Flags!

Thlayli said:
Well, I don't really think that I could do it myself...I'm not even quite sure how you made these. Paint?

But let me look at some flags with birds in them, and I'll get back to you.

EDIT: Probably similar to this one here:

Oh, and there should be a removed triangle on the left side. I'm not sure how I could do the Koran, but the two stripes of blue and silver go vertically.

That looks more like the Maltese falcon...
Well, if you can find a decent coat of arms, I can play with the flag for you. But I'm horrible at drawing - even with my stylus/tablet... Though I'm decent when it comes to basic shapes

Arr. Real penguins use Photoshop.

Hey, I got Paint Shop Pro for free, and it works great for maps and editing my avatar. That's all I use it for.

Although I use photoshop at school.

I spent all day on these 2 and the ones posted further on (attachment limit). The first one is for Israel in StkNES5, the 4 quadrants, running clockwise, represent Israel, Madagascar, Kurdistan, and Palestine. The central insignia stands for the kingdom and the purple divider in the middle stands for the monarchy. The second flag represents the province of Israel. The 2 blue stripes are the color of the province while the purple stripe represents the monarchy. The magen david on the hoist side is the emblem of the province, the superimposed insignia is that of the kingdom as in the first flag. Think of it like the Union Jack in British colonial flags etc.

Attachments

• IsraelFlag.PNG
    IsraelFlag.PNG
    24.1 KB · Views: 115
  • IsraelFlag2.PNG
    IsraelFlag2.PNG
    9.5 KB · Views: 119
The first flag here is for the Madagascar and Malagasy Islands province (former nation), also StkNES5. The blue stripe represents Judaism (predominant religion of the province), the green and red stripes are the national colors, the red being the nobility and green the lower class. The emblem on the hoist side is the coat of arms of the province, the other insignia represents the Israelite kingdom.

The second flag represents Kurdistan. The red, green, and gold/yellow are the provincial colors. The blue represents Judaism (the Kurds joined Israel becuase they are Jewish). The emblem on the hoist side is the coat of arms of the province, the sun is a reigio-cultural symbol of the Kurds, the same for the stylized eagle holding up a sun. The eagle also represent Kurdish asparation upward. The white is the fourth color of Kurdistan. The purple stripe down the center running horizontally represents the monarchy. The coat of arms opposite the hoist side is that of the Israelite Kingdom.

Attachments

• Madagascar&MalagasyIslandsFlag.PNG
    Madagascar&MalagasyIslandsFlag.PNG
    13.1 KB · Views: 107
  • KurdishFlag2.PNG
    KurdishFlag2.PNG
    22.8 KB · Views: 119
Looks good Israelite.

Remember, the simpler, the better.

Or at least that's MY opinion.

The first flag is that of the Palestine province (Arabs who joined Israel). Red and green are the Palestinian colors (modern colors are the pan-Arab colors which would be rather inapropriate since they were developed in rather modern times). The falcon in the ccircle is the coat of arms of the province with the falcon symbolizing the desrt origins of the Palestinians. The rays jutting outward represent the sun that dominates the Palestinian landscape. The purple circling the Palestinian coat of arms represents the monarchy. Opposite the Palestinian coat of arms is the Israelite coat of arms.

The second flag is that of the Inner Byzantium province (former Byzantine land, includes Anatolian holdings and Cyprus). The red and olive are Byzantine colors. The coat of arms at the center is that of Inner Byzantium containing the double headed eagle (Byzantium) and the magen david (Judaism). Suplanted on top is the Israelite coat of arms.

EDIT: Thanks Lord Iggy. I gues I did go a little overboard with the symbolisim, but thats what I got for dedicating a day to this.

Attachments

• PalestineFlag.PNG
    PalestineFlag.PNG
    16.1 KB · Views: 118
  • InnerByzantiumFlag.PNG
    InnerByzantiumFlag.PNG
    10.3 KB · Views: 116
The first flag is that of the province of Socotra and the Maldives. Black and white are the colors of the Maldives while blue is Socotran. Blue and red are from both territories. The hoist facing crescent and star are Maldivian, the magen david is representive of Judaism while the black and white striped band repsesents the Maldives. Opposite the crescent and magen david is the coat of arms of the Israelite kingdom. The purple borders represent the monarchy.

The second flag is the of the Ophir province (holdings on the mainland of southern Africa). Green, white, and blue are the traditional colors of the Ophir region (many scholors link the biblical Ophir with the modern Afar people who are traditional represented with green, white, and blue as is shown in the flag of the Afar region in Ethiopia). The purple stripe reprsents the monarchy. The upper coat of arms is that of the province. The three olive brances represent peace, something strived for in the region which has seen rebellion, conquerings, etc. The other meaning connected to the three branches is that each branch represents one of the ethnic groups in Ophir. The central one represents the native Beirlanders, the right hand one represents the Malagasy who came from the east (right-hand compas point), the left one represents the Israelites. The lower coat of arms is that of Israel.

Attachments

• Socotra&MaldivesFlag.PNG
    Socotra&MaldivesFlag.PNG
    13.1 KB · Views: 94
  • Ophir.PNG
    Ophir.PNG
    12.7 KB · Views: 108
Top Bottom