[FIXED] Luxury Resource Trading

I also confirm this bug in the latest version. If I have several, I only trade one, but the last two go at the same time, I think. I traded 1 (of two remaining, 6 total) of spices and gems for some ivory, and my happiness went down (!) and my cities started demanding spices and gems....

yeah, I have this bug also.. its not _all_ the time thou and I Can not work out when it does and does not work correctly.

I come across it more late game, and I also find that I get it at the same time I have a city state asking to create a road to my capital which then also never gets recognised.

Almost five months and this bug (or a closely related one) is still alive and kicking. I have a save file I can provide where I clearly have two silks developed. Only one is being traded in my current deals and yet silk is not included in my happiness count and the AI's keep offering me silk in trade.

Oh my god! This bug is still alive and kicking. The bug has been alive for so long and they have not fixed it?

I think you are a bit too quick in naming a legitimate game mechanic a bug. Here are 3 screenshots showing that it is in fact working as intended. (from the same game save and game turn)

Screenshot 1 shows Isabella wanting 6 ressources for 1 silver. (1:6 deal)
Screenshots 2 and 3 show seemingly same picture in trading 1 ivory vs 1 sure, with Oda refusing in one and accepting in second. How can this happen?

Quite simple, in third picture i press the SHIFT button, which, since the beginning of time means portionalizing something. So in he refuses because i offered him a 1:1 deal, and accepts if i offer him 6 sugar. Just like Isabella.

So you all have the resources disappeared because you traded for all of them and not one. They just happen to be the same one, and not different.

Isa
Oda accepting
Oda refusing

This is very confusing to me. I didnt press any shift button. And shouldnt there be some way to know how many sources of one resource Im trading? I think there should be a number clearly showing what Im trading.

For example:
whales (1) or
whales (2)

Anyway pressing shift button doesnt do anything so I dont understand what you are talking about.

Shift-click on a resource should give only one. I guess the problem is that the the traded amount isnt shown, like it was in Civ4. Which is indeed a problem, but with an interface.

To avoid the problem.. i'd say (from my limited civ5 experience) they want X:1 deals, and if they cant take X different resources, they start taking the same again. With enough different resources i was able to trade silver from Isa and nothing was lost.

Unbelievable, playing today, March 11th, this serious bug is STILL here, after the "great patch".

The bug is here I can confirm,but I don't think it is a bug that involves stucking luxury resources but more likely one that stucks trade deals or other deals,I got stucked in trade deals involving strategic resources and 1 time I got stucked in a peace treaty deal and I could not declare war anymore to that AI,you can see the stucked deal on deals history,they tell you when they finished but the facts don't came back to normal after they did.

Not sure if this is this bug, but half the time it seems like i'm trading 2 of my luxury resources at once.

Say I have 2 gold, and my advisor advises me to sell it to the ottomans.

So, I go to him, ask him what he wants for gold, etc etc, deal is done.

Now, I don't remember what caused me to think I traded both, but I think it was because my happiness went down.

On a related note, on the trade screen, what determines which luxary resources show up on your side?

Say I have salt, gold, fur, wine, and sugar.

If I go to Pacal to trade, gold and wine show up. But if I ask Oda, sugar and fur are there.

On the second part of your question, the luxuries the civ you are trading with can use appear. So if the civ already has crabs then crabs will not appear (but ointment and a very small comb might :p)

On the second part of your question, the luxuries the civ you are trading with can use appear. So if the civ already has crabs then crabs will not appear (but ointment and a very small comb might :p)

So, there's no way to trade for excess luxuries?

you can only trade a luxury with someone who doesnt have it. if you have 4 crab you cant trade/sell 2+ to the same civ.

as far as i know, no. if you have crab somebody cant come to you with their crab for trade. its not even an option if you are suing for peace or demanding it from a civ.

the only time im not sure is if you have 2 crab and trade/sell both away to civ1 and civ2. now you technically dont have any and civ3 comes along with it. i dont know if you can now trade/buy it or not. this is a fairly rare situation where i get rid of all of a resource of mine. my happiness has to be quite high for me to do that.

Definitely NOT fixed, hope you are watching firaxis! (or tell me where to tell them)

Austria wanted to trade for gold. I checked to see I had 2, I did, so I hit yes, and get a happiness drop, and mousing over shows no happiness coming from gold.

I don't have the save, but I have an autosave from like 3 turns before it. Will that help?

Yeah I've been getting this too. Lemme see if I can get some screens on this.

Top Bottom