Food Manipulation thread

Yeah, it bothers me too, a thread going off topic. I have to decide whether I want to keep a thread on topic, or actually communicate. In the past, on this forum, I have erred on the side of communication, because I know how EASY it is to split threads in civfanatics. Problem is, apparently, there is no active moderator for C2C. I think that is the real problem. Not off topic posts, or the difficulty of splitting a thread, but lack of administration. I assume that it existed here, once, but people have retired or fallen ill or moved on. Maybe it is time to ask that someone else have mod privileges for this sub forum. At least until one of the adults comes back. Or, on the other hand, get a current mod to agree to upkeep duties like that. I've seen here on civfanatics, someone just @'s the mod, asking them to split from post X to post Y into a new thread entitled "ZZZ", and if they recognize the person and it doesn't seem stupid, they do it. Takes seconds of their time.

Though, that has been a while... maybe things have changed?
Unfortunately going Off Topic is very common with all of us modders that work on C2C. I am just as quilty as all the rest are. I remarked/posted because the Food topic is important. But to later find this under the scope of what I started with this thread will be hard later on. Ie Water and Air pollution title does not naturally make one think of Food per pop and it's manipulations. :p

Yeah, it bothers me too, a thread going off topic. I have to decide whether I want to keep a thread on topic, or actually communicate. In the past, on this forum, I have erred on the side of communication, because I know how EASY it is to split threads in civfanatics. Problem is, apparently, there is no active moderator for C2C. I think that is the real problem. Not off topic posts, or the difficulty of splitting a thread, but lack of administration. I assume that it existed here, once, but people have retired or fallen ill or moved on. Maybe it is time to ask that someone else have mod privileges for this sub forum. At least until one of the adults comes back. Or, on the other hand, get a current mod to agree to upkeep duties like that. I've seen here on civfanatics, someone just @'s the mod, asking them to split from post X to post Y into a new thread entitled "ZZZ", and if they recognize the person and it doesn't seem stupid, they do it. Takes seconds of their time.

Though, that has been a while... maybe things have changed?
I'm usually reluctant to ask the site mods for help. Guess I don't like disturbing them.

I'm usually reluctant to ask the site mods for help. Guess I don't like disturbing them.
The get privileges yourself! Seriously. Not everyone in the C2C subforum agrees with you, but you would be hard pressed to find a current active participant here who claims their 'authority' or 'leadership' is greater than yours in this project.
C2C may not be the biggest sub forum in the place, but >200K messages in an active mod is a significant percent of civfanatics, in my opinion. It is greater than half of the total historical messages in GotM, and they have multiple mods. I am sure not an expert on civfanatics policy, but I think mod privileges here should be a no brainer.
Unless you don't want to be a mod. Then nominate someone else. [nose goes!]

The get privileges yourself! Seriously. Not everyone in the C2C subforum agrees with you, but you would be hard pressed to find a current active participant here who claims their 'authority' or 'leadership' is greater than yours in this project.
C2C may not be the biggest sub forum in the place, but >200K messages in an active mod is a significant percent of civfanatics, in my opinion. It is greater than half of the total historical messages in GotM, and they have multiple mods. I am sure not an expert on civfanatics policy, but I think mod privileges here should be a no brainer.
Unless you don't want to be a mod. Then nominate someone else. [nose goes!]
Having been a mod on another site I'm not sure I'd want the job. Anyone in the C2C world who WOULD like the job is welcome to request it of the moderators - would be nice to have a team member here with that capacity.

Moderator Action: Thanks for the questions about moderation. We have a team of moderators focused on the various C&C forums, including Civ IV - C&C, and their numerous subforums, including this one. Since moderators are not online all of the time and cannot, as a practical matter, read every post, we rely on the Report function to bring to moderator attention anything that needs to be done, whether that is to address a problematic post (trolling, inappropriate language, etc.) or to deal with site "housekeeping" requests (like thread and post moves, merges, splits, and the like).

By using the Report function, we maintain a record of each request and who acted on the request. Also, because all Reports are seen by the entire moderator team, a request in a Report is more likely to be acted on more quickly by an available moderator, rather than being delayed until a specific moderator is back online and able to respond to a request sent by private message.

Moderator Action: New thread created.

Top Bottom