[FIXED] AI can purchase units in puppet states

subanark

Warlord
I noticed this when I was attacking a city. One turn after my units go into position, a cannon magically appeared in the city. Since the AI had a lot of money this happened a few times. On a side note, when I moved my troops back (not wanting to get destroyed by the cannon) it decided to move the cannon out of the city right next to my troops allowing me to easily destroy it. I think it was trying to move the cannon back to its main empire... by going though my recently aquired territory.

As a side note, after I defeated the AIs army, it was willing to give me everything it had for peace, including the 15 or so cities it had.

In a recent game I completed by UN, I pressed on with my invasion of France.

I have cut through a beach head north of my CS ally. This cut off 2 French puppets that are former English cities. Warwick and Newcastle.

Throughout the war, I kept noticing artillery popping out from that peninsula. Didn't think too much of it. Then I finally moved my destroyers to have a peep.

On the first save, game8jend , you can move the destroyer to see that Newcastle has no units stationed inside. Warwick has an arty (note that I've killed about 5 arties from that direction already. How it still has an artillery is already suspect).

next save game8jend2, you see that Warwick has moved an artillery into Poitier's range and Newcastle suddenly has an artillery stationed inside the city.

:wallbash:

Attachments

• game8jend.Civ5Save
    1,013.2 KB · Views: 168
  • game8jend2.Civ5Save
    1,015.8 KB · Views: 212
Hehe was that comment meant for the devs or for someone to check my save.

Edit: Since thread merge, I can also confirm AI is currently cash rich and buying units in puppet cities appear to be the Modus operandi.

I can confirm it. Loaded up the first save, and put the destroyers in visibility range of Newcastle. As pressed end turn, could see an artillery appear in the city.

There's no way for the artillery to have come from somewhere else.

Top Bottom