Flags!

That's it. I hope y'all like them. Also, I did these in basic paint. Of course I did not actually creat the graphics and merely manipulated them (of course I used public domain images). Came out good none the less.

Very good work for Paint. Bloody limited program, that is.
If you can find a larger picture of that blue (seven-armed candle - sorry, can't remember the name) symbol, it'd be better because right now it looks rather pixelated.
:)

A flag, not for any country, but for me as a leader:

Blue represents loyalty of my people and army, ( ;) ) yellow represents the wealth, the wolf the readiness to fight, and the D is for my name ( ;) )

THe problem with the menorah is that I had to use a public domain version. The symbol is actually the coat of arms of the modern State of Israel. If someone were willing to make a larger version then I would be exceedingly greatful. If I had a better program and knew how to use it, then I would do it myself. Unfortunately, I don't.

Dreadnought said:
A flag, not for any country, but for me as a leader:

Blue represents loyalty of my people and army, ( ;) ) yellow represents the wealth, the wolf the readiness to fight, and the D is for my name ( ;) )

Victory for the house of Scipii!

Here Silver. I used a proposed alternate flag for the Russian Federation as a base. I believe the red represents Russia (the Russian tricolor and other Slavic flags have red for Russia, blue for Ukraine, and white for Belaruss). The stars represent the citizens of Russia. I put the coat of arms at the center. The crest on the hoist side is that of Moscow. The other is basically the same but it has the Byzantine cross on it, so I used it to flank the Russian coat of arms on the other side. I hope you like it.

Attachments

• RussiaFlag.png
    RussiaFlag.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 165
Not sure but IMHO the red is for Rome (Third one, in this case). ;)

Israelite9191 said:
Here Silver. I used a proposed alternate flag for the Russian Federation as a base. I believe the red represents Russia (the Russian tricolor and other Slavic flags have red for Russia, blue for Ukraine, and white for Belaruss). The stars represent the citizens of Russia. I put the coat of arms at the center. The crest on the hoist side is that of Moscow. The other is basically the same but it has the Byzantine cross on it, so I used it to flank the Russian coat of arms on the other side. I hope you like it.

Awesome!:goodjob: Really great, the combination of the colors and symbols. I espically like the flanking crests. :D My new avatar! Thanks.

@Das- You are correct in that the red is from a descent from Rome. If CRW Flags (aka Flags of the World) is to be believed, then the red for the Russians descends from the Byzantine red, which descends from the Roman red.

Here is another one. This is for the province of The United Regions of Italy (Calabria, Puglia, and Bassilicata, really just Southern Italy). The tree in the octogon is for Puglia, the shield with the blue lines is for Bassilicata, and the Byzantine cross and collumn are for Calabria. The blue field is for all three, all three having blue as one of there regional colors. The green, white, and red are the pan-Italian colors (in the StkNES5 timeline Italy is divided up into a bunch of states, so rather than the colors being the Italian colors, they are the pan-Italian colors). The purple shield on the hoist side is for the monarchy while the Israelite crest appears opposite.

Attachments

• UnitedRegionsOfItaly.PNG
    UnitedRegionsOfItaly.PNG
    20.7 KB · Views: 135
Not to be rude or anything, but the "pile-as-many-symbols-as-possible" approach is not so good as it clutters a flag and makes it look more like a quilt grandma made for me.

Especially with a limited program like Paint, one should keep their designs classy, simple and elegant. Your Palestine and Byzantium designs were nice because they weren't cluttered with coats-of-arms. By contrast, your Israel and Italy flag looks like the patchwork quilt grandma lovingly made for me.

Elegance is the way to go, mate :)

p/S: The reason why the Union Jack looks so cool is because it's a very interesting superimposition of the three crosses, not a pile of flags sewn together.

Good work nonetheless

i dunno what this thread is for....

but i love to make flags (using nothing more than paint) :)

Attachments

• junkerflag.jpg
    junkerflag.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 171
that was the design for the colours of Prussia in Das nes. but the revolution would die out as i was unable to be in the nes.

>_<

stalin006 said:
that was the design for the colours of Prussia in Das nes. but the revolution would die out as i was unable to be in the nes.

>_<

A pity. because you nearly won ;) And sweden fought so hard for prussia as well. Nice flag as well.

I agree with the less clutter = better, if you must have something complex have it small and in the centre/corner of the flag, leaving most of the flag simple colours.

Top Bottom