope you guys find a way out of the hole - I am sorry I can't help! :(

Hmmm, I wonder if this one really is that much more difficult than the previous version, where we ended up with 4 cities (only 3 decent ones) after a flip. And with our Greek neighbours having the Great Wall. I personally find games where you know 100% certain that you will win boring. For me this game is a challenge...can we actually win it?

Anyway, gozpel is up:

ROSTER:
gozpel--------up
Aggie---------on deck
LKendter
Hotrod0823
microbe
CarlosMM-----skipped (edit: dropped out)

EDIT: gozpel can only play in the weekend? That would make me up...

aggie: indeed it is a challenge - but I am NOT sure I am up to it right now. sorry!

Let's give this one a boost with a discussion! I don't know for sure if gozpel can play, but we need to decide a thing anyway imho. We may be able to raze Utrecht. If we do so, should be settle somewhere over there? And if we do that, which city should we abandon?

After a first glance I vote for settling W of Utrecht OR S of the horses. The horse setlement is a bit agressive, but gives us horses. We don't have to fear the Dutch culture.

We could abandon Gordium, but honestly I think that all cities are at least half decent now.

If gozpel is playing next, please note that the warrior in the NE covers a settler!

Attachments

• 5CCC-350BCempire.JPG
    5CCC-350BCempire.JPG
    299 KB · Views: 168
I think we can mount a strike at Utrech and raze it and replace due south of the horses. That will require Rotterdam and any other surrounding towns to be razed as well. As far as cities that need to be abondoned I would lose Antioch. Right now is it serving as a nice buffer against the Sumerians but not much else. Gordium, Arebela and of course Pasargdae are strong cities atm.

If gozpel is unable to play I can play tonight!

Hotrod

Missed where Aggie edited and said he will take it so.... I will wait until it comes back to me. I will open it and take a peak to give my further 2 cents though.

Hotrod

Only a few more days of real life and then I can play. Friday is the last day of work and then it's back to normal for me :)

I'm itching to play this, but have to be realistic and concentrate on what I'm doing here.

Top Bottom