Football Manager 2007

Well I've just completed my first season as Norwich in the first division, I missed out on a playoff place on the last game of the season because I was ropey, I've noticed this a few times, it's as if tactics degrade. You play a new tactic (in my case a 4-2-2-2 formation with 2 wingers) and you win some good victories but as time goes on the results don't come as good so you have to change, so I had to change to a 4-5-1 formation. That done me well until the last two games of the season. I needed 3 points from my last 6 to get into the playoffs and I was playing teams that were mid table, and I only got a point. Pish, oh well there's always next year.

Ive also finished my first season with the mighty charlton finished 10th. started off quite slowly looked like a relegation battle the as i was playing in a 6 pointer V Porstmouth my team suddenly came alive and i was on a good run of form, Ive also noticed that ifyou let you're assitant do the team talks you're team seems to play better. Also in my game chelsea and arsenal both finished mid table and Mourhino got sacked and reading almost won the premiership

woodelf said:
I'm seriously getting jealous! Amazon better hurry up...

if you're in the Uk allways order of Play.com for preoder stuff in my experience the product comes a day before release

I'm in the US, so I get stuck waiting.

Half-time talks can work wonders. I love questioning my team's passion. :)

Kan' Sharuminar said:
I'm seeing you get half-time talks now? What's that like?

They are in FM06 as well. I've found them to have an occasional impact and much better than laying into the players at the end of the match after they lose.

Suppersalmon said:
if you're in the Uk allways order of Play.com for preoder stuff in my experience the product comes a day before release

yeah and they're doing a thing with FM at the moment where I actually got the game on the same day it was mailed. Was rather pleased....

Team Talks can go either way. If you want you can view how your last team talk went by going into Assistant Manager Feedback. I've seen it work sometimes but sometimes if you do it really wrong the players will be rather resentful of you....

Steviejay and supersalmon, could you tell me your system specs, how many leagues do you run and how fast it runs? I'm curious coz I haven't ordered it yet and I wanna know does it work fine in our computer.

Grrr... I need 40€ more so I could FM07 AND PES6 from amazon.co.uk in one package...

One thing I have noticed is that they've certainly done something to the engine as a whole. the loading/saving has been dramatically reduced. I'm running a AMD XP 3000+ with a gig RAM and my current game has all the leagues from England Scotland and Italy running and it's fast enough for me not to really notice any hangups

im on a 2.66ghz, 250gb harddrive, and 1GB ram and im running english divisions premiership - league 2, Spanish premier league and italian Serie A. The box says the recomended spec are 2ghz processor 1GB ram and 8 X cd rom drive

So I can run it. Good. Our both comps have 2ghz processor, but our laptop has 1gb ram, while our regular doesn't. But laptop has a slower dvd-rom drive.

I think it works well for me on my regular settings, which are 2 leagues from my starting league, 1 from every big nation(Spain, England, Italy, France/Germany/Holland, Brazil/Argentina) and one from Finland of course.

Hitti-Litti said:
Why you put Jerzy Dudek in when you had Reina as goalkeeper? Took the wrong guy, huh?

cause it's not as if Liverpool are scoring much using strikers at the moment heh, why not try everything ;)

steviejay said:
cause it's not as if Liverpool are scoring much using strikers at the moment heh, why not try everything ;)

I was playing a match against Dundee Utd recently, where their keeper suddenly came out of the box to my end to add to the attack. Was quite a shock, but when Sutton got the ball I desperately hoped he would try a shot from the half-way line, just to rub in how silly an idea it was :p

Keepers always go to box if they are losing the game in 85-90 minutes and they have a corner.

I saw in FM05 demo(long time ago) when a goalie made a bicycle kick on corner kick. Hit the bar, though.

Hitti-Litti said:
Why you put Jerzy Dudek in when you had Reina as goalkeeper? Took the wrong guy, huh?

Well, confused his name with Dirk Kuyt somehow, I wanted to add to the attack an put him in the front, than I saw that I actually put Dudek instead of Kuyt and i went to sub him but before the sub could take place, he scored :D

Top Bottom