Football Manager 2007

I'm having alot of problems at the moment, I just can't seem to find a tactic that works. Keep drawing.

Has anyone else noticed that people get sacked alot more in this version? I'm doing above expectations so I'm good but it's.... odd, Fulham, Everton, Sunderland, Arsenal, Bolton are just 5 off the top of my head

Hitti-Litti said:
Was the scoring place an easy place for attacker or did the goal need a skilful header?

I switched from 4-4-2 to 3-4-3 though subbing Aurelio, my LB and I wanted to put Kuyt in centre between Bellamy and Crouch but instead of Kuyt I put Dudek... :lol:

maneged to finish 6th in my second season as charlton manager found a good brizilian called augusto from flamengo. im playing 4-4-2 at the moment

Finally cracked and brought it. The player interaction is a lot nicer and the scouting system does seem to have been improved. Started as Crew but that game didn't last very long as my best player was sold by the chairman, the second best player wanted to leave and whilst I had loads of money I couldn't buy anyone because of the wage budget. So I decided to return to Norwich. Beat Colchester at home, lost at Sunderland and won at West Brom. The last two matches have been pretty close. Earnshaw is still king of the Championship. :)

The strange thing about Football Manager (or Championship Manager, when I first got into the series) was that I had no interest in football when I bought my first one (CM 00/01). I had just heard the tales of how good a game it was, and bought it for the strategy value. From there I learned about European Football and the ways of football, and it was my basis for getting into the sport*.

I will not buy the new one just yet. I have to get Medieval 2, and Battlefield 2142, and Neverwinter Nights, and Football Manager 2007, and....DAMMIT!

A good plan. New demo though, which I hear is better, though I haven't tried.

The demo for Battlefield 2142 was fun but more of the same, that leaves Neverwinter and Football Manager in my 'new games to get' right now. Ah, tis the season :p

Grrr... Pro Evolution Soccer 6 and Football Manager 2007 can be bought together from amazon.co.uk but they cost about 70€ and I have 40€. I can't(won't) choose!

Earnshaw is out for a month however things are going really well at the moment and we are second in the Championship at the end of November. Agbonlahor is a very good player and continues to get better and better.

The problem with Norwich which I've found is that when it gets to the end of the season they bottle it. I was winning games 4-0 5-1 (I beat Newcastle 4-1in the FA Cup, I mean come on) but when it gets to the end of the season I just start loosing against teams I'd beat previous, I'm on a 3 game loosing streak and just can't pull myself out.

It's as if when you play the same tactics for so long the computer adapts to it and you can't use that tactic to win anymore

steviejay said:
It's as if when you play the same tactics for so long the computer adapts to it and you can't use that tactic to win anymore

Well, FM is a game devoted to realism. :p

I'ts November 06 with Chelsea and I am absolutely pulverisng everything, i'm 6 points clear at the top of the Premiership, in the Quarter finals of the League Cup against Everton and qualified for the knockout stages of the CL. I haven't lost a single game in the season.

Maybe I will try another team... later, i'm going to finish this season first.

well I finally got promoted to the Premiership after beating Fulham and Southhampton in the playoffs. Was really hairy for a minute there. I had to beat Blackpool in th elast game of the season to get into the playoffs and I just couldn't score. despite them being BOTTOM and already relagated. I finally scored in the 93rd minute. Now I'm gonna get my ass handed to me in the Premiership :(

steviejay said:
Now I'm gonna get my ass handed to me in the Premiership :(

Thats what happened to me in 06. On the plus side I signed a couple of really good players on free transfers when I went down that helped me get promoted again and then sign quite a few more good players.

Th4e problem is, my board is really tight when it comes to money and wages. I was bellow my wages but when I got promoted pretty much everyone in my team had clauses in there that meant if I got promoted they'd get a wage rise, so now I'm like ten k over and my board will only allow wages of around 350. I'm so screwed.

yeah you get the option when you set you're transfer budget to have more money and less wages or the toher way round

I have to admit something.

FM07 is torrented on our comp. :blush:

But I didn't download it, my bro did. And we have CM 99-00, 00-01, CM4 and FM05 legally, so I have supported SI Games with a nice amount of money. Gonna start a game tonight, I'll lead MyPa to:

1)Champion of Finnish Premier Division
2)To Champions League Group Phase
3)Myself as coach of Finland

To 2 I have to say that I did it in 05 as Helsingborg. If AC Milan wouldn't score at last minute in my home game I would have gone to knock-out rounds. I won Milan at San Siro 2-0. :D

Man, those were the days...

Injuries.

I get a lot of injuries to my wingers and forwards during matches. I've loaned in an extra left winger and striker and just about cope however I am wondering whether I should lower the training intensities for my wingers?

@Dell19: You know how to get back at injuries? Use the opposition instructions and set tackling to 'hard' against wingers and strikers. :mwaha: So far i've taken out about a player a game on average, it's so fun! One of the best features of the game!

Top Bottom