FlavourMod 2

Can this be combined with the WildMana mod? How would I do that? Install Wild Mana, then this mod into the Wild Mana folder?

Dang, just found the post that said this was not doable without programming skills. :sad:

Nope, unfortunately there is no easy way to combine the two mods, but if Kael decides to import more stuff from Wildmana in the future you might get the full feature pack through the back door, since I'm importing most of the code Kael imports for the main mod.

I'm enjoying this Mod immensely (have used it in all my games). Just a few questions:
-when finding forest for the elves to start in how much forest does the mod look for? Enough to plant one tree hugging city or a big enough forest to start a couple. I've had both extremes, both being put in the middle of a huge swath of nothing but forest and put in a little mini-forest on the edge the desert.
-Could a slight propensity for metal be added for the Lanun? A lot of FFH boat stuff needs metal resources and their hero is on the metal tech tree.

When finding forest for the elves to start in how much forest does the mod look for? Enough to plant one tree hugging city or a big enough forest to start a couple. I've had both extremes, both being put in the middle of a huge swath of nothing but forest and put in a little mini-forest on the edge the desert.

The mod checks an circular area with nine plots in diameter around your starting settler. In general the mod will try to put you in a region with as much forest as possible. But: If there is no heavy forested start region on the map, it may happen you end up in a smaller forest than you would expect to get with an elven civilization. Usually you get best results on bigger maps with a lot of civs.

Could a slight propensity for metal be added for the Lanun? A lot of FFH boat stuff needs metal resources and their hero is on the metal tech tree.

I'll think about adding a small preference for Iron. You can even mod it yourself, if you want to. It's really easy. Just open the file FM_FlavourInfos.py with notepad or any other plain text editor to edit the preferences for each civ.

a fatal ctd. dunno if it is flavourmod related or FFH related. Just in case posted here because of Kael is busy with RL anyway.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0598.CivBeyondSwordSave
    574.2 KB · Views: 77
a fatal ctd. dunno if it is flavourmod related or FFH related. Just in case posted here because of Kael is busy with RL anyway.

As soon as I have my own computer available again I'll look into it for you. Is it a 2.8.2, game or an earlier version?

As far as I can tell from looking at the debugger results is that it might have something to do with the civ4 graphics engine. A call from the exe to get a 3d corrdinate from the dll seems to make the whole thing crash. That doesnt really help a lot, I know, but since I can't even load your save game before the game crashes, I can't really do anything about it. You don't still have a game from shortly before the crash by any chance?

As far as I can tell from looking at the debugger results is that it might have something to do with the civ4 graphics engine. A call from the exe to get a 3d corrdinate from the dll seems to make the whole thing crash. That doesnt really help a lot, I know, but since I can't even load your save game before the game crashes, I can't really do anything about it. You don't still have a game from shortly before the crash by any chance?

sry, not a chance. But I have had crash or two with the latest of your mod, so I'm definitely keeping an eye open.

sry, not a chance. But I have had crash or two with the latest of your mod, so I'm definitely keeping an eye open.

Thanks. I'm not really thinking your last big crash had anyting to do with the latest FlavourMod content but you never know. Anyway I'll try to track the problem down. If it's not helping FlavourMod than maybe it's helping at least Kael and the main mod.

I want to run some auto play games to maybe trigger a crash myself, but I need some more data from you to do so more efficently. Do you remember any other facts about your last game aside from playing a large MountainCoast map with Basium on it? Maybe which other civilizations were in the game or which game options you'd chosen?

Thanks. I'm not really thinking your last big crash had anyting to do with the latest FlavourMod content but you never know. Anyway I'll try to track the problem down. If it's not helping FlavourMod than maybe it's helping at least Kael and the main mod.

I want to run some auto play games to maybe trigger a crash myself, but I need some more data from you to do so more efficently. Do you remember any other facts about your last game aside from playing a large MountainCoast map with Basium on it? Maybe which other civilizations were in the game or which game options you'd chosen?

Classical era start - I wanted to summon Basium quickly:)

Lurchuirp as Basium summoner - lost his mind after I took Basium over ( did not produce anything but gargoyles during the rest of the game after building Barnaxus :(

Sabathiel, Amenlarcher,Van Gosam were remaining.

Keelyn, Hyborem and Os gabella already were hanged for justice:)

Mahala picked wrong side and had to regret it

Agressive AI, raging barbs, permanent alliances, random seed, living world, wildlands, all uniques, AI no level req,no building req blessing of Ama, normal speed.

Map was tectonics, btw.

I also think that those crashes are more Kael's business but I don't think that he is upset when you stick your nose to his stuff:)

oh, and this save is permanent loop, something new

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0304.CivBeyondSwordSave
    504.2 KB · Views: 71
Oh, and this save is permanent loop, something new.

It's a real WoC. Did some quick testing. After removing all Clan of Embers units I was able to continue your stuck game (see the attachement). To narrow the problem down to a single unit is going to be grunt work though ...

Attachments

• ragnar AD-0305.CivBeyondSwordSave
    498.7 KB · Views: 79
Good news! I could narrow the reason of the WoC down to two Clan of Embers Shamans. They try to attack an elephant but some new AI code added to FfH lately keeps them from attack because of low odds. They try anyway and hence become stuck in an infinite loop. Will report it to Sephi.

I have posted the updated code in the FFH Bug thread.

Found a minor issue in the python section of the Flavourmod. Happens when there is no available plot for Maelstrom on the map.
To easily reproduce it, select Flavour Gameoption, All Unique Features and in FM_MAP in
def detectGoodMaelstromPlot(self):

change in
if pArea.isWater() and pArea.getNumTiles() > 25:

the 25 to 2500 (to make sure no water area on the map is big enough, which can often happen on oasis and similar mapscripts)

Thanks Sephi, your new code works fine. :)

And thanks for pointing out the Maelstrom issue, too. I'll take care of it. Can't set it to 2500 though, because the whole point for the special Maelstrom treatment is to put it in a rather small sea to make it more interesting.

Top Bottom