FlavourMod 2

Is there no excel editor for this mod? I use the editor to make a few changes to some aspects of FFH, but for some reason only some of them seem to have carried over to Flavour mod. The leader traits stay, but things like the changes to the yield of marble and the race of the bannor, seem to disappear. If I make changes using the editor in base FFH, will they now carry over to Flavour mod?

Since it is only marginally more complicated to change the XML files directly with a text editor, I decided not to support FfH's excel spread sheet under FlavourMod. Some changes still work, because FlavourMod only overwrites some FfH files, not all of them. It overwrites the XML for civilizations and bonuses but not for traits for example.

Jean Elcard, I'm playing RifE and have been getting frequent (about half the time I had 11 players on a huge map andnearly every time I had 15 players) CTDs during the AI's first turn. I saw speculation in the RifE bug thread that there was something about particular civs that might be causing it. However, I kept track of leaders in games with first turn CTDs and those without and finally had a game today with a CTD with leaders I had seen in games without, suggesting the issue was something else. On a whim, I unchecked flavourmod and have been CTD free the rest of the day, including one game with 30 players.

I don't know what the problem is but maybe some RifE civs are really picky about their starting positions and if their too far down the priority list, they get stuck somewhere the AI can't deal with. Which is more a RifE issue, but I see Valkrionn is like every third comment here, so this is still a good place to look into it.

I've been playing on large or huge pangaea maps with quite a few gameoptions on, All Unique Features, the two for extra orcs and animals, wild mana and mana guardians, I think are all the map related ones.

@Cyrusfan: It is very unlikey, that Rife's Flavour Start option has anything to do with your crashes. If their were a connection the game would crash before the first turn - in the map creation phase. Your problem reminds me of a bug we had in Fall Further quite some time ago, though. There was a problem with the city graphics of a certain civilization (in this case the Svartalfar) and as soon as they founded their first city the game crashed. Maybe their is a similar bug in Rife currently.

Sorry I should have been clearer on that. You've clearly been at this mod a long time. I meant that there might be something new in RifE that's interacting with the results of your mod's placements in a hinky way.

Sorry I should have been clearer on that. You've clearly been at this mod a long time. I meant that there might be something new in RifE that's interacting with the results of your mod's placements in a hinky way.

I knew what you meant, but still, I don't think the Flavour Start option is involved into the crashes, not even in a hinky way. ;) I'm sure Valkrionn is going to figure out the reason of this bug eventually. I don't have enough insight into Rife to be of much help here. Sorry.

Jean, how difficult would it be to allow climates to leave a terrain type?

Difficult, but not too difficult. You could add a new tag group to the ClimateZone XML. Currenty a change from one climate to another leads necessarily to the change of the terrain class as well, because each climate comes with its one <TerrainClass> tag. But you could add a new tag group specifing <AllowedTerrainClasses> for each climate. If the climate changes now, you check, if the current plot terrain class still falls under the allowed ones. If it does, you keep it, otherwise you transform the plots terrain class to the terrainclass defined in the old <TerrainClass> tag. Just an idea how you could do it.

Basically, I'd like to use an Oceanic climate for the Bezeri, where they flood terrain and make Coast. The issue is I don't want Ocean becoming Coast... Any ideas how to prevent that?

Not recommendable. The ClimateSystem was intentionally designed not to support the change from one PlotType to another. There are some complication to changing the PlotType while a game is running, that we modders can't fix without more influence on the inner workings of the graphics enginge. The most prominent problem is probably the inability to force a shadow update. Leads to weard shadows if you remove a peak or change a land plot to water etc. The problem fixes itself, if you reload the game after making a change, but that's definitely not the way to go.

I'm not sure if there are other issues. When I couldn't get rid of the art issue I decided not to investigate any further. If you merge coast and ocean into the current ClimateSystem as non-oceanic climates at very high humidity values for example, and that is what you would have to do, if you want to do what you are planning to do, you might run into issues with nations like the Illians, because they would start to transform ocean into snow. I'm afraid, the differentiation between plot types is quite important.

Flavourmod is incorporated (Different versions, but the actual DLL code for it tends not to change too drastically) into FF, RifE, Orbis, and looks like Wild Mana will have it soon.

FF uses a very old version - No climate system of any kind.
RifE CURRENTLY does as well - Our team build, however, includes the new climate system.
Orbis uses an old version - Primitive climate system (Stepwise, not as good) used only for the Illians.

Version 2.8.3 changelog:
  • Fix: Frequent WoC introduced with the AI changes in patch j.
  • Fix: Rare WoC, if a settler or any other defensive only unit becomes enraged. (they can't get enraged any longer)
  • Fix: Python error if no water area is big enough to place the Maelstrom.
  • Add: Unit combat type now displayed as an icon in front of the name of a unit.
  • Change: Removed the obsolete original FfH Plot Counter code from SDK and XML.
  • Change: If a plot's climate reverts back to its natural climate, temperature and humidity will keep changing until they reach their original natural state as well.
Download link in the first post.

Nothing really big, but I think two possible WoCs less is worth a little release on its own. Thanks to Sephi for the help to fix them.

End of Winter doesn't seem to work for me at all. I've downloaded this latest version, tried various different map scripts, waited several turns (a message further back in this thread claimed that would work) but nothing seems to work. This is the only mod I've installed too so it can't be some kind of conflict.

Top Bottom